All that rooty goodness

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
When the E4GLTE comes out I would like to be prepared to root, as I am somewhat new to android (well atleast the rooting/fancy stuff atleast), I was wondering how should I go about rooting and things. I understand they have the tips and helps section but Im trying to be more specific.

The main thing I want is a different OS. I think the sexiest version of ICS is the stock version on the Nexus and I would rather have that than Sense 4.0, just wondering how could I do it. I try to keep up with this hackery stuff but it seems a lot more complicated than jailbreaking my iPod or homebrewing my old pre (ahhh the good days... well).

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
1. You'll need to unlock the bootloader. Easy to do with HTCDev.
2. You'll need a custom ROM. That'll take time.
3. If you ONLY need root, chances are that'll be accomplished very quickly (if not before the retail release).
4. (And you knew I was gonna say it) Give Sense a chance. It might surprise you. (And remember that root access and custom ROMs are two different things.)

Reactions: captaintoad1

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
3. If you ONLY need root, chances are that'll be accomplished very quickly (if not before the retail release).
4. (And you knew I was gonna say it) Give Sense a chance. It might surprise you. (And remember that root access and custom ROMs are two different things.)

Thanks, I'll see what happens. And lol, sure thing, I'll give it a try.

Btw, I love how you respond to alot of the threads and interact with us. The guys from Precentral didnt do it nearly as much as yall. Keep up the good work.

swaze

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site

#2, #3 are already under way. A leak of the EVO 4G LTE RUU was dropped yesterday so root and custom ROM are coming shortly.