Release Date

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
That's not too far off which is great. Unfortunately it's also 3 days before my wife's birthday. Better start saving up since I'm gonna be broke by the end of May!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
"may 22nd" as per sprint sales rep at sprint store

A Tuesday release isnt consist with anything Sprint has ever done. May 18th sounds more reasonable. Friday releases are more common for a major device such as this. Sundays are for the lesser popular devices. If anything I'd go with the May 18th date.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a whole month from presales date to phone release is garbage! Really Sprint?!?

Don't have the data to back up but have other phones had that much of a lag from presales to release?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a whole month from presales date to phone release is garbage! Really Sprint?!?

Don't have the data to back up but have other phones had that much of a lag from presales to release?

Absolutely. Think of the OG EVO or the 3D. And how long ago did AT&T announce they were getting the One X? A month isn't that big of a deal to the carriers, I think. Especially for high-end flagship devices. They want to build up the anticipation and get as much juice out of it as they can. If they just announced, pre-sold and launched in a matter of weeks we would all love it, but then every tech site out there wouldn't spend as much time on it, what with all of the articles on the specs, late night polls (thanks, Jerry) and forums about the device and leaked launch dates. Hell, look at these forums! It's crazy here.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They have to announce the release date prior to May 7th, don't they? You don't really think they would be dumb enough to start accepting pre-orders without an announced release date could they?!?

I certainly wouldn't plunk down $200 (well $400 for mine and my wife's phone) for a phone that might not be here for months and months... I know "months and months..." is being overly dramatic but I am taking lessons from my 13 year old daughter. :p

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They have to announce the release date prior to May 7th, don't they? You don't really think they would be dumb enough to start accepting pre-orders without an announced release date could they?!?

I certainly wouldn't plunk down $200 (well $400 for mine and my wife's phone) for a phone that might not be here for months and months... I know "months and months..." is being overly dramatic but I am taking lessons from my 13 year old daughter. :p

I heard from a rep...

The pre-sale was just a $50 deposit.

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow, never looked at S4GRU, but saw the comment from the author of that article where he said "I'm sorry if people cannot grasp what I clearly communicate."

Yeaaaaah, I won't be signing up for S4GRU any time soon, if that's how their writers are. Jeez.

Back on topic, I'll actually be happy if the release date is 10 June and not 18 May, since I'll be on vacation 18 May and unable to get the phone. But at this point, who knows when it's really coming.

/Kevin

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree with the June release date, most phones are released 1 week or so after the pre orders, look at the past Sprint Flagship phones, the Nexus S, the original Evo...they were all released a week or so after the pre sales. So I have to agree with the 18th of May being the date.:D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Guy at sprint store Monday told me may. He said may 7. Since pre orders are already going I would think may is a safe bet.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta