07-10-2012 06:59 AM
322 12345 ...
tools
    I heard the part about being able to play tunes through your car speakers. How is this done? Is there a fm tuner or receiver needed for the Bluetooth stream.
    04-05-2012 12:20 AM
    Are there resizeable widgets and such in ICS on it? I more or less want to know about how Sense 4 compares to ICS, what got cut out, etc.
    04-05-2012 12:29 AM
    Any insight on how much the new EVO might go for off contract?
    04-05-2012 12:41 AM
    Just saw the thread on how Sprint ruined the HTC ONE X design in the Evo 4g LTE conversion. How much different is it and is it that drastic for a picket line to start forming in front of Sprint stores?

Sent from the future on my Samsung Galaxy S 3!
    04-05-2012 01:40 AM
    Are there resizeable widgets and such in ICS on it? I more or less want to know about how Sense 4 compares to ICS, what got cut out, etc.
    Have fun with this. There's also a gallery of screenshots posted a few days ago on the home page.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-se...te-walkthrough
    Crispy likes this.
    04-05-2012 01:57 AM
    Having spent time with all 3(One X, One S and this one) would you say its actually from the One X kinship or rather a beefed up One S variant. Not that I think it would overshadow the impressiveness of the hardware
    04-05-2012 04:06 AM
    Are multi-color notification lights supported?
    04-05-2012 06:03 AM
    Phil,

Does pressing the the the camera button while the phone is locked and the screen off wake and unlock the phone going straight to the camera app? I've swear I've seen some videos where other phones (I can't remember which for sure. Sony maybe?) where this is the case.

Thanks.
    04-05-2012 07:39 AM
    What about the LED notification light. I understand it resides behind the speaker, but is it bright enough to actually serve as a notification?

Thanks
    04-05-2012 08:29 AM
    What about the LED notification light. I understand it resides behind the speaker, but is it bright enough to actually serve as a notification?
    Sure, but I also want to see it outside of a dark event room.
    04-05-2012 09:33 AM
    Phil,

Does pressing the the the camera button while the phone is locked and the screen off wake and unlock the phone going straight to the camera app? I've swear I've seen some videos where other phones (I can't remember which for sure. Sony maybe?) where this is the case.

Thanks.
    Oooooooooooo, crap. Shoulda thought of that. What was the previous model that did that?
    04-05-2012 09:34 AM
    I heard the part about being able to play tunes through your car speakers. How is this done? Is there a fm tuner or receiver needed for the Bluetooth stream.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-on...experience-yet

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qID8leHeVYU[/YT]
    04-05-2012 09:36 AM
    Just saw the thread on how Sprint ruined the HTC ONE X design in the Evo 4g LTE conversion. How much different is it and is it that drastic for a picket line to start forming in front of Sprint stores?

Sent from the future on my Samsung Galaxy S 3!
    Seriously, folks need to calm down about this.

(And love the sig. )
    04-05-2012 09:37 AM
    Then I suggest you read our Definitive Sense 4 Guide
    kfr1334 likes this.
    04-05-2012 09:38 AM
    Oooooooooooo, crap. Shoulda thought of that. What was the previous model that did that?
    Actually saw a video where the HTC spokesperson had to turn the screen off and pushed the camera button and went straight to camera from sleep. If u hold the button in, it snaps 4frames a second. Then u pick the best image and throw the rest away.
    04-05-2012 10:11 AM
    is the screen tech in the evo 4g lte the same as the htc one X?

the spec sheet says "HD super LCD" while the one x says "HD super LCD 2"
    04-05-2012 10:27 AM
    Do the homescreens rotate to landscape when the phone is resting on the kickstand?

Mmmmm......kickstand.
    BigDinCA likes this.
    04-05-2012 10:54 AM
    Click your heels together. Seriously. Don't worry about this.
    This is actually my main concern about this phone as well. I plan on doing lots of rooting and ROM flashing on it and often need to pull the battery when stuck in a bootloop or hard crash. Is there another way to get out of a locked up phone when you don't have access to the battery?
    04-05-2012 11:18 AM
    This is actually my main concern about this phone as well. I plan on doing lots of rooting and ROM flashing on it and often need to pull the battery when stuck in a bootloop or hard crash. Is there another way to get out of a locked up phone when you don't have access to the battery?
    I would assume that it would have a pin hole where you could force the restart. It works the exact same as a battery pull
    04-05-2012 11:36 AM
    Do we know which LTE bands this will support?
    04-05-2012 11:48 AM
    Has anyone heard if Sprint will allow LTE roaming on Verizon or AT&T? Verizon is going to have LTE in my area LONG LONG LONG before Sprint. Sprint hasn't bothered even giving my area 3G let alone any type of 4G....
    jalaazul likes this.
    04-05-2012 12:00 PM
    Does the Sprint version have those pin holes for the cardock connection? I couldn'tsee any from pics ive seen.
    04-05-2012 12:48 PM
    Does the Sprint version have those pin holes for the cardock connection? I couldn'tsee any from pics ive seen.
    No.
    04-05-2012 01:19 PM
    Has anyone heard if Sprint will allow LTE roaming on Verizon or AT&T? Verizon is going to have LTE in my area LONG LONG LONG before Sprint. Sprint hasn't bothered even giving my area 3G let alone any type of 4G....
    Sprint and LTE use different frequency spectrums for LTE. I don't see how roaming would be possible.
    04-05-2012 01:20 PM
    Seriously, folks need to calm down about this.

(And love the sig. )
    Phil, as EIC of this beloved site I am surprised that you're not familiar with the 10 phases of EVO love.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post1688727
    04-05-2012 01:22 PM
322 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD