Can't charge the phone using the kickstand

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess my original EVO does portrait too!

No, it doesn't. The kickstand collapses when you try to set it in portrait mode. That is what I was saying with the kickstand on the 4G LTE being spring loaded to keep it from closing.

Or at least I should say neither mine nor my wife's kickstand supports the weight of our OG EVOs in portrait position.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No, it doesn't. The kickstand collapses when you try to set it in portrait mode. That is what I was saying with the kickstand on the 4G LTE being spring loaded to keep it from closing.

Or at least I should say neither mine nor my wife's kickstand supports the weight of our OG EVOs in portrait position.

The Thunderbolt has a sturdy kickstand that does portrait mode well. Stands up taller than this will.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

I just tried my original EVO and it stood up just fine in portrait. Just never thought about using it that way. I like landscape with the charger and with the charger on the bottom the phone is stable. With the new EVO and the charger will be on the top which will cause problems with stability.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Woah...wait...3 ways? What's the 3rd?!?!?! I'm getting something I didn't even know about!!!

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

lol...on both sides of the phone in landscape. And in portrait:
htc-evo-4g-lte-hands-on-DSC_0714-rm-verge-1020_gallery_post.jpg

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just tried my original EVO and it stood up just fine in portrait. Just never thought about using it that way. I like landscape with the charger and with the charger on the bottom the phone is stable. With the new EVO and the charger will be on the top which will cause problems with stability.

umm you sure about that? The evo may balance in portrait, but it is not stable in any shape or form.

And the USB port is on the side, not on top.

Reactions: dancing-bass

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
umm you sure about that? The evo may balance in portrait, but it is not stable in any shape or form.

And the USB port is on the side, not on top.

Yes I'm sure. Why else would I say it. Do you need a photo to see?

When in landscape mode the charging port is on the top.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm sure. Why else would I say it. Do you need a photo to see?

When in landscape mode the charging port is on the top.

He meant your OG EVO, not the 4G LTE. If your OG EVO is in portrait mode on the kickstand the charging port would be at the top or the bottom, not the side.

When the OG EVO is in landscape on the kickstand, then the charging port is on the right (not top as mention).

I think there was just confusion over new EVO vs. old EVO.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Indeed.

So confused. lol

I think the proper take away here is the EvoLTE Kickstand is spring loaded...so it can hold more weight.

I don't think stability will be an issue.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
probably don't try to push the charger in WHILE its on the side...pick it up, plug it in and set it down.

No other force needs to really be applied at that point.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I was gonna say holy how much force do you need to pause a movie haha

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Of course you can't charge the phone with the kickstand! You have to use the charging cable! ;) :p

If it's anything like the Thunderbolt kickstand when trying to use it charging port face up; when brand new and the tension is strong it would hold when touching the screen, but as the kickstand tension weakens over time from use, it may no longer hold and the phone falls on its back.

Anyway, I've never had a problem using the kickstand in landscape mode with the charging port face down with the cable plugged in. Just hang that part of the phone over the edge of the table or prop it on top of something (ex. box). Or use a dock, which is the real reason the phone was designed with the charging port on the side. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams