The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I heard from a rep at the Sprint Store that they are buying back the EVO 3d for $90. All you have to do is buy a $50 gift card for the pre-order status and then when it comes in on May 18 you can apply the $90 credit to the LTE.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I heard from a rep at the Sprint Store that they are buying back the EVO 3d for $90. All you have to do is buy a $50 gift card for the pre-order status and then when it comes in on May 18 you can apply the $90 credit to the LTE.

Sprint site shows they will buy back the 3d for $90...and the old Evo 4G for $70. You don't have to preorder the new phone from them to have them buy back the 3d or 4g...

I placed a pre-order with wirefly for $149.99 free shipping, no waiting for rebate, no sales tax like I would have with Sprint/BB/RadioShack.. but still showing that Sprint will charge the stupid $36 "activation" fee separately. I will try and lobby to have that waived, but S has gotten tougher on all of these lately. Anyhoo...that works out to $70+ savings over the alternatives...my first time with them so we shall see.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
quick question... I have a family member who is switching to sprint and was thinking of having them get the evo LTE and then trading them for an older phone I have as they don't care about tech and I'm out of upgrades until October... Should work out fine right? Just like activating a used phone?

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
quick question... I have a family member who is switching to sprint and was thinking of having them get the evo LTE and then trading them for an older phone I have as they don't care about tech and I'm out of upgrades until October... Should work out fine right? Just like activating a used phone?

You should have no issues as long as the ESN is clean on the used phone.

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
OK do I need to wait to trade the phones for a day or what? It'll be 2 separate accounts that I'm trading between

revrob330

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email about my preorder through Sprint:
"hanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO™ 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships."

So far, so good.

Papichulo06

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email about my preorder through Sprint:
"hanks again for pre-ordering the new HTC EVO? 4G LTE from Sprint.

This revolutionary smartphone is available to the public on Friday, May 18. So we'll do our absolute best to make sure you get yours first. Soon, you'll have unlimited access to all the things you love, only from Sprint.

We're processing your order now so look for your shipping confirmation email informing you of the specific carrier used for delivery, as well as the tracking number on the day that your phone ships."

So far, so good.

I got the same e-mail. Bet you they ship Monday and we'll all get it by Wednesday at the latest Thursday..

secretmethod70

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be a long week, that's for sure. I haven't been this excited about a smarthphone in a long time.
I haven't been this excited about a smartphone since the last time I bought a smartphone! (That would be two years ago, when I bought the original EVO 4G ;) ) Last time, I bought the phone on release day and got it only a few days later. This time, I pre-ordered the phone and I feel like time can't go any slower as I anxiously wait for the e-mail telling me it has shipped!

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I get a tad more excited each day, keep checking my order to see if it magically shipped today lol even though I know it hadn't.

I just want to get rid of this 3d....no camera and vol up is KILLING ME, I cant update a thing in the bootloader lol

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This is crazy to have to wait. I really Liked my PRE and thought upgrading every year just didn't make sense . Then I was going to get the Evo , then not. Well My work day started not far from a Sprint store so I thought what the heck I will pop over see whats going on and maybe get it. Well it has turned out to be the Best phone ever so I knew I wanted this as I see it as the 1st real Upgrade (3D did nothing for me). So here we all wait , waiting for that Email and Tracking with Package Buddy on our Phone with it not knowing it's tracking it's replacement lol