Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered at Best Buy. My paperwork states a 5/18 arrival date so I would guess that 5/18 is the official release date... That would also go along with the 5/15 ship dates you're seeing.

Jeremy

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
My status changed too. According to Sprint...

This message in regards to May 15 was a glitch and was not the correct status. The backorder status is the standard order status for pre-orders.

At this time we currently do not have a release date for the device, during the order process there was a message in regards to keeping the launch date under wraps a little while longer. We will send you a notification upon announcement of the release date. We will not know until the announcement of the release date.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC Wuff

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I ordered mine off the phone, and the woman (she didn't know what she was talking about) said I will receive it this thursday. I was excited, now I am skeptical of her information. UGH I am happy to have this phone, but I hate being lied to.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
My message just changed back to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. The launch date for this handset will be announced in the next few days, thank you for your patience. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My message just changed back to:

Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. The launch date for this handset will be announced in the next few days, thank you for your patience. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

Yea I did my pre order this morning and completed by 8:06 am cst an it said shipping by the 15th. Later on today I checked it and back ordered. Checked it again and got the above. Question is if they have them in stock, then not release the date. Is it trying to fill pre orders or are they making sure the Evo shortage doesnt happen again?

rpmorri#CB

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Did they change the description on the order as well? I've got no status message and the description reads "HTC X325C BAR PHONE", although the product ID is the same. Anyone else have this? Preordered @ 8:04CST this morning.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did they change the description on the order as well? I've got no status message and the description reads "HTC X325C BAR PHONE", although the product ID is the same. Anyone else have this? Preordered @ 8:04CST this morning.

Just checked mine and it still says "HTC EVO 4G LTE", perhaps you got the one with the golden ticket inside! ;-)

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I called and was told the preorder was online only...I called back thinking maybe the lady didn't know what she was talking about, and the next guy told me the same thing lol

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

snobum

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I called and was told the preorder was online only...I called back thinking maybe the lady didn't know what she was talking about, and the next guy told me the same thing lol

That's odd. I had no problems ordering over the phone. I had to call because I bought the 3D last year, returned it, and they never reset my upgrade date. They originally were going to charge me $12 for shipping but waived it since I couldn't order online.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

I tried to order online 30 minutes after it opened and it said I couldn't because I had an old plan. The rep said that I could order online and couldn't over the phone. I tried again online and it worked! I first got the backorder message, then the 15th message, I now have the release date message.

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that the phone will still ship on May 15th, but that Sprint wanted to announce the launch date at CTIA (which starts today in New Orleans) so they pulled the message. The EVO 4G and 3D were both announced at CTIA events.

daemon#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?

LTE problems mean jack to me, and probably quite a few people. I'm far enough in the boonies that I haven't seen WiMax 4g on my OG EVO, nor do I expect to see LTE 4g at any point in the foreseeable future in my near area.

As long as 3G works I couldn't care less.

FWIW, the email I got was that release date is not announced yet, but an email will be sent as soon as it ships, and thats what the guy in chat told me as well.

JNR080604

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Mine says the same. "HTC X325C BAR PHONE" I ordered mine over the phone and the lady said I would get email confirmation and I didnt and she also said it may say backordered in the status but said not to worry it will say that because it is a preorder. How come we have no status or anything?

JNR080604

May 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I had no problems ordering over the phone. I had to call because I bought the 3D last year, returned it, and they never reset my upgrade date. They originally were going to charge me $12 for shipping but waived it since I couldn't order online.

Same here. Ordered over the phone, shipping fee was
waived and she upgraded it to overnight shipping. My only problem is I didnt get no conformation email and my online order status has no status just says "HTC X325C BAR PHONE" and order date.

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Here is the message I see now.

Status: Thanks for pre-ordering a shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE, an email will be sent the second it ships. Delivery will begin within 1 to 3 business days starting May 18th. Thank you for your patience. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney