Best Buy Preorders?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Physically went to my Best Buy in Watertown, NY. They have plenty of accessories for it, but they still do not know when the phone will be available......this is some B.S.

Guess I will have to try again tomorrow.

Soon to be sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

*UPDATE*

So I went back to my BB and showed them this particular thread on my OG EVO, then gave them my preorder agreement and.......BAM, that's all she wrote. They didn't contact me because one of the stupid CSRs listed my contact number wrong.

Got my new EVO LTE in hand as I type now and I'm glad I went back in there.:D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crs2265

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, I'm far eastcoast and my Bestbuy.com preorder (May 7) hasn't even shipped yet. So effin irritated seeing that ppl are able to preorder today and pick it up within 30 minutes, I even paid the $4.99 express shipping. NEVER AGAIN!!!

I'm in the same boat as you, i called BB today and they told me the 4.99 would be for 2nd day Air, putting the phone here Tuesday considering Monday is a holiday and that's if it got shipped today which they hoped would happen...

Good news, I just got a UPS notification, and the phone will be here tomorrow, and it was shipped Next Day Air Saver, im not getting my hopes up but based on the lack of knowledge these people have displayed, it's probable...

Reactions: TonyLibations

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you, i called BB today and they told me the 4.99 would be for 2nd day Air, putting the phone here Tuesday considering Monday is a holiday and that's if it got shipped today which they hoped would happen...

Good news, I just got a UPS notification, and the phone will be here tomorrow, and it was shipped Next Day Air Saver, im not getting my hopes up but based on the lack of knowledge these people have displayed, it's probable...

So you actually had a UPS tracking number emailed to you? Mind me asking what city you're in? I'm in Jacksonville.

Edit : just received my tracking number.

Last edited:

JCool525

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just picked my Evo up at Best Buy in Cedar Hill, Texas. I pre ordered on Monday so I'm good now...They took $50 off of my total price instead of giving me a gift card.

Last edited:

fubarsport

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a good one for you'll
Just call several BB in DENVER and most of the stores i called received them 2 told me that they couldn't sale them until Sprint puts out a release date. I told them to reread the memo from last night. Because they can sale the Pre Orders but not to the general public.
And yes one of the stores that i call "didn't" receive the phone was the one I pre ordered from

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a good one for you'll
Just call several BB in DENVER and most of the stores i called received them 2 told me that they couldn't sale them until Sprint puts out a release date. I told them to reread the memo from last night. Because they can sale the Pre Orders but not to the general public.
And yes one of the stores that i call "didn't" receive the phone was the one I pre ordered from

Their entire operation is a mess. The disconnect in communication is really frustrating and my only gripe at this point. I was never mad at any party (other than Apple) about the customs situation, but this is just terrible on BestBuy's part. On the brightside, atleast i didn't order from Amazon or Wirefly.

fubarsport

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little upset with Sprint/HTC not making sure that the product was on-hand before releasing the Phone common sense.
But at less haven't heard of any software problems
Enjoy your phones for those who have them

Last edited:

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Other than call the individual store is there any way to find out if a specific store has received the phone?

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok..... I'm at BB at the moment to pick up my EVO and they're telling me they can't find my EVO that was placed on hold. They better f'n find it!!!!!!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I swear ... Best Buy is a joke when it comes to communication ... I pre-ordered with zero down and they called today to have me pick up my phone ... I was there for 2 hrs while they figured out all the promos ... They were texting and calling other associates and managers and sups to find out what was what ... I walked out of there paying $9 (tax) on my phone clear .... I received $110 for my Evo 3D + $50 (upgrade discount) + $50GC (pre-order discount) ... I usually go through sprint and it takes me all of 10mins for the complete transaction, I will take paying $9 for a 2hr wait on any givin day.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This is f*****g BS!!! To begin with it took them 40 min to find my preordered phone and know they're telling me they're no longer giving me the 50 gift card for upgrading as advertised. Wtf!! Anyone else come across this problem with BB!??!?!?

jayhay312

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did you pre-order in the store w/ no money down? I went in tonight and pre-ordered. They told me I would receive an e-mail when its ready for pick up. I find it strange that I didn't get any sort of confirmation e-mail that I pre-ordered. Just curious what your experience was like.

xDIEGOx

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you pre-order in the store w/ no money down? I went in tonight and pre-ordered. They told me I would receive an e-mail when its ready for pick up. I find it strange that I didn't get any sort of confirmation e-mail that I pre-ordered. Just curious what your experience was like.

I went in yesterday to pre-order. I didn't put any money down. They said they will charge my card when I pick it up. I received an email confirmation within about 10 minutes after I pre-ordered the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC