Best Buy Preorders?

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from my BB in Culver City, CA, pre-ordered the new EVO, comes with a $50 gift card that can be used to purchase the phone and they buy back my evo first gen for $50 if it's in good shape so I'm really happy.

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah deposit is optional, the SR said I can put down $50 if I want to but it won't change anything priority wise. People like doing it so that when they come pick it up they have $50 less to pay, it's just psychological.

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
So I was going to do the pre-order at best buy, but decided to check out wirefly as well. They list the phone as $149 w/ the 2 year contract extension for eligible sprint customers. So this seems to be a better deal since I didn't purchase the wireless freedom plan. I would rather just save the $50 instead of paying $200 then getting $50 back that I'm forced to spend at an overpriced BB store. Am I missing something here?

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
+1 I too just came back from best buy. One thing though I thought off contract price was $509. The rep said $699. Can anyone confirm off contract price

BigKenW

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I just left Best Buy in Worcester, MA. There was signage all over the place. After talking with the guy, here is what the deal was. $50 down for a Best Buy gift card, you have to have an eligible line. I am not until May 18 so they put it against my Airave microcell. Upon pickup and activation you get a $50 BB gift card. I also have the Phone Freedom deal for $50 from Feb and I can apply it. I have all the paperwork and email confirmations by the time I got home for the preorder.

Oh and he said they expected the phone on May 18th.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

lizziebetha

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I was going to do the pre-order at best buy, but decided to check out wirefly as well. They list the phone as $149 w/ the 2 year contract extension for eligible sprint customers. So this seems to be a better deal since I didn't purchase the wireless freedom plan. I would rather just save the $50 instead of paying $200 then getting $50 back that I'm forced to spend at an overpriced BB store. Am I missing something here?

I did best buy even though i could've done wirefly. (If you have a bank of america add it up, you could get an extra $50 off) but i chose not to. I read somewhere that wirefly messed up someone's corporate discounts...so i chose to do BB instead since i have the 25% off my bill. just something to think about?

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint back when I got home from work today. Because you can upgrade 2 weeks before your upgrade date (June 1st for me), they are going to change the upgrade date on my account to May18th. She said that this change won't actually show until the 18th, but if I have any problems they will take care of it. Good job Sprint... :D

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So, i just ordered mine via BestBuy.com and opted for the Express Shipping (additional $4.99) and the email says i'll receive it between 05/09 and 05/10

"Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 05/09/2012 - 05/10/2012"

Though, i suppose that will change once it's processed. I'll keep you posted.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Strange so like I said above best buys selling the phone off contract for $699 but sprint is selling it for $549. Wonder if best buy will price match? My options are buy it off contract and pay it with my buy back which is $280 + cash or buy out my sprint contract for $140 and get the phone for $199. Need to find out the official price since I'm getting two different numbers

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
2 questions:
I'm in the middle of preordering on bestbuy.com and it's asking for credit card info, are they going to charge me the total amount now? Also, at no point did it ask what line I wanted to upgrade. I have 5 lines, three are eligible but not the one I want to upgrade. When it ships will I be able to activate it on the line that I want? Thanks

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I did best buy even though i could've done wirefly. (If you have a bank of america add it up, you could get an extra $50 off) but i chose not to. I read somewhere that wirefly messed up someone's corporate discounts...so i chose to do BB instead since i have the 25% off my bill. just something to think about?
Can you elaborate on the $50 with a B of A account. I don't know anything about that. Thanks.

lizziebetha

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you elaborate on the $50 with a B of A account. I don't know anything about that. Thanks.

Hi there, I did not go through with it but from my understanding, if you have a Bank of America debit/credit card, you must sign up for their add it up program online. From there, they have retailers that you order online from (direct links you must click on) and I believe they will credit you back later. It's much like a credit card rewards program (like cashbacks). I don't know if it works, but currently the offer is still there. It's under the cellular tab on the side. So if that is true, your phone would be about 100 +tax + activation fee. I just didn't want to mess up my corporate discounts on my phone. hope this helps!

andi22

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the pre-order yesterday @ BB. My net cost will be $49.99 plus tax. In store only, there is a 50/50 running through the beginning of June (I was not given specific date). This is $50 for trading in my existing EVO, and $50 off purchase of the new phone (4G LTE in my case). In addition, I will apply my Phone Freedom $50 gift card (BB promo, February 2012 - at the time, reserved a $50 gift card, knowing I'd be upgrading this month). I had one store tell me no, phone freedom did not apply. My closest BB DID, and I ordered yesterday. Had the BB Mobile sales lead staffer write details of each promo on my confirmation page, and sign, and have his business card. If I'm given any issue, believe me, I'm going to walk out with this phone for $49.99, or they can simply keep it :).

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, I did not go through with it but from my understanding, if you have a Bank of America debit/credit card, you must sign up for their add it up program online. From there, they have retailers that you order online from (direct links you must click on) and I believe they will credit you back later. It's much like a credit card rewards program (like cashbacks). I don't know if it works, but currently the offer is still there. It's under the cellular tab on the side. So if that is true, your phone would be about 100 +tax + activation fee. I just didn't want to mess up my corporate discounts on my phone. hope this helps!

I checked BofA's Add it Up and they don't have the $50 offer anymore for BB Wireless. They do for Wirefly though. I just pre-ordered my through BB since I had some gift cards.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Preordered mines using one of my wife's lines last night at Best Buy. Was ready to give them $50 but they said I didn't need a deposit and gave me a reservation sheet. They didn't mention a release date bit said they will call me when the EVO is in their store. Also uprooted my OG EVO back to stock last night so I can get the 50/50 deal and only pay $100. Now its time to shop for a case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay