at&t white one x vs sprint lte

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Roaming minutes are included, so if you are on an everything data 450 plan, it just counts against the 450. There is also allowed off network roaming allowance for data, so it's free to a point.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: noahsmum1

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to call again and double check tomorrow. She quoted some pretty high rates for going off Sprints network. Like I said, I was all set to switch, but I need to be sure I'm not going to pay an arm & a leg for my phone in VT.

I've spent time in VT, NH, ME, heck all of the Northeast states with no issues.

Perhaps they thought you meant international roaming, that DOES cost an arm and a leg. That's why I mentioned Canada, if you roam onto a Canadian network...

Last edited:
Reactions: noahsmum1

noahsmum1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've spent time in VT, NH, ME, heck all of the Northeast states with no issues.

Perhaps they thought you meant international roaming, that DOES cost an arm and a leg. That's why I mentioned Canada, if you roam onto a Canadian network...

I called again today and I got different info. I don't know what the other rep was talking about, but she was quoting some outrageous fees! I'm just glad I posted here before I renewed with AT&T!

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from at&t. I'm of course going to stay with Sprint, but I wanted to check out the size and screen of the OneX. Without doubt the phone design is beautiful and the reviews were right, that phone is SCARY light. It feels lighter than half a deck of cards, and it?s huge. I?m still taken back about how light the phone feels, and that was with the little security device on the back. The screen is gorgeous and is the nicest screen I?ve seen on any phone. It looks and seems like the OneX is all screen and no bezel. lol

HTC did an awesome job with the design and screen on this one. Couple that with the awesome battery life everybody has been talking about, this phone is a killer.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how a screen protector is going to fit on the One X. I think they'll fit better on the EVOLTE. Also I had a real hard time getting used to holding the OG EVO as to not accidentally hit the screen or the buttons. Putting a case on it helped with that. I'm going to go caseless for a while so I can show off the beauty of it.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any HTC I've owned and never had a scratched screen. I've also never used a case other than a sleeve/pouch as I carry my phone in my pocket. I hate to have anything covering my phone when I'm using it.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
16GB is manageable. People have done it for years with the iPhone. The EVO started out with 8GB. So... I'm not sure how our usage patterns have really changed that much. That said. It is a big factor because it's twice as much space. However I'm not sure the battery size will matter much.

Here's what will matter. AT&T has fallback to HSPA+. Sprint does not. This is the number one reason why I'm going from Sprint to AT&T. Number two is the savings from a family plan. Number three is the phone design.

I mean no offense, but people who say it's a personal preference or that they like the EVO 4G LTE design...I think they're just saying that to convince themselves it looks good. At heart, no one thinks that's a good looking phone. That was my first reaction too. Not that "oh it's slightly different and black with a kickstand, cool." No, it was "WTF?! That's ugly. Let me take a second look to ensure it really is as ugly as I think." It was. It is. Sorry. But I was willing to simply put a case on it and deal.

I enjoyed Sprint for years, but I just don't think they'll have the success of the original EVO with this one. Their 4G network is in a REALLY bad place. For most folks, by the time LTE is in their area, the new generation of phones will be out. So this really leaves most people with buying a phone with a feature that they can't use. ... and I'm not even talking about being in a rural area... I'm in the San Francisco area! AT&T at the beginning of the year rolled out LTE now to NYC, San Francisco area, and parts of Texas like Austin. Being a tech person...Guess where I spend all my time? One of those 3 places. So it's utterly embarrassing that Sprint won't have 4G in all of those areas for at least another year. Note that I didn't go with AT&T in the past because Sprint WAS better in these areas. No more. The networks have shifted around and that should be a very big factor in your decision. If I was in Dallas I might stay with Sprint to be honest.

So you're trading looks and 4G over 16GB and a tiny bit bigger battery. I don't know, I just couldn't give up the 4G. I actually never used the 4G much on my EVO because of the battery...When I did, it was so fast. Night and day. So I'm really looking forward to using 4G without ANY worry.

Tom why is lte and hspa fallback
On at&t important for you when you stated you don't use that much data to begin with?
That don't make sense? speeds = more data usage. I personally went from less than 1 GB per month on 3G only(blackberry) to almost 20GB with 4g evo.

Having truly unlimited data is a bigger deal than you will realize.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not an ugly phone. I don't know why people are so bent out of shape about it. The form factor is glorious, but the design itself is also phenomenal. The red and black look is sharp. Kickstand provides a great red accent and the two tone black isn't anything anyone needs to worry about. It's unforgettable once you've had it in your hands.

I'm confident it will outsell the original evo.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: eden922

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I mean no offense, but people who say it's a personal preference or that they like the EVO 4G LTE design...I think they're just saying that to convince themselves it looks good. At heart, no one thinks that's a good looking phone. That was my first reaction too. Not that "oh it's slightly different and black with a kickstand, cool." No, it was "WTF?! That's ugly. Let me take a second look to ensure it really is as ugly as I think." It was. It is. Sorry. But I was willing to simply put a case on it and deal.

I enjoyed Sprint for years, but I just don't think they'll have the success of the original EVO with this one..

i couldn't of said it any better....

No way will it even come close to the success of the Original EVO....

In 2010, Android was still in its infancy & when Evo was released, there was NOTHING like it, from running Froyo, to 4.3 inch screen, to a phone with a front facing camera, hell, most phones didn't even have a flash back then and 8 GB sd card, that thing was a MONSTER and truly innovative "back in the day"... Plus the timing is way off. They should've given wayyyy advanced notice that this phone was coming out a few months back ago so people coming off OgEVO would've just been able to trasition from old to new. I know many Og EVO owners who went with a diff phone and when i said why didn't you wait for this one they said they didn't even know about it....

These days the market is completely oversaturated, it'd take a lot more than a camera button, removable SD card and a kickstand to "outsell Og EVO".... Plus i think they sullied the name of EVO with their Evo Shift, Evo 3D, Evo Design...those were all SUB Par phones imo, so i don't see from a marketing standpoint HOW they expect to "suddenly" have the world take notice just by adding EVO to its moniker....

I watched the "Designing Of The Evo 4g LTE" video and when it was over i had ONE Question: "Y'all went to over 100 sources to to design this phone, and THIS is what you came up with?!" Its ABSOLUTELY horrid in that color combination, the white would make all the difference in the world, but sadly i can't wait to find out if they will have a white one, and i would probably "go slowly insane" if i bought the black one and the white one THEN came out.

A case isn't really the answer, if you are like me and love a phone running around town "the way nature intended it to be" (UNcased and UNscreenshielded : )", then y'all know what i'm talking about. Plus, if the rumors are true about the antenna being in that "half cover", replaceable covers might not be available, and a case might somehow muffle the already weak signal from Sprint....

I'm truly bummed because i actually am already with AT&T but i was going to have a friend of mine add me to her acct to get the Evo. This woulda meant HUGE savings for the phone (as i'm not due for an upgrade on ATT so we're talking FULL PRICE) and also monthly savings of about 60 bucks a month.... BUT i have driven myself half crazy to decide if i can live with that dull grey front and hideous back UNTIL someone develops a case and after reading the above post i am replying to, i don't think i can. A camera button and a removable sd card is not going to comfort me everytime i see a White One X, or being an early adapter IF the white model of this phone comes out...

(i'll say it for you, "its JUST a phone color, get over it..." WELL, i can't! why, G*d, why?! Why oh why was i cursed with this decision?!(fist pounding table) why couldn't they have had BOTH white & black available upon release? WHY must i be tortured this way....lol :-$)

BTC

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Plus, if the rumors are true about the antenna being in that "half cover", replaceable covers might not be available, and a case might somehow muffle the already weak signal from Sprint....

Can't argue with most of what you've said since it is your opinion, but I can address this issue. Yes, there are antenna's in the cover on the back. I've heard that other phones have had this an does not preclude third party covers.

However, your intimation that having the antennas in the cover and putting a case will degrade signal strength is silly. What difference would it make putting a case on the phone if the antennas were internal to the phone, on the cover, or wherever? Not trying to change your mind on anything, you're entitled to your opinion, but just wanted to point out that antenna in the cover makes no difference at all to signal strength.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from at&t. I'm of course going to stay with Sprint, but I wanted to check out the size and screen of the OneX. Without doubt the phone design is beautiful and the reviews were right, that phone is SCARY light. It feels lighter than half a deck of cards, and it?s huge. I?m still taken back about how light the phone feels, and that was with the little security device on the back. The screen is gorgeous and is the nicest screen I?ve seen on any phone. It looks and seems like the OneX is all screen and no bezel. lol

HTC did an awesome job with the design and screen on this one. Couple that with the awesome battery life everybody has been talking about, this phone is a killer.

+1
I did the same and thought it was by far the nicest design I have seen. Would love to have that white One X . Would not love to pay AT&T each month.

Reactions: crzycrkr

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

In 2010, Android was still in its infancy & when Evo was released, there was NOTHING like it, from running Froyo, to 4.3 inch screen, to a phone with a front facing camera, hell, most phones didn't even have a flash back then and 8 GB sd card, that thing was a MONSTER and truly innovative "back in the day"... Plus the timing is way off. They should've given wayyyy advanced notice that this phone was coming out a few months back ago so people coming off OgEVO would've just been able to trasition from old to new. I know many Og EVO owners who went with a diff phone and when i said why didn't you wait for this one they said they didn't even know about it....

These days the market is completely oversaturated, it'd take a lot more than a camera button, removable SD card and a kickstand to "outsell Og EVO".... Plus i think they sullied the name of EVO with their Evo Shift, Evo 3D, Evo Design...those were all SUB Par phones imo, so i don't see from a marketing standpoint HOW they expect to "suddenly" have the world take notice just by adding EVO to its moniker....

I watched the "Designing Of The Evo 4g LTE" video and when it was over i had ONE Question: "Y'all went to over 100 sources to to design this phone, and THIS is what you came up with?!" Its ABSOLUTELY horrid in that color combination, the white would make all the difference in the world, but sadly i can't wait to find out if they will have a white one, and i would probably "go slowly insane" if i bought the black one and the white one THEN came out.

A case isn't really the answer, if you are like me and love a phone running around town "the way nature intended it to be" (UNcased and UNscreenshielded : )", then y'all know what i'm talking about. Plus, if the rumors are true about the antenna being in that "half cover", replaceable covers might not be available, and a case might somehow muffle the already weak signal from Sprint....

I'm truly bummed because i actually am already with AT&T but i was going to have a friend of mine add me to her acct to get the Evo. This woulda meant HUGE savings for the phone (as i'm not due for an upgrade on ATT so we're talking FULL PRICE) and also monthly savings of about 60 bucks a month.... BUT i have driven myself half crazy to decide if i can live with that dull grey front and hideous back UNTIL someone develops a case and after reading the above post i am replying to, i don't think i can. A camera button and a removable sd card is not going to comfort me everytime i see a White One X, or being an early adapter IF the white model of this phone comes out...

(i'll say it for you, "its JUST a phone color, get over it..." WELL, i can't! why, G*d, why?! Why oh why was i cursed with this decision?!(fist pounding table) why couldn't they have had BOTH white & black available upon release? WHY must i be tortured this way....lol :-$)

BTC

You do realize that your life will not change in any substantial way shortly after activation of a new phone, be it a white One X, a new EVO or any other current smartphone? As you said, it is a phone. Somehow for many years we all survived and got along just fine in life without these things in our grip 24/7...

Pick a phone. Go get some work done. Move on to more important things in life. It's short, anyway.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You do realize that your life will not change in any substantial way shortly after activation of a new phone, be it a white One X, a new EVO or any other current smartphone? As you said, it is a phone. Somehow for many years we all survived and got along just fine in life without these things in our grip 24/7...

Pick a phone. Go get some work done. Move on to more important things in life. It's short, anyway.

yeah, i feel often time we are too consumed w/ these phones. i am guilty of this too. spending countless hours reading about the next great phone and then get mad if it's not coming out on time. the cycles never end. sometimes i wish we go back to the dumb phones, or better yet pagers days. haha. o well, time to get back and read more about the evo lte. jk...kind of.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site

BTC

It does make you wonder... lollll They had all of these designers and sources and this was the final product? lol

Did not one person say, "Hey! Let's keep the sleek OneX design but add an EVO color scheme". lol

Theres no way I would jump ship to at&t just for a phone when my monthly with unlimited is much less with Sprint, but dangggg. My g/f has the at&t onex, and I also run around uncased and unsceenprotected and couldn't stand laying the ELTE beside her perfected OneX.

Simply adding a case isn't the answer, the design is just horrible. I would also go insane if I purchased the ugly black one and they came out with a sleeker white one, so I'm going to wait. Which is new for me, I purchased the Evo4G and 3D on day one, but I'm going to wait on this one.

Reactions: crzycrkr

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Hiya Mitch!

Of course i realize it, which is why i poked fun at myself in the last paragraph, but that little fact alone cannot keep me from obsessing over it, (you mean this isn't the "Cell Phone Addicts Anonymous?" I musta turned into the wrong room...lol)

But bottom line is that design is just bad all the way around, and the only people who don't agree are people who, "have a life & that actually use their phone as a "(OMG!!) "phone"...:eek:

Get work done? who's side are you on? lol

BTC

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hiya Mitch!

Of course i realize it, which is why i poked fun at myself in the last paragraph, but that little fact alone cannot keep me from obsessing over it, (you mean this isn't the "Cell Phone Addicts Anonymous?" I musta turned into the wrong room...lol)

But bottom line is that design is just bad all the way around, and the only people who don't agree are people who, "have a life & that actually use their phone as a "(OMG!!) "phone"...:eek:

Get work done? who's side are you on? lol

BTC

LOL
Yep, we're all guilty. (I actually kind of dig the new EVO)
:)

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It does make you wonder... lollll They had all of these designers and sources and this was the final product? lol

Did not one person say, "Hey! Let's keep the sleek OneX design but add an EVO color scheme". lol

yup, yup... yanno, i'll bet the people attending THAT meeting were the same ones who designed the HTC Sensation. Did you ever see the back of THAT phone? Two doors, ONE tiny one for Micro SD card that was impossible to get off unless you were willing to practically break your phone. They finally acknowledge it was too difficult to pry off, so what'd they do? They started sending the them "unattached" just like the battery door....<Shakin head> Ya gotta wonder, HOW, WHY, WTF?!

Now back to white phone. The more i look at pics of the concept white one and the HTC One X, the more i doubt i'll be able to "live with" the black one. I wish they had AT LEAST not painted the kickstand red, like in this still off of the "Designing HTC EVO 4G" video....It would've matched the aluminum sides and been really sharp looking, even with the two tone....

And even tho its "just a phone, just a color", blah, blah, blah, but to me, if it isn't "visually amazing", it could have 8 cores, i wouldn't give it a tumble - (ie Galaxy Nexus, case in point) (ugh) :p

EvoFixed2.png

BTC

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I really all alone on this one? I went to the ATT store on Monday and looked at the HTC One X. The screen is awesome. The color fidelity and sharpness of the camera was fabulous. (Oh how it needs a shutter button!) But the white color? It looked like a used bar of Ivory soap. And then the whole front bezel was black. You talk about two tone! I much prefer the black and red design of the EVO 4G LTE.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It's all preference to be honest. I love the white one x. I always have used black(vivid) grey(g2) and cyan(lumia). It was time for me to get a white phone and I love the look. Good thing we have options though. Each person has their likes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AnnDroid

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
It's all preference to be honest. I love the white one x. I always have used black(vivid) grey(g2) and cyan(lumia). It was time for me to get a white phone and I love the look. Good thing we have options though. Each person has their likes.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. It just seems like each person is adamant about expressing their dislikes more than their likes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech