Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
A simple poll.

1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner?
2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE? choices are -
a) yes
b) no
c) waiting for GS III news (or other phones)
3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2?
4. What other factors might affect your answer

1. Yes, a 3D owner. (The 3D is a gimmick, and I never use it, but it's still a really good phone. Best phone availble on Sprint for a while last year.)
2. d) I want to, but I'm under contract until 2013. I'll consider the off contract pricing and how much I could get for my 3D. Hopefully Sprint makes some contract change that allows me to get out of my contract early.
3. When the blurry-cam pics came out, I was hesitant, but now that I've seen the official press shots and the hand on videos, I'm ok with the redesign. It looks pretty nice. But I'm going to put a case on it anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. The kickstand is BOSS!
4. The biggest thing is my contact situation. I don't have WiMax in my area, so not having LTE is par for the course, and at least I have hope that I'll get LTE. Another factor, I have to convince my wife that I need a new phone. ;)

zeroefx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes, a 3D owner. (The 3D is a gimmick, and I never use it, but it's still a really good phone. Best phone availble on Sprint for a while last year.)
2. d) I want to, but I'm under contract until 2013. I'll consider the off contract pricing and how much I could get for my 3D. Hopefully Sprint makes some contract change that allows me to get out of my contract early.
3. When the blurry-cam pics came out, I was hesitant, but now that I've seen the official press shots and the hand on videos, I'm ok with the redesign. It looks pretty nice. But I'm going to put a case on it anyway, so it doesn't matter to me. The kickstand is BOSS!
4. The biggest thing is my contact situation. I don't have WiMax in my area, so not having LTE is par for the course, and at least I have hope that I'll get LTE. Another factor, I have to convince my wife that I need a new phone. ;)

Sprint is is still doing the early early upgrade program until the 15th of this month I believe. If you call sprint and talk to someone insisting about the buyout program they'll transfer you to someone who knows their stuff. At the very most you'll be paying 165 for the buy your way out of the contract. But at the very least it'll be cheaper than off contract priceing.

Search for " sprint Early buyout program" on Engadget for more details. :)

Reactions: jean15paul

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Yes (EVO 4G)
2. Yes
3. Yes (better for real-world than orig. One X design)
4. Nothing. 7 May = I fork over money for the pre-order, period.

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
A simple poll.

a) yes
b) no

My answers -

1. yes, Evo 4G
2. yes
3. Definitely and for the better. I like the design
4. LTE looks nice. Better be faster than their WIMAX

Raadius

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. Evo 4G.
2. B.
3. Yes.
4. No LTE in my area till mid 2013. Don't need a kickstand, don't care for a NFC/Google Wallet or dedicated camera button.

My answer to number 4 is optional, I can live or live without them, but the redesign really killed my wow factor.

swazedahustla

May 18, 2010
Visit site
1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner? 3D
a) yes
b) no
No, I don't do samsung........ cheap design and bad radio issues
Nope, I like the design4. What other factors might affect your answer
None, im defintely getting the new EVO

adamf663

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
1. 4G
2. no
3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2? yes
Lack of replaceable battery makes the phone useless if used for more than a few hours a day.
It's a deal breaker. Every cell phone since the dawn of time with the exception of the iphone has had the ability to swap batteries. If I wanted an Iphone, I'd have one, but I prefer function over jewelry.

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
1. Are you an Evo 4G/3D owner?

Yes, a 4G owner.

a) yes
b) no
c) waiting for GS III news (or other phones) I'm in this boat, have another year to go on my contract. But I'd go for the Evo 4G LTE if I was upgradeable sooner.
3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2? No

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1) Yes, Evo 3D who also owned OG Evo, prior-to
2) Yes, most likely, pending a few reviews and LTE data speed tests...
3) No, it doesn't look half-bad to me.
4) Only if the GSIII were to be announced and it outdoes the Evo 4G LTE; then I'd patiently wait for that one.

krid

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Still rockin' the OG EVO (w/CM7).

2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE?

Probably...

I'm reserving final judgement until I can hold one in my hand, but the new EVO looks pretty bad in comparison to the One X. Too busy with the transitions from matte to red to shiny and the silver around the edge. The body is too angular, and the edges of the front glass are awkwardly squared off. OTOH I really like the kickstand on my EVO so I'm happy to see that feature.

Lack of removable battery doesn't bother me in the least. SD card is similarly uninteresting -- I've got an 8G card in my EVO and now that I'm using Google Music it's mostly empty.

Waiting to see what the SGIII looks like. Waiting for actual user reviews of the phone. I might decide to switch to ATT or Verizon based on other factors.

ReaganDee

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner? YES, old school 4G
2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE? YES
3. Has the redesign affected your answer to #2? Slightly, not too pumped about the glossy back part and how scratched up it will get. But, it won't stop me from getting it
4. What other factors might affect your answer? Galaxy Nexus announcement and specs, but I am in Houston one of the first LTE markets so I have that going for me

aristarchus

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
1. Are you a Evo 4G/3D owner? Sporting an epic 4g
a) yes
b) no

C. Although very interested.
No

4. What other factors might affect your answer.

Not sure when LTE is coming in and how great it will be in my area, particularly for battery life.

neoenigma

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes. Or rather, I was. I bought the original EVO on release day. I swapped it out for the Epic 4G when that was released and gave my EVO to my wife.

2. Will you upgrade to the 4G LTE?

No.

Yes. I can't get over how much I do not like the design of the EVO version. When I first saw the HTC One X, I thought it was the most beautiful phone I've ever seen. It's such an elegent looking phone. I normally don't like white phones but the One X is GORGEOUS. HOWEVER... it has obvious flaws. No removable battery and no SD card. THAT IS THE ONLY THING SPRINT HAD TO CHANGE. It would be the GREATEST android phone to be released. I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'd buy it twice.

Did they figure a phone that looked that beautiful AND had every sensible feature would be too unfair on the market? Did they have to make it ugly? Ugh... I'm not getting it out of spite.

Nothing. I may be switching to AT&T just so I can get the One X. I hate hate the new phone's design THAT much.

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
1. Yep, EVO 4G.
2. C, most likely. My OG EVO is still serving me well so I will wait for the quad-core LTE phones.
3. Yes, to a degree. The One X is a quad-core phone and the 4G LTE is dual-core.
4. The availability of LTE where I live. I have solid WiMax coverage right now, so until LTE has been rolled out in my town, I don't really see the use in upgrading just yet.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
No, Evo Shift(does that count)

Only Slightly

a) tired of Sense even though this latest iteration may not be as bad

b) Samsung is working to make its Exynos quad-core LTE compatible in a quite unique way and with 22 months between upgrades I need something that will be future-proof

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
1. 4G and 3d owner (and treo 300, 600, palm pre)
2. Probably.
3. Yes. Would've been 1st in line if it looked like the One X. I will wait for other colors *fingers crossed*
4. Hopefully i'll get in the republic wireless beta and drop sprint altogether.

dbhart5

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm a huge HTC fan. I've had both the 4G and the 3D. Now I'm rocking a Samsung 4G Touch. I think I want to get the HTC LTE, but no way if DC metro isn't lit with LTE.
I'm not seeing anyone taking that into consideration. Would you guys seriously upgrade if the new LTE network isn't up and running in your market?

sharkknuckle

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
1. Yes Evo 4G
2. a
3. Not at all. Bigger battery, SD slot, and a stand. Nothing negative about that. The only design gripe I have is the cheap looking plastic on the top. Looks like you can potentially change it in the future since it's removable (I think).
4. The biggest thing that I can see wrong with this phone is the non-removable battery. They made it so much better than the One X....why not just go that extra mile lol. Even though I have not been one to replace my battery at all, I can definitely notice the age. If I was ok with keeping this hardware, I could change my battery and possibly have that much more battery life. That being said, nothing short of a GSIII announcement with specs is going to stop me from getting this phone lol.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta