Car Dock for the new evo

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I missed this but did sprint show off the new car dock for this phone? I saw the video for the one for the one x but not sprints version.

I looks around for this but could not see it.

Anyone have any new info on this?

Thanks in advance.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
No info as of yet. THe Sprint design omits the contacts on the outside of the phone, so it will have to be a plug in type

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess I just need to wait till the phone is released. Im can use my gold upgrade till aug so I have time to see how this phone will turn out.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I can only assume it will be just like the car dock for the Evo 3D which I have and do like a lot. The connectors would have been really nice though

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
From what I saw it doesn't look like the One X uses the exposed pin connectors for it's car dock. Looked like it plugs into the USB as you slide it into the dock. If I'm correct there's no reason that the EVO 4G LTE couldn't do the same.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The One X car dock that they showed does just have a regular connector. Not quite sure why though. What's the point of those contacts if you're not going g to use them. Maybe it will be changed before release. The media dock does use the contacts

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The One X car dock that they showed does just have a regular connector. Not quite sure why though. What's the point of those contacts if you're not going g to use them. Maybe it will be changed before release. The media dock does use the contacts

Some people already have the car dock in Europe and it doesn't use the contacts. Maybe the US one will or maybe they're only for desktop docks? Who knows but it doesn't matter to the Sprint version since it doesn't have the contacts anyway.

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
If I can remember correctly the nexus one only used it for the dock not the car dock. I'm a wishful thinker so hoping that the evo 4g lte will be able to be docked and charged through the metal back. Haha we can only wish

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If I can remember correctly the nexus one only used it for the dock not the car dock. I'm a wishful thinker so hoping that the evo 4g lte will be able to be docked and charged through the metal back. Haha we can only wish

Yeah, I can't believe 3 years after the Pre we still don't have inductive charging. I really miss my touchstones.

Reactions: franky_402
Apr 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm pretty sure the Nexus One dock uses the three pin connection. I'll have to check when I head out to my car for lunch. It works really well. With the Evo 4G LTE not having the connectors at all any dock made that wants to connect to the phone will need to use the usb port, which is fine as long as the car dock has that feature. The crappy car dock available for the Galaxy Nexus is pretty much the only reason I didn't run out and buy it no questions ask before I saw the info on the Evo 4G LTE/One X.

I'm really hoping that the car dock does use the USB. I'll be a little annoyed if I wait for it and it doesn't, when I can go to AT&T today and buy a One X.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Nexus One dock uses the three pin connection. I'll have to check when I head out to my car for lunch. It works really well. With the Evo 4G LTE not having the connectors at all any dock made that wants to connect to the phone will need to use the usb port, which is fine as long as the car dock has that feature. The crappy car dock available for the Galaxy Nexus is pretty much the only reason I didn't run out and buy it no questions ask before I saw the info on the Evo 4G LTE/One X.

I'm really hoping that the car dock does use the USB. I'll be a little annoyed if I wait for it and it doesn't, when I can go to AT&T today and buy a One X.

iGrip made the car for the Evo 3D and it works great. I cant them not having one for the Evo 4G LTE

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the USB port is in the same spot on the EVO as it is the One X? The One X is only 1mm wider than the EVO, so in the case of the EVO not getting a good car dock we could potentially use the One X's dock.

Oh, and from my previous post. The Nexus One definitely uses the pins on the car dock.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the AT&T one x car dock from AT&T, thinking it would include the bluetooth audio dongle that was discussed in the various MWC videos. After more research and some unboxing videos I found, it apparently does not include it, and it's a separate accessory that is not available yet. I'm going to return it to my local AT&T store once I get it, but I'll test it first to see if it fits the E4GLTE.

From what I can tell, the car dock that's currently available for the one X does not have or use the pins on the one X. Instead there's an integrated wire clipped to the dock for the usb port. In one of the MWC videos, the HTC rep does mention that the pin dock will be coming later and a regular dock will be available at launch.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
iGrip made the car for the Evo 3D and it works great. I cant them not having one for the Evo 4G LTE

that iGrip dock for the EVO 3D sucks balls.....
My girlfriend bought one thinking it would work as well as my HTC car dock and it's just nowhere near as good as the HTC dock..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1