Accessories...Anyone purchase anything yet?

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I myself am looking for a screen protector/phone skin (Any recommendations?) And a case, Otterbox most likely (and yes I still want a complete phone skin)...Gonna do the Media Link too at some point!!! Any of you find/buy anything yet?

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I bought was a 32gb card. I'll wait for Steinheil to put out a screen protector and I'll wait and see what comes out for docks.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This steinheil you speak of, that the new and improved "best protector out there"? I had XO's and the other one too, cant remember the name of it though. Never had an issue with any of them but that was like 2 years ago now...

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Bought a media link ($90) and car dock ($60) from AT&T for the one x since sprint does not have any of the htc accessories available to order yet. I'm thinking that I'll return one or both if the sprint accessories come out within the AT&T return period. I really just bought the car dock for the Bluetooth dongle, since it won't fit the e4glte.

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Zagg, had a Zagg before...I always put on a screen, skin, and then Otterbox, might actually do an active case from seidio if they come out with them before Otterbox...Time shall tell

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I recently added a 32 to my EVO...Might need a new one anyways, think I got the wrong class :-( videos get choppy...Gotta treat the new EVO right :)

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This steinheil you speak of, that the new and improved "best protector out there"? I had XO's and the other one too, cant remember the name of it though. Never had an issue with any of them but that was like 2 years ago now...

I use the Ultra Crystal ones. Didn't like the anti-glare ones. I think the new UO one is like the anti-glare.

They do have the One X ones on their site so it shouldn't be too long before the EVOLTE ones are out. I did read on the One X ones that they cut them smaller than the screen because of the curved edges. That's going to look weird and probably cause issues with the edges catching on stuff.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Bought a media link ($90) and car dock ($60) from AT&T for the one x since sprint does not have any of the htc accessories available to order yet. I'm thinking that I'll return one or both if the sprint accessories come out within the AT&T return period. I really just bought the car dock for the Bluetooth dongle, since it won't fit the e4glte.

will the car dock even fit? the one x and the evo aren't really the exact same shape. plus the evo is missing the metal connector on the side that the one x has.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Zagg, had a Zagg before...I always put on a screen, skin, and then Otterbox, might actually do an active case from seidio if they come out with them before Otterbox...Time shall tell

seidio will have plenty of accessories for EVO 4G LTE ready at launch

Seidio

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
seidio will have plenty of accessories for EVO 4G LTE ready at launch

Seidio

So, the fact that your website still says "Coming Soon" for EVO 4G LTE and the One X is only in pre-order even though that lauched way earlier (international) and yesterday (at&t) isn't an indication that the EVO 4G LTE won't be available at launch?

It would actually be nice to have them available prior to lauch so that we can have them when we get our phones.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
@ Launch is unacceptable...PRIOR to launch would be better

Couldn't agree more with you. I want to take out my new phone and directly drop it in its new cover. Not risking it getting scratched :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Just got my shipping confirmation for the MediaLink HD, but I think I will be returning the car dock, since I think it does not come with the bluetooth audio dongle after looking at some unboxing videos. I was thinking it did after what they said at MWC. Oh well. The dongle is apparently a separate accessory called the HTC Car Stereo Clip.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got my shipping confirmation for the MediaLink HD, but I think I will be returning the car dock, since I think it does not come with the bluetooth audio dongle after looking at some unboxing videos. I was thinking it did after what they said at MWC. Oh well. The dongle is apparently a separate accessory called the HTC Car Stereo Clip.

U can find bluetooth to aux dongless pretty cheap. Monoprice has a pretty good one.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't agree more with you. I want to take out my new phone and directly drop it in its new cover. Not risking it getting scratched :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I see your "couldn't agree more" and raise you a "I couldn't agree even more".

These devices have had their specs completed months and months ago. Heck we saw the design video for the EVO 4G LTE back when it was announced. To me it seems redonkulous not to be able to have these ready a week prior to launch so people can have them in their hands when they receive their devices. But, we are at their mercy when it comes to stuff like this.

I was dead set on Seidio surface case and holster, but I may just have to go whatever gets to me before the device does. :-(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad