The official EVO 4G LTE Waiting Room

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Anything and everything leading up to the launch of the HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint.

We currently don't have a release date, but preorders start May 7 for $199 on contract.

Reactions: six8

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to this phone. I am currently using the EVO 3D. Thy phone is pretty good overall but the camera is horrible. The speakerphone also sucks. The camera on the EVO 4G LTE sounds great. I am patiently waiting (yea right) untill the peorders start....:D

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I too am looking forward to this phone. I have been without my android (Samsung Epic) for the last month because I didn't want to pay the $100 insurance to replace when new phones were rumored for Sprint (using an old BB Curve to keep up; sort of :'(). While I have not done a pre-order before, The more I read on this phone, I think I will be making putting in my order on May 7th and hope there are accessories available to protect my investment. Can't wait to get back to using an Android every day....

limdoug

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how upgrades work on Amazon? My Mom is on my family plan and has an upgrade that she isn't going to use because she only wants dumb phones and I just got her one on ebay for cheap. If I use her upgrade but never actually activate the phone with her number, is that going to be a problem?

I'm definitely going to get the E4GLTE.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I need to know off contract pricing. I'm a 3D owner. (The 3D is a gimmick, and I never use it, but it's still a really good phone. Best phone availble on Sprint for a while last year.) I want to get the Evo LTE, but I'm still under contract until 2013 I'll consider the off contract pricing and how much I could get for my 3D. Hopefully Sprint makes some contract change that allows me to get out of my contract early.

Another factor, I have to convince my wife that I need a new phone

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm 99.9% sure I'm getting this phone. Original EVO 4G was great, EVO 3D (so-so), and I'll continue with this new one. I'm eligible for an upgrade June 15th. =)

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I hope they do another buy back program as with the original EVO 4G, they gave me 200$ towards my EVO 3D, i would like to see that with my EVO 3D as well!. Any word on this? Either way i am buying this phone as soon as available!

dadavises

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm already on the bandwagon to get this phone. I'm an oringinal EVO owner and I did not fall for the gimmicky 3D bs. The EVO has lasted as long as it can and in June, its time for a new journey.

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been hanging on to my upgrade since January. I was set on Galaxy Nexus till sprint announced the new EVO, now I have to wait at least till the EVO is released. If Sprint announces something else during this waiting period, I may change my mind again.

I'd prefer qwerty keyboard device. For now though, EVO LTE is my next phone.

bwithey11

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on using this option as well. I cant remember, did they send an email verifying that you got the $50 discount? I cant find anything anywhere on mine.

I jusst saved the text message they sent me. I don't recall seeing an e-mail either. I think it's an after purchase gift card tho, so you would have to buy something else to use it.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe I'll be pre ordering from Sprint on May 7th, I did Best Buy before though so who knows...any cases out there yet? Been googling every day with nothing...Hoping they released the phone to case mfgs so they can get at least something out for us on the first day, Id hate to go without anything on the phone...Pretty rough on them lol

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

cfbauer

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Ready to pop my Android cherry on this one. My car broke down last November so I had to wait on the Galaxy SII. It's been a long time coming!

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordering at Best Buy

Anybody going to go pre-order at Best Buy to get the $50 gift card/discount?

I'm pre-ordering at Best Buy but not for the $50 gift card(although I will happily take it) but because I like the insurance Best Buy offers better than the Sprint Insurance.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm pre-ordering at Best Buy but not for the $50 gift card(although I will happily take it) but because I like the insurance Best Buy offers better than the Sprint Insurance.

I had issues with Best Buys insurance right after I got my EVO...Don't remember the exact issues though...hmmmm

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo since day one and was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy, but than I heard the announcement about the new Evo coming to Sprint...I'm in. Definitely can't wait until the phone comes out since my screen recently shattered. No trade in dollars for me:'( And I took off the insurance. Well, I wasn't shelling out that $100 deductible when I have to kick out another $200 for the phone. With the screen protector, I can hold it together until the release date.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Evo since day one and was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy, but than I heard the announcement about the new Evo coming to Sprint...I'm in. Definitely can't wait until the phone comes out since my screen recently shattered. No trade in dollars for me:'( And I took off the insurance. Well, I wasn't shelling out that $100 deductible when I have to kick out another $200 for the phone. With the screen protector, I can hold it together until the release date.

Or you can buy a replacement screen, open up the phone, and replace it yourself. (Probably, I know it's relatively easy on some phones, but I never looked into doing it on the Evo.)

Reactions: jerseygirl