Thought process behind the redesign

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So you're assuming anyone who isn't an Android geek (there is no such group) automatically wants the iPhone?

Why don't you ask what the draw for the iPhone is? The 'next big thing from Apple' is going to be yet another iPhone with the exact same UI and restrictions we have today.

There are plenty of 'normal' people who make the decision to buy Android after comparing all the phones. There's a reason Android has the largest marketshare.

Yeah we don't know that. The iPhone 5 could be the recipient of a made-over version of iOS.

Oh, and you're ignoring the fact that the iPhone 5 will be LTE with a bigger screen. People will eat that up.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah we don't know that. The iPhone 5 could be the recipient of a made-over version of iOS.

Oh, and you're ignoring the fact that the iPhone 5 will be LTE with a bigger screen. People will eat that up.

But if we're talking about the average "Joe Schmoe", they don't follow what's coming out on the iPhone 5. They find what cool at the store. They are drawn to a commercial. The iPhone 5 won't be hyped pre release. They don't do that so the average consumer will be sold on two things. "How much does it cost?" and "What is the most data/minutes I can get for my money?"

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Most people I've seen with iPhones don't seem to care about design. The first thing they do is slap some ugly case on it. I mean is Crocs the leading manufacturer of iPhone cases? Maybe they're trying to make it look bigger so they don't look silly next to someone with a right-sized Android phone.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
But if we're talking about the average "Joe Schmoe", they don't follow what's coming out on the iPhone 5. They find what cool at the store. They are drawn to a commercial. The iPhone 5 won't be hyped pre release. They don't do that so the average consumer will be sold on two things. "How much does it cost?" and "What is the most data/minutes I can get for my money?"

Won't be hyped pre release? Have you paid ANY attention to any apple releases over the last 5 years? The next iPhone will get more hype than every major android phone put together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Won't be hyped pre release? Have you paid ANY attention to any apple releases over the last 5 years? The next iPhone will get more hype than every major android phone put together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It is always hyped cause it is an Iphone. not the specs.

And because Iphone is the best phone there is.

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4s is the best designed phone, period.

All Android handset makers should take note. You cant deny how great the phone looks, it looks high quality compare to the millions of Android handsets that look like plastics, drab gray or black gloss bricks.

Only phone to come close, if not better is that white One X.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Since the top half of the back is removable, i'm hoping there will be 3rd party swaps in different materials. Unfortunately it cannot be metal but i'm sure they will come up with something. I really would kill for clear poly carbonate or glass. Who cares if it breaks if I can just snap a new one in

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Since the top half of the back is removable, .... Who cares if it breaks if I can just snap a new one in

yup, and to add this;
a replacement would also replace the camera lens cover, which is a big concern for the one x.
With THIS design if your lens cover gets scratched, your camera isn't ruined...the cover can just be replaced.
.... a better design choice IMO then every other HTC phone in the "one" series.
function over form.

My only hesitation in this phone is the battery. I'd prefer to be able to swap it out or pull it to do a reset if needed, but I don't feel it's a deal breaker...is just not what I am used to. There's always a work around.

I'd also prefer the charge port to be on the bottom of the phone as well, and while Im at it...I'd like a real keyboard...my favorite was the one on my touchpro 2 with the tilt screen.

Personally, I can care less what my phone LOOKS like. Its a tool....a screwdriver. I want it to work.

I've yet to find a good on-screen keyboard that can truly replace a physical one. I'm really hoping for a phone with specs half as good as this one with a physical keyboard, but until then...this phone seems awesome

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon