I Just Pre Ordered my HTC EVO 4g LTE

jbozak

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered mine as well. Upgrading from my evo 4g, w/ synergy ROM, which has been my bread and butter for 2 years. Passing it on to my wife so she can stop complaining about the Optimus S.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. I want to put in a preorder on the EVO, but the thing is I'd be switching from AT&T to Sprint, so I have to order a service plan as well. My number will also eventually have to be ported over. I'm worried that pre-ordering the EVO is somehow going to screw up my current service with AT&T. Do I have cause for concern?

Kurt85

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I had to cancel my wirefly order because I will be switching the phone to a different line on my account. I'm ready to pre-order from sprint, I just want to make sure that will be ok to do without getting big fees from Sprint. Anyone know?

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Weird, mine is also back to the backorder message. Maybe they spilled the beans too soon?

Just got off the phone with Sprint-
Woman said that is the correct message- but it is still scheduled to start shipping on the 15th- sounds like they didn't want the date out but slipped up and now changed the message back- she said after the 15th the status will re-update, but she clearly verified the 15th as the scheduled ship date-

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. I want to put in a preorder on the EVO, but the thing is I'd be switching from AT&T to Sprint, so I have to order a service plan as well. My number will also eventually have to be ported over. I'm worried that pre-ordering the EVO is somehow going to screw up my current service with AT&T. Do I have cause for concern?

I'm assuming that during the process it will ask you if you'll be porting over a number at some point. I don't think it would ever effect your current service until you had the new phone in your possession. Welcome to Sprint btw, this phone is going to be epic! I've been very happy with my service for the last two years.

jbozak

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
ok- so I checked my order status after I ordered this morning and saw the May 15th shipping message, but I just rechecked, and the status switched to this one:

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Anyone else seeing this?

Mine just switched to the same thing. An hour ago it said that my phone was waiting in a warehouse and would ship on the 15th.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So I had to cancel my wirefly order because I will be switching the phone to a different line on my account. I'm ready to pre-order from sprint, I just want to make sure that will be ok to do without getting big fees from Sprint. Anyone know?

Unless, they validated with Sprint before you cancelled, there shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure when you checkout with Sprint that it shows as an upgrade with the correct discounts.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone has been ordered...If Otterbox would release a case now...Mmmmmmm

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that during the process it will ask you if you'll be porting over a number at some point. I don't think it would ever effect your current service until you had the new phone in your possession. Welcome to Sprint btw, this phone is going to be epic! I've been very happy with my service for the last two years.

Haven't seen anything like that yet. Another question. I have a couple of old phones I'd like to sell back to Sprint to offset some of the cost. Do I have to do that online or can I do that in person in the store?

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen anything like that yet. Another question. I have a couple of old phones I'd like to sell back to Sprint to offset some of the cost. Do I have to do that online or can I do that in person in the store?

Suggest you just go to the store to pre-order then, they can answer all the questions and do any phone trade-ins if possible.

aldrydd

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I went to a Sprint store this morning in downtown DC, and the guy there said he knew nothing about a preorder. Wound up ordering online, but it seems not all stores are equal. Just FYI.

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered one today as well, but I did it off-contract as I didn't want to extend my commitment another 2 years. I currently use a GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile and have a EVO 3D on Sprint. I loved the original EVO but have never liked the EVO 3D and then when the iPhone killed Sprint's data network I tried T-Mobile with the Amaze and really liked it. Currently the Galaxy Nexus is my daily driver, but I figure if I'm going to keep my Sprint line for another year I might as well have a phone I like on the network.

I really wanted the HTC One X but have no interest in moving to AT&T (my wife has her iPhone on AT&T and it's terrible). The One S on T-Mobile has too many limitations (no NFC so no Google Wallet, which I use a lot, small amount of on-board storage and not expandable, lower resolution screen, non-replaceable battery) that don't make it a good replacement option for my Galaxy Nexus.

The EVO 4G LTE has the features from the One X I want (the screen, the improved camera) and some additions like the kick stand, the microSD slot and the physical camera shutter button that for me actually make it better. I'd be a lot more excited about my purchase if I thought I'd see some improved network performance (Sprint 3G here in Chicago has really become horrible over the last 12 months). Who knows, maybe I'll be surprised. I've heard they've been testing 4G LTE down in Kankakee, IL which isn't far from Chicago, so maybe we'll actually have it here in the city before the end of the year.

If the EVO 4G LTE sucks, then no worries, I can unload it on eBay and at that point I'd probably just pay the ETF for my remaining year on Sprint, I can't imagine there will be a better phone in the next year that would make it worthwhile staying on (no, the Samsung Galaxy III isn't an option for me). But I'm hoping the phone itself is good enough to convince me to live with Sprint's slow 3G coverage until LTE arrives.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Go to a corporate store and pre-order the phone. Do the buyback program with at least one old phone and get a $50 credit on your bill after a couple months.

Also, you don't have to port your number when pre-ordering. Just order a new line. When the phone comes in, call up Sprint and port your number then if you're worried.

offyello

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i'm guessing the first week of june, my buddy works at best buy here in oregon and told me they haven't even got the tester models in yet or the training for the phone, he guesstimates june 4th but you never know.

El Matador

May 22, 2011
Visit site
HTC EVO 4G LTE 1 2012-05-07
Status: Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

I ordered mine off sprint site at 8:15 and my status didn't say what urs said weird.....u think I missed the it.....?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz