Wirefly: $119.99 (link inside)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just sent an order through but it immediately canceled at the "Carrier Approval" step.??? It just says they were unable to complete the order.

that happened to me also, just call them when they are open and they need to verify your account.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm this? I saw on a few other forums that they have not had this experience with Wirefly. I am planning to activate the new phone then switch them via Sprints website...how would Wirefly ever know?

It is confirmed if you click on the link below my post. Let me rephrase that. I have no knowledge of that personally happening to anyone, but when you make the final purchase you agree to this as well as Sprint's terms. I wouldn't test it, if it were me. And most representatives will tell you anything to make a sale. To each his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibleedbloo

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
It is confirmed if you click on the link below my post.

Thanks Sweetz. I saw your post and link but have seen conflicting reports on other websites. People on other websites have specifically said that they have ordered from Wirefly and have switched phones to other lines on their account and not incurred any penalty charges from Wirefly. I am curious if anyone else has similar experiences.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Sweetz. I saw your post and link but have seen conflicting reports on other websites. People on other websites have specifically said that they have ordered from Wirefly and have switched phones to other lines on their account and not incurred any penalty charges from Wirefly. I am curious if anyone else has similar experiences.

If you look up you will see after submitting that I editted my answer, slightly. I was thinking that was what you meant and it just isn't something I would personally test. I guess it's really at your discretion, since I make it a habit of trying to not listen to what a rep tells me even if they say..."I'm putting a note in your account right now." I worked for VZW once upon a time and I know the drill. (Which is also why I have never had them as my carrier.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I did see alot of complaints from people on ripoffreport.com for being charged $400 for making changes. (You know like people who either didn't read the fine print or went ahead and tested it anyway) You may want to check it out. You may want to check that site out. I hope that helps you be able to makea little more of an informed decision.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I did see alot of complaints from people on ripoffreport.com for being charged $400 for making changes. (You know like people who either didn't read the fine print or went ahead and tested it anyway) You may want to check it out. You may want to check that site out. I hope that helps you be able to makea little more of an informed decision.

Think I may cancel my order. May not be worth the hassle. Found this http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/120805-buddy-upgrades.html Probably just go through Best Buy.

ancalagon

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am planning on using my wife's upgrade and activate it on my phone number. I have done this 4 or 5 times in the past with wirefly without being charged anything extra. We are on a family plan with 5 lines. Maybe that is why there has been no problem activating on a different number than the upgrade was supposed to be for? The wording on the terms makes is seem like if you keep it in the same account number on Sprint, you could be okay. Either way I am taking my chances. Anyone know for sure if I am assuming right?

By accepting this Instant Savings Discount, you agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, your wireless carrier notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our Satisfaction Guarantee.

Please note some of the reasons your wireless carrier may notify us of a deactivation include if:

You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated
You change your rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase
You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing account

Goldenbrown

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Order cancelled! Here is the Chat. I replaced the name of the agent with agent. Agent : You have placed an upgrade order for the wireless 8##-3##-####.
Agent : You want to use the new HTC EVO 4G LTE on another wireless number. Is that correct?
Me: yes on my #, this is a family plan.
Agent : Thank you for the confirmation.
Agent : We will process the order for the wireless 8##-3##-####.
Agent : So you would not be able to use the new HTC EVO 4G LTE phone on any other wireless number.
Agent : You need to use the new HTC EVO 4G LTE until 181 days from the phone activation date.
Agent : If you use the new HTC EVO 4G LTE phone on the another wireless number, it will break the terms and condition of the contract.
Me: Ok thanks for the confirmation. I need to cancell the order.
Agent : You are welcome.
Me: How do I cancel?
Agent : I will help you to cancel the order.
Agent : Is there anything I can do to change your mind?
Me: I need to use this upgrade for my #, and I dont want to risk breaking the contract and being charged hudreds of $.
Agent : Thank you for the information.
Agent : Please allow me 2 minutes to cancel the order.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You transfer this equipment to another carrier line of service after it is activated
You change your rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase
You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing account[/I]

I dont see how using the phone purchased on another line in the same account would violate any of those terms. You would not be going to another carrier. Your rate plan would not change. You wouldnt cancel texting/data features. And at least for a renewal, there is no new line of service.

Joseh720

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone's won't be activated until you get them. I used wirefly when I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint a couple of years ago. When the phone came...I had it activated within about 10-20 minutes. Back then I had to actually call to activate. I'm not sure if they have changed the way a carrier switch would happen.

be sure to have your number ported first if you cancel t-mobile first you will not be able to keep your number

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a great deal, and I tried to purchase it. However, there's no way to maintain my current 1500 Everything Data plan (which is $110 monthly). Wirefly forces you to switch to the 1500 Everything Family Plan (which is $129 monthly).

So, an additional $240 per year to save $70 now... No thanks.

EDIT:

Called Sprint directly and asked them about the plans. The Sprint Rep stated that Wirefly has no capability to change an existing plan, only extend your current contract.... I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor verrified that Wirefly as a 3rd Party supplier/partner with Sprint, cannot fascilitate a change to a plan, only establish a new contract, or extend an existing contract.

So, I upgraded.

Second Edit: Wirefly CANCELLED my order, as they can't process orders for Sprint Business Customers. What a waste of time...

Last edited:

cstam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought 2 of these for $119 yesterday, one for me and one for my dad. My orders are sitting at "Approved - Awaiting Inventory". Can't Wait!

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered through the Wirefly website yesterday, and my current status is "Approved, awaiting inventory".

I also got this message:

"Inventory Update
We apologize for the inconvenience, but the phone you ordered is extremely popular.
We receive shipments of additional phones daily and will fulfill out-of-stock orders in the order in which they were received.
Once your order is ready to ship, we will send you an email with your shipping details and update this site.
Special Note for Preorders:
If you placed an order for a device that is currently in preorder, we will begin shipping them in the order they were received as soon as we are authorized to release the devices."

I hope my phone arrives when the others ship, or shortly after. I got the $119 price, and it says I will be charged a $36 activation fee upon receiving the phone.

jelsenburg

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as to how many preorders they have taken for this phone...I got my order in earlier...there is no indication of what number I am in the order line.