Super sexy video showing the design story behind the EVO LTE

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Caution, this could be considered NSFW if you work with a bunch of tech nerds.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNlGtUPuabs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Last edited:

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm embarrassed, my e stiffy just grew, too bad my wife won't appreciate it much...

Its really a shame so many are comparing this device to the one x as it is clearly not a one x, it is an evo plain and simple. I applaud HTC and sprint for setting this device apart as it grew into a different device with the extras added to it. I am hoping it shows its true potential on launch day as my upgrade is on June 1rst and I think my nexus days might just be over for a while...and I'm sure devs will have cyanogen on it so if sense doesn't please me there will be options. Gotta love these times we live in and stop comparing everything, just be grateful for what we have and live in the moment.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Coop1979

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Super sexy video showing w/ the scenes on the design of EVO L

Looks like there is/was a design with a dual LED flash, too.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Very cool video thanks for sharing it. I have little doubt that their design team put a lot of thought into the new EVO. But I do think that in their quest to make it different, they failed by using the two-tone rear casing. Some may like it, but it just doesn't visually do it for me.

However, I would buy the EVO LTE before the One X in a heartbeat if you disregard the carrier issues, solely due to the micro SD card slot. Also, all of my mobile devices get a case slapped on them so I would quickly forget about the rear casing, especially with a non-removable battery. I can probably count the number of times I've seen the back of my Epic 4G Touch on one hand over the 6 months I've owned it, and each time was to pull the battery for various reasons.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting the video. I love the red stripe. I always enjoyed seeing the red ring around the camera on my original EVO, so the stripe is a nice touch.

Can someone explain to me, why you boys think a phone can be 'sexy'? I've thought certain phones were 'sleek', 'thin', 'classy' or 'easy to hold'....humm, maybe I just answered my own question. I just described how I like men, so maybe it's the same. I guess we women don't think of inadament objects as sexy.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you notice at around 3:50 mark you see a unit with the top back the same color as the bottom. I think that would look so much better.

If you put a invisishield full body on the phone it will all be one color...glossy black...

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
People still use Invisishield's? Lol, wow.

Why not? Always worked for me...I double wrap...Shield then Otter...Don't want any accidents...My EVO still looks brand new...each to their own

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Why not? Always worked for me...I double wrap...Shield then Otter...Don't want any accidents...My EVO still looks brand new...each to their own

Would never not have an invisi shield on my device

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

You guys need to take a look at some of the other options out there. I'm not bashing some type of shield, but Zagg is outdated trash. They haven't updated their product in 4 or 5 years. Most of the other big brands out there are head and shoulders above them now. THe only reason Zagg still does well is the fact that a bunch of people don't know any better, and that they have the deal with Best Buy. Do yourselves a favor and try some of the other brands. And, ust to clarify, I'm not saying this to be a d!ck. It just hurts me to know that people are covering new electronics in thick, ugly, old plastic

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
You guys need to take a look at some of the other options out there. I'm not bashing some type of shield, but Zagg is outdated trash. They haven't updated their product in 4 or 5 years. Most of the other big brands out there are head and shoulders above them now. THe only reason Zagg still does well is the fact that a bunch of people don't know any better, and that they have the deal with Best Buy. Do yourselves a favor and try some of the other brands. And, ust to clarify, I'm not saying this to be a d!ck. It just hurts me to know that people are covering new electronics in thick, ugly, old plastic

So enlighten us that don't know any better...what other options are out there. For the cost of most of them Id rather purchase something that I know works and I have had no problems or concerns with. Havnt really seen anything else out there personally but since I havnt had to purchase a new phone in about 18 months I'm out of the loop I guess

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So enlighten us that don't know any better...what other options are out there. For the cost of most of them Id rather purchase something that I know works and I have had no problems or concerns with. Havnt really seen anything else out there personally but since I havnt had to purchase a new phone in about 18 months I'm out of the loop I guess

Check out some of the other forums and threads. I don't wrap the hole phone, only the screen. For the screen, Steinheil Ultra Crystals are impossible to beat. Completely clear. Can't even tell it's on there. For wrapping the rest of the phone, it depends on who you ask. Phantom Skinz and Ghost Armor are both pretty well regarded and are thinner with much better clarity. There are also a bunch of others. I don't keep up too much on the full wraps since I don't use them, but I know from the forums that people that do and try out a bunch of different skins have pretty universally moved away from Zagg. Seems the only people that still use them are the ones who haven't tried anything else.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Check out some of the other forums and threads. I don't wrap the hole phone, only the screen. For the screen, Steinheil Ultra Crystals are impossible to beat. Completely clear. Can't even tell it's on there. For wrapping the rest of the phone, it depends on who you ask. Phantom Skinz and Ghost Armor are both pretty well regarded and are thinner with much better clarity. There are also a bunch of others. I don't keep up too much on the full wraps since I don't use them, but I know from the forums that people that do and try out a bunch of different skins have pretty universally moved away from Zagg. Seems the only people that still use them are the ones who haven't tried anything else.

Thanks for the assistance lol

Reactions: crzycrkr

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Savvy ship's are not thick is only 1mm thick that not thick at all I have had it on my EVO 4g and now my design

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk

Probaholic1

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think this phone is really nice, Im not saying id pick it up. Nut i like where we are going as far as styling is concerned, im glad manufacturers are taking chances with defferenc styling and really setting there own brand apart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463