Sprint announces the EVO 4G LTE

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
htc_evo_4g_lte_front.jpg

The fellas are in New York tonight at the Sprint event, where the HTC EVO 4G LTE was just announced. Think of it as Sprint's One X, with a few extras.

It has the same Qualcomm S4 dual-core processor as the AT&T One X, with LTE, the same great camera hardware and software, Beats audio, and Sense 4. What sets it apart?

• microSD card slot
  • 2,000 mAh battery (non-removable)
  • dedicated camera button
  • Google Wallet
  • the return of the kickstand

It certainly looks to be a great successor to the EVO 4G, one of the most popular Android phones ever, and a device that set the bar for the next generation of smartphones.

Check out the specs, an image gallery, and the press release from Sprint.

We're getting some hands-on love with the EVO 4G LTE and we'll get it posted shortly.

Reactions: Wiley_11

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a HTC fan but this phone does look good..... I will have to follow this baby as it goes threw the paces...

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.

Reactions: crzycrkr

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
ehhh, still doesn't impress me. I hope Verizons got something revolutionary and new by the end of the year. Will never go back to sprint...

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i agree, seems like a worthy successor, will have to wait until some reviews and hands-on's are done to further evaluate getting one!!

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.

I don't care at all about how it looks considering I will be getting a case. All I care about is the specs inside and with an SD card, it makes it well worth it.

Reactions: strawhatnito0890

P_M_G

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
little disappointed that the 2650ma battery rumor was just that...maybe the EVO4GLTE2 will be available by the time LTE lights up in my neighborhood :D

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope Sprint will also launch an EVO Shift LTE phone soon too. I need the Keyoard and I am not a fan of Samsung after all the software problems I have had with my moment and epic.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This looks great and is a true worthy successor to the OG EVO. I'm not a fan of the half gloss half matte rear casing, but it's nothing a nice slim form-factor case can't fix. For those who like to run bareback with their device, I think the design decision could be a turn off for some. It's not terrible, but I think the standard HTC One X wins in the aesthetics department. It's by no means a deal breaker for me though.

To me, the slightly larger battery (even if it's still non-removable) and more importantly, the micro-SD card slot are the true winners here, and make this phone superior to the One X.

I probably won't own this device, but I'm excited for HTC fans that have been holding on to their EVOs waiting for something worthy, and I'm excited for Sprint.

This will undoubtedly be a winner this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance