Sprint announces the EVO 4G LTE

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Smh....

Another phone destroyed by carrier involvement. We will never get timely updates at this rate. I guarantee that the original One X will receive an update to the next version of Android many months before this...this deformed beast.

It's becoming more clear to me everyday that I'm going to have to buy my devices unlocked from across the pond.

I know some people don't mind the changes, but even in their hearts, they will admit that they were truly wishing that the One X hadn't received these changes.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Smh....

Another phone destroyed by carrier involvement. We will never get timely updates at this rate. I guarantee that the original One X will receive an update to the next version of Android many months before this...this deformed beast.

It's becoming more clear to me everyday that I'm going to have to buy my devices unlocked from across the pond.

I know some people don't mind the changes, but even in their hearts, they will admit that they were truly wishing that the One X hadn't received these changes.

I'm not convinced Sprint demanded all of these changes.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Did want the Sprint GNex, was waiting on the SGS3, but as of right now it looks like I'll get this. The differences between this and the original One X are what really have me sold on this device. If I had to choose between Sense and TouchWiz, it would be Sense all the way.

As what was said earlier, an "ugly" phone can easily be remedied with a nice case, and I've never been a big-battery swap person so that is also not a factor (Still getting at least a day out of the OG EVO with low 3G and moderate to heavy WiFi use).

Bring on May 7th!!!!!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.
You are not serious...are you? Lmao! This 'bad boy' is one hell of a device. Sprint has never disappointed me, hmm!.. maybe in their ("lack of their limited 4G coverages,") but never in their choice of devices.

Why can't some people just get it. The One X is just a name. If At&t didn't have the 'exclusivity' -- then Sprint 'might' have consider naming the phone some sort of One X. Does it really matter?? I'm glad that they decide to keep to keep the EVO name.

I'm super excited that we (Sprint) customers now have the device which is a true "successor" of the EVO 4G.

Have you read the "opening post" in this thread. The One X, but with Extras.
For what it's worth... You (we) don't have to upgrade to this phone. :p

Reactions: strawhatnito0890

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
dedicated camera button..nice!

Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.7 x 0.35 inches (LxWxT)
Weight: 4.7 ounces
Display: 4.7-inch HD 720p super LCD (1280 x 720), 16.7 million colors
Battery: Imbedded 2000mAh Lithium Ion (Li-ion) battery
Memory: 16GB internal memory (ROM); 1GB RAM; supports up to 32GB microSD card (sold separately)

I really like how the weight and thickness are the same as One X. What's better is the device has a bigger battery those only by 200mAh goes a long way for some people. (FYI Thunderbolt user can appreciate the difference between stock 1400mAh battery and seido slim 1600mAh extended battery)

A another nice touch by Sprint is the fact you can add up to an extra 32GB of storage for a total of 48GB if you need it. I may not like color scheme of this device but having kickstand, bigger battery and removable storage all for $199.99 is a great deal with unlimited data for now.

P.S Dedicate button is negative for simply because there is no wear and tear on a software camera button. Plus HTC has greatly improved the response time in tacking pictures I can see the dedicate camera button on the HTC Evo 4G LTE going out fast for some.

Last edited:

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You are not serious...are you? Lmao! This 'bad boy' is one hell of a device. Sprint has never disappointed me, hmm!.. http://www.mysmiley.net/free-winking-smileys.phpClick to view quoted image
maybe in their ("lack of their limited 4G coverages,") but never in their choice of devices.

Why can't some people just get it. The One X is just a name. If At&t didn't have the 'exclusivity' -- then Sprint 'might' have consider naming the phone some sort of One X. Does it really matter?? I'm glad that they decide to keep to keep the EVO name.

I'm super excited that we (Sprint) customers now have the device which is a true "successor" of the EVO 4G.

I think it was perfectly possible to replace the sim card slot with sdcard, and put in the bigger battery, and keep the One X design with the polycarbonate shell.

Call it the HTC Evo One X. A much better name than '4G LTE' which makes no sense since Evo 3D was already the succesor to the 4G and it doesn't have 4G in the name.

Why can't we get a powerful AND beautiful phone?

Reactions: crzycrkr

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
13719588.jpg

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
That battery will never make it through two years, especially if you happen to be in a city with LTE. Unfortunately that will be the deal breaker for me. And I have loved my Evo 4G and 3D. :'(

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think it was perfectly possible to replace the sim card slot with sdcard, and put in the bigger battery, and keep the One X design with the polycarbonate shell.

Call it the HTC Evo One X. A much better name than '4G LTE' which makes no sense since Evo 3D was already the succesor to the 4G and it doesn't have 4G in the name. P.s. The EVO 3d wasn't 'really' the EVO 4G true successor. :)

Why can't we get a powerful AND beautiful phone?
I beg to differ... What ever changes/modifications that were made to make the EVO 4G LTE was done for a reason. I'm loving the name and I'm sure many are too.

The ("dedicated camera button; 200mAh power battery; kickstand; 16GB of storage,) plus a few more is what makes me love this device even more.

What I'm going to do now, is to kick back, relax, and wait for my upgrade to kick in.

Unlimited data + dream device + incredible 4G LTE speed = Sprint's HTC EVO 4G LTE.
icon14.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ab304945

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You are not serious...are you? Lmao! This 'bad boy' is one hell of a device. Sprint has never disappointed me, hmm!.. [URL=http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0006.gif]Click to view quoted image
[/url] maybe in their ("lack of their limited 4G coverages,") but never in their choice of devices.

I don't think he's referring to the name, he's referring to the beautiful One X body that just got destroyed in the new EVO. He's not alone. Forums and site are getting lit up with how Sprint fuglied this thing. Good phone, bit hands down ugly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro