Who is sticking close to stock for a while?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious...with my current OG EVO, I use a variety of apps to make up for deficiencies with some of the stock apps. I know we won't know for sure until we get our greedy hands on them, but wondering who is planning on replacing things ASAP?

I am going to try to run stock for a while, here is what I have on my current device:

Sense, replaced by Go Launcher
Browser, replaced by Dolphin
Messaging, replaced by Go SMS
Lockscreen, replaced by Widget Locker
Gallery, replaced by QuickPic
HTC Weather, replaced by Weather Bug
Clock, replaced by Beautiful Widgets
Alarm, replaced by Gentle Alarm

I will most likely immediately replace the Alarm with Gentle Alarm and HTC Weather with WeatherBug, but I think the others will stay for a while.

What are you going to do?

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I only replaced Messaging with Handcent, but I'm rooted so I have a few other things that I won't have for a while on the LTE. :\

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The only app I will replace at first is the browser. I will use Chrome beta instead.

As for the rest, I will first use Sense 4 and see how it is. Based on the previews, it looks great and very functional.

Oh, and I will probably replace the keyboard with the swiftkey beta. :D

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the features of ICS so I'm sticking with stock for a while till I learn them all. I'm currently running CM 7.1.0 on my Evo 4g.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Will be replacing the keyboard with Thumb Keyboard, browser with either Dolphin or Chrome. Other than that probably stock until I get bored. : )

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Will be replacing the keyboard with Thumb Keyboard, browser with either Dolphin or Chrome. Other than that probably stock until I get bored. : )

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh man, forgot about my keyboard....will be replacing mine with SwiftKey X.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I prefer google Apps over htcs (camera, music, calendar, browser, people, etc)

the only app i know i prefer from HTC is clock (which includes countdown, alarms, timers, etc)

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey is a must for me and I'm looking forward to using Chrome as a browser. Other than that...I assume I will be good until I've had the phone long enough and the hype wears off. After that, it'll be time to get my root on.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The only app I will replace at first is the browser. I will use Chrome beta instead.

As for the rest, I will first use Sense 4 and see how it is. Based on the previews, it looks great and very functional.

Oh, and I will probably replace the keyboard with the swiftkey beta. :D

That's exactly what I am also planning to do. Swiftkey and chrome. Though planning to give the sense 4 keyboard some usage to see how it is.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll try Sense out for awhile before I switch to Apex or GO Launcher. Definitely getting SwiftKey, WeatherBug, and Chrome to replace their stock counterparts.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm fine with out flash. And i have a back up stock browser if i REALLY need it.

Which has been approximately zero times in the last 8 months.

chance1117

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm fine with stock but would really like to get root. Then I can use titanium backup to quickly get all of my apps and data moved over. I also like to remove any apps I don't use. I'm a little worried that ASOP roms won't utilize the camera as well as stock. Overall I'm ok with stock for a while but I like to play so we will see how long that lasts. After seeing my battery life double on mean rom for the 3d it is hard to stick to stock forever!

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm fine with out flash. And i have a back up stock browser if i REALLY need it.

Which has been approximately zero times in the last 8 months.

yup, i find myselfuing chrome more and more. flash crashes a lot on the phone anyway, so i rather use flash on my desktop.

grandebob

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
The one thing sense has gotten right is Exchange Active Sync policies. Specifically the "lock device after..." policy. Stock android does not support this being anything but "immediate" when the screen goes off.

Most policies give you a 5-60min grace period where if you sleep your device (screen off) you can unsleep it (screen on) within that grace period and not have to re-enter your password.

As long as I can get root and uninstall footprints, peep, stocks, friend stream, etc, I'm happy with sense.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Stock, with exception of SwiftKey, HD widgets which mimics the features of the stock clock widget without the look and although I like the stock browser I will try Chrome, my favorite PC browser.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'll be sticking stock and no rooting. I've rooted for my whole Android lifetime since the HTC Hero. I'm tired of the reboots, hard resets, back ups and restores. I've grown accustomed to the iPhone and my phone running just fine out of the box without me manipulating it. So I wont be doing anything special with this Evo LTE. Stock for me. I may do a third party launcher but honestly, I doubt it. I love HTC and I'm getting an EVO 4G LTE for a reason.

Of course...I say this NOW...that may change. I mean I AM using an Android device, right? ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos