Taking the Plunge

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
After much flip flopping, I finally just said the hell with it and pre-ordered it through Wirefly. I didn't port my number yet, as I want to make sure that the Sprint service will be adequate. This will also give me an opportunity to evaluate the EVO against the iPhone 4S. I'll probably start another thread for my comparison, though.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on AT&T. I'm (for the time being) switching to Sprint because I travel back and forth to northeast Ohio frequently (mostly to see my family) and I have horrible service in my parents' house. There are two spots in the house where I can actually call and text, and neither of those spots is 100% reliable. As far as I'm concerned, Sprint's service can't possibly be any worse. Even if the service isn't much better, the Sprint plan is cheaper than my AT&T plan, plus I get unlimited data, so as far as I'm concerned I've got nothing to lose.

The question mark for me is the quality of Sprint's service in Harrisburg (where I live and work). If it's comparable to what I get with AT&T, then I'm porting my number and not looking back. If the service sucks, then I just return the phone and cancel the plan within 14 days.

I did this with Verizon and the Droid Bionic last year. I opted to stay with AT&T because I couldn't stand the screen on the Bionic and I wasn't keen on VZW's data plans. Hopefully things will work out this time. I'll end up getting hit with the ETF from AT&T, but I was hoping to just sell my iPhone 4S (64 GB) to offset that.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on AT&T. I'm (for the time being) switching to Sprint because I travel back and forth to northeast Ohio frequently (mostly to see my family) and I have horrible service in my parents' house. There are two spots in the house where I can actually call and text, and neither of those spots is 100% reliable. As far as I'm concerned, Sprint's service can't possibly be any worse. Even if the service isn't much better, the Sprint plan is cheaper than my AT&T plan, plus I get unlimited data, so as far as I'm concerned I've got nothing to lose.

The question mark for me is the quality of Sprint's service in Harrisburg (where I live and work). If it's comparable to what I get with AT&T, then I'm porting my number and not looking back. If the service sucks, then I just return the phone and cancel the plan within 14 days.

I did this with Verizon and the Droid Bionic last year. I opted to stay with AT&T because I couldn't stand the screen on the Bionic and I wasn't keen on VZW's data plans. Hopefully things will work out this time. I'll end up getting hit with the ETF from AT&T, but I was hoping to just sell my iPhone 4S (64 GB) to offset that.

I have a cousin who has At&t and is considering coming to Sprint for 2 reasons;

1) unlimited data
2) He says that Sprint has a closer relationship with Google therefore Sprint is more open that At&t.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The unlimited data is the big kicker for me. With unlimited data and my choice of minutes, the plan works out to be cheaper than what I'm currently paying with AT&T. Throw in my company discount, and it ends up being even cheaper. Having the opportunity to evaluate Sprint's and AT&T's services side-by-side is great, as well.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The unlimited data is the big kicker for me. With unlimited data and my choice of minutes, the plan works out to be cheaper than what I'm currently paying with AT&T. Throw in my company discount, and it ends up being even cheaper. Having the opportunity to evaluate Sprint's and AT&T's services side-by-side is great, as well.

Break those chains my friend....break those chains!! :)

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully I'll be able too. I've heard a lot of wildly varying opinions about Sprint's service. With any luck I'll be able to stick with the EVO and ditch the iPhone and AT&T for good.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think they'll eventually get rid of the unlimited data, which would be disappointing, but if I'm grandfathered in I'll be golden, especially if their LTE network turns out half decent.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc