I've played with the HTC EVO 4G LTE ... Ask me anything!

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Phil, don't forget to address the speaker volume. I just hope is not crappy like the 3D... I'm not expecting to replace a boom box but at least loud enough to play music in an open area or crowed place and being able to hear it. Thanks!

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
As far as using video and be able to snap a picture while filming. Does the final video get a pause or jerk from when you snapped the pic?? I know my Canon S5IS does, that's why I'm asking.

Paul

jsayedahmad

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey Phil, just had a question in regards to the actual UI of the phone. Back when i had the EVO 3D, the frame rate of the 3D animations and unlock screen began to slow down progressively as i added widgets/live wall papers. Would you be able to tell me if the new S4 is able to easily handle all these things?

briankurtz79

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. That's how most tablets do it and even the iPhone has that function. I'vedone it on my galaxy tab a few times. Its nothing to worry about.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't see why that's an issue. The majority doesn't care. Plus with the processing power and amounts of memory I doubt anyone will notice any lag with whatever bloat is installed. People just need a reason to gripe. If its not the design it's the bloat ware. If its not the bloat it's the non removable battery. If its not the battery it's Sense. You guys can pick a different phone, you know?

+1

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure you just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. That's how most tablets do it and even the iPhone has that function. I'vedone it on my galaxy tab a few times. Its nothing to worry about.
Thanks, call me crazy but I love Sense, this will more and likely be my next phone & this was my only issue.. love all the advice in these forums!

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Phil:

Can you let me know if the keyboard still comes with with the options of converting it to the Compact QWERTY format? I've gotten very used to typing that way and would like to keep the option.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
phil, do you have demo unit?

does the 2000mah on the evo4glte (w/ lte radio off) have similar battery life to the international version of the one X that you have?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I finally crashed the One X last night. Holding the power button rebooted it just fine.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I finally crashed the One X last night. Holding the power button rebooted it just fine.

I can only speak for HTC phones and a couple of the Sprint Samsung phones, but doesn't every single phone and tablet have a power off option when you hold the power button for a few seconds? Let's get real here folks. On my 3D I get the option to restart OR power off.

Hey Phil - no guarantee, but every once in awhile it rains in Seattle. Have fun. I was hoping you could tell me how the screen looks outside in the daylight (love my 3D, but outside in bright SoCal sunlight I can't see it for squat) but I guess that will have to wait until you fly back to FL.

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I can only speak for HTC phones and a couple of the Sprint Samsung phones, but doesn't every single phone and tablet have a power off option when you hold the power button for a few seconds? Let's get real here folks. On my 3D I get the option to restart OR power off.

I think what is being discussed here is when the phone locks up. In that case you can hold the power button down all day and the phone remains unresponsive requiring a battery pull. Seems the One uses the power/volume as a reset which is a relief to many.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
One more question. What happens when the battery itself just fizzled out? For example, right now I'm going to replace my extended battery because I used to get 30 + hours out of it, now it only gets about half a day. When the battery dies out is it going to cost us money to fix it? How does this work with other devices?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
One more question. What happens when the battery itself just fizzled out? For example, right now I'm going to replace my extended battery because I used to get 30 + hours out of it, now it only gets about half a day. When the battery dies out is it going to cost us money to fix it? How does this work with other devices?

I'm also curious about this. If Sprint changes batteries it would take about an hour. If HTC fixes it your phone could be gone for 2 weeks or more. :confused: I'll definitely want an answer to this before I buy one!! :p

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Phil the only knock I have on my Evo 4G is that the speaker
sound quality. especially the highs and mid range are far inferior to the my sisters iphone 4s.. The iphone speaker sound so
Beautiful. So my question is? I will the Evo 4g Lte improve in this area? thanks

Last edited:

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I just got to speak with an HTC rep and get some hands on with the phone. Number one, it's awesome. Just undeniable. Second, he said he gets about a day and a half out of it with current software and minimal media. The battery swap/repair process will probably be similar to the iPhone, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

Also, holding power button ten seconds cuts battery like a battery pull, for all you calling for removable battery.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Wiley_11