The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I want this phone too. It's odd - the design issues are really affecting people. For me the effect was a realization that I've kept my EVO 4G all locked up in an otter box. I don't even know its real shape or texture anymore. I'm thinking that when I do get this new signature EVO, I don't want it to stay hidden from sight this time around. I want to know this design that a whole team of designers put their hearts into. I want to feel the textures, the slimmness, the flaunting of the red kickstand by my ear!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota 35-2

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I had the Evo and then Sprint got the iPhone. It's a good phone an Siri is awesome, but it's boring. So come May 7th I am preordering as my contract is coming up. Cannot wait for this. I miss the original Evo, but not the battery. Lol.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
This will be my 3rd straight HTC phone which includes the Hero and my current OG EVO. I will be honest and say that I was all into the Samsung GS3 hype, and the Sprint GNex, but I am going all-in for the new EVO. I've got a real good feeling that I will not regret getting this phone, hopefully in early June.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Or you can buy a replacement screen, open up the phone, and replace it yourself. (Probably, I know it's relatively easy on some phones, but I never looked into doing it on the Evo.)

I didn't even realize I could order a replacement screen on my own. Thanks for the heads up. Found one on Amazon for $11. I though my cousin was being a smart ass when she suggested I buy a new screen, lol.

Dutchmasta

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I am most certainly getting the new EVO. I have an EVO 3D now. It has been great up until the past month or 2 where it has been glitchy. Otherwise it was an awesome phone, super fast and solid construction. Idk where people are getting off saying the OG EVO is much better than the 3D. give me a break! the current EVO is much faster all around and has Much better battery life. Id take the 3D over the 4G all day everyday... Just to brag a bit; i have friend who works for Sprint as a sales associate. He gets an upgrade every 6 months and is going to let me use his cuz i don't get my next one for another year. Cheap EVO 4G LTE here i come :)!

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Was holding out for the Note. But I thank that its nothing but a whisper in the wind, so it looks like the Evo 4G LTE for me. Or maybe I could hold my Evo Veiw up to my ear and pretend I have the Note. :p

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize I could order a replacement screen on my own. Thanks for the heads up. Found one on Amazon for $11. I though my cousin was being a smart ass when she suggested I buy a new screen, lol.

Check on Youtube. I'm willing to bet they have a video on how to replace a screen on a Evo

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am currently on the Epic Touch 4G and am desperate to get back to HTC, dont get me wrong i like the SGS2 but I am missing the built quality of HTC. When it comes to quality, Motorola and HTC along with Nokia are top notch for me, when it comes to screen and camera Samsung is the best...BUT that looks to change with the E4GLTE!! I cannot wait for this phone to come out!:D

Has anyone ever pre ordered before? I have never done so and curious as to how that works.:confused:

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait ... we're not? :p

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

Might as well be. LOL

Although, I'm still not sold on this phone (or any other) at this point. Don't get me wrong. I like it a lot, but if I get a new phone this summer it will likely be full-price due to my current contract obligations. I'm not sure I want to pay full price for this phone. Ultimately, the deciding factor will be when I hold it in my hand and see how it performs.

Last edited:

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Unless there is a better deal than what Best Buy is offering for my OG EVO, I am going thru them.

I'm tired of being in the "waiting room". I'm ready to"be seen" with my HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So HTC releases a very solid device with a 3D feature and it instantly gets thrown in the "gimmick" box? I see how that makes sense....let's ignore it's other specs because it takes 3D pics.....

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm running MeanROM 4.0 (haven't flashed the new 4.1 yet) on my EVO3D, and I couldn't be happier with its performance and battery life. The Amaze camera is great and addresses most of the issues with the original camera software. This is my third straight HTC (Hero, OG EVO, EVO3D), and honestly I had thought I was ready to move to Samsung (most likely GNex) before I flashed MeanROM and got a new lease on life.

I'm looking forward to ICS and Sense 3.6 on the EVO3D, and that may allow me to delay my purchase of the EVO4GLTE. I'm not due an upgrade until February or so, so unless they allow me to buy out my ETF, I'm paying full price when I do take the plunge.

Decisions, decisions...

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm running MeanROM 4.0 (haven't flashed the new 4.1 yet) on my EVO3D, and I couldn't be happier with its performance and battery life. The Amaze camera is great and addresses most of the issues with the original camera software. This is my third straight HTC (Hero, OG EVO, EVO3D), and honestly I had thought I was ready to move to Samsung (most likely GNex) before I flashed MeanROM and got a new lease on life.

I'm looking forward to ICS and Sense 3.6 on the EVO3D, and that may allow me to delay my purchase of the EVO4GLTE. I'm not due an upgrade until February or so, so unless they allow me to buy out my ETF, I'm paying full price when I do take the plunge.

Decisions, decisions...

Rooting is definitely a good alternative to upgrading! I did it last year on my OG EVO. I recommend to anyone who is tired of their current phone and can't afford an upgrade right now.

For me, I am ready and excited for the EVO 4G LTE.

smc333

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Played with the one x and one s and mannn I cannot wait to get my hands on the new evo. The screen on the one x was stunning and there was a major difference for me from the one s to one x. Although I did prefer the size/build of the one s.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac