I know that the info based on HTC's site states can take up to a 32 gig micro sd card, but does anyone know or think the HTC 4g lte will be able to take a 64 gig card? I was wanting to go ahea and get a card soon and have it ready as soon as I get my hands on this phone, but didn't want to run into any problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-14-2012 06:53 AM
    Don't know about the Evo 4G LTE, but I have read about people who have used them in their Evo 4G's and Evo 3D's with no problem. The spec says up to 32Gb, but if other user claims are right, this should do the same thing.

The question is, will it void the warranty if I put in a 64GB card...
    04-14-2012 10:21 AM
    Yes and no :P

The official specs say 32GB, but there's a good chance the 64GB cards will work, 'cause they do on most Android devices. (I've used one in a couple LG phones, an EVO 4G, and Transformer Prime, but it DID NOT work in my Vibrant or Galaxy S II)

You just have to format them in the device itself, and in my case, take them out and use a card reader for the computer to see them.
    04-14-2012 02:28 PM
    I have a 64GB card in my Evo 3D now and love it! Not a lick of problems. The key is to put it in your phone first and format it and then you should be good to go.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    04-14-2012 06:10 PM
    So since these cards are kinda new, there is no rooting necessary? You should just be able to put it in and format it within the phone, correct? And the Sandisk micro sdXc should work correct?
    04-14-2012 08:43 PM
    So since these cards are kinda new, there is no rooting necessary? You should just be able to put it in and format it within the phone, correct? And the Sandisk micro sdXc should work correct?
    Nothing is guaranteed. It is very possible that they will not work in the Evo LTE. It's impossible to know right now. All any of us have to go on is experience in dealing with previous HTC products. Its a risk you are going to have to take... or not take.
    04-14-2012 10:33 PM
    I'm using a 64gig in my Galaxy SII with no problems, I don't see why it wouldn't work in the new Evo
    04-14-2012 11:45 PM
    SDHC officially only supports up to 32GB. SDXC was created to overcome that limit and supports up to 2TB.

If HTC only lists up to 32GB support for the micro SD, they probably did not make it with SDXC compatibility in mind, so whether or not a 64GB card will work will be a crapshoot.
    04-16-2012 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD