Confirmed 5/15 Shipping Date from Sprint.com Preorders

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Order status just updated, giving us a confirmed shipping date of 5/15!!!! Woot!

Status: Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. You may continue to track the status of your order on this web page. If you have questions, check out sprint.com/preorder for more info.

aldrydd

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just jumped on to post the same thing... I went from back-ordered to "Thanks for pre-ordering. A shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE is waiting for you in our warehouse. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships."

Sweet.

BigKenW

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint sales because I needed to have my eligibility date moved up due to a cracked Evo 3D screen. They told me the phone would ship on 5/16 for all pre-orders.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If that date is true, Sprint is even keeping stores in the dark. May 18 layouts were issued and no mention of the E4GLTE, plus seed devices have not hit stores. If it is dropping on the 18th, they need to get those seeds out.

olsonn

May 11, 2010
Visit site
To triple-confirm this (or whatever), here's a paste from my online text chat with Sprint:

"Thanks for pre-ordering a new HTC EVO 4G LTE. Our records show that your order is processing smoothly at the warehouse awaiting your item for shipment. Shipping starts May 15th and we will send you an email the second it ships to the email address we have on file. Delivery should occur within 1 to 3 business days thereafter. Please feel free to check back in 24 hours or visit Sprint | Check Your Order Status to follow the status of your order."

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well since they charged our credit cards already I was sure they had them in stock. Most reputable places don't charge you until they ship items. If they ship it on the 15th, I'll probably miss it as I'm leaving on a trip the next morning. Have to get them to leave it with the neighbor.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not so sure the 5/15 date is actually confirmed or not. Let me say I WANT it to be then and the two that I ordered say the same thing, but it says they "start" then. Technically they probably only have to ship one phone on the 15th to meet that goal.

I guess I still don't understand the waiting to announce an official date. Is it that they have 200,000 units sitting in a warehouse and they want to know how many are claimed on pre-orders before they decided how many to release to stores and retailers?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And so it begins :-(

My two phones that were showing a shipping date of 5/15, are now showing this:

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Maybe S4GRU has been right all along with the June 10th date. If true, this really ticks me off.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
And so it begins :-(

My two phones that were showing a shipping date of 5/15, are now showing this:

Maybe S4GRU has been right all along with the June 10th date. If true, this really ticks me off.

S4GRU just posted a new article regarding this...still looking like before May 18th is the date.

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Same here, but my order status never said anything about the 15th, it started out with this status

APX325CKT HTC EVO 4G LTE 1 2012-05-07
Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status.

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The web status of my order also had the May 15th date this morning, but I now get the following:

Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Is it possible that the May 15th message was programmed in before the LTE problems were discovered, and that they've replaced it with the backorder message? Or did my order get in too late and the first round of phones are already spoken for (I ordered within 20 minutes of the phone being available)?

Does anyone still have the May 15th message in their order status?

mawilson82

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine still showing back ordered. That customer service chat came up and said this:

Mike: We'll do our best to get it to you on or before the national launch. During the
pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number.
Mike: I would recommend checking back in 24 hours for updates on shipment information.
Mike: You can check your order status at Sprint | Check Your Order Status. Once your order ships, your tracking information will be available here and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.

inuchan

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I got the same message and I ordered mine right when it opened. I better get it on the first shipment. Not like I waiting till now to buy it.