Why the Evo 4G LTE isn't the One X

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Straight from the horses mouth -

Why HTC's EVO 4G LTE Isn't an HTC One X | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"We have a lot of brand equity at Sprint and HTC in EVO," Sprint's product chief Farid Adib said. "It's hard for us to let go of that franchise, and it does have a lot of dedicated users. You don't want to disenfranchise customers by letting go of something that's very important to them."
EVO is a more established brand than One, Adib said.
Maybe this is the real point: calling the phone an EVO also calls out how the device was "codesigned with Sprint" rather than being an off-the-shelf HTC model, Harlin and Adib said.

HTC chief product officer Kouji Kodera said "there's a lot of operator franchise markets, and in those cases branding and those discussions will come from the [operator] customers," which was apparently a hint that carriers like Sprint wouldn't let HTC have its way with the phone's branding and marketing.
Confirms this isn't an HTC only design, and it was Sprint's decision, as I've been saying all along.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I think they started with the One S platform and built up

It's the One X. Same version as ATT, which is the same as the international version. Don't let the frame fool you. The difference being the S4 chipset, but that's because LTE doesn't like the Tegra3. The EVO adds a microSD slot and the kickstand.

The One S is built with the MAO process so that back cover looks wicked.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I know Sascha. I know what he's saying.

I also know that this is a an EVO in One X clothing. Or maybe the other way around. I was there last night, too. I've used it. Sascha's talking more in the branding/identity sense.

Hardware-wise, it's a One X, with slightly better specs. (You really gonna turn down a bigger battery and microSD card?) I just looks a little different.

Reactions: ez2bgman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2