Verizon?

GillDroid

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am really liking this phone, but Sprint sucks in my area, and I am currently happily on Verizon. Any way it could work on Verizon?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no way an 'Evo' will ever be on Verizon. They may get their own variant of the OneX at some point but it will probably be labeled Droid/Thunderbolt/Razr, and it won't be the same phone as the 4GLTE since each carrier makes its own customizations and requests. I've heard the One S will appear as the Incredible 4G.

Reactions: GillDroid

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
There is no way an 'Evo' will ever be on Verizon. They may get their own variant of the OneX at some point but it will probably be labeled Droid/Thunderbolt/Razr, and it won't be the same phone as the 4GLTE since each carrier makes its own customizations and requests. I've heard the One S will appear as the Incredible 4G.

Beach_Head

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I believe the question was: "Will the EVO 4G LTE work on the Verizon network?" not: "Will the EVO 4G LTE be available on Verizon?"

mhpspeed

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Droid & Razr are trademarks of Motorola. So you can count those off the list of possible names for a phone made by HTC on Verizon.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Droid & Razr are trademarks of Motorola. So you can count those off the list of possible names for a phone made by HTC on Verizon.

Razr is the only name trademarked by Moto. Droid is used under license from LucasFilm by Verizon and there have been HTC phones that have carried the "Droid" name. See HTC Droid Eris, HTC Droid Incredible.

To answer the OP's question, I'm gonna guess a big fat NO. First, the LTE radios are different. Verizon's LTE runs in the 700 Mhz spectrum, while Sprint's will be in the 1900 Mhz Spectrum for the time being. Also, the HD Voice is a new Sprint technology based off of the upgrades they are doing to their 3G network. That would be incompatible with Verizon's network.

The CDMA/3G radio could possibly roam off of Verizon's network as do their current phones. On a different note, how cool would it be if Sprint and Verizon entered an LTE Roaming agreement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol