Sprint's New Flagship Phone?

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Being a Launch Day purchaser for the past 3 years, I have been 100% sure that the phone I was getting was considered Sprint's "Flagship" phone and one they considered the better than the rest of their lineup ... I purchased the Palm Pre, Evo 4G, & Evo 3D all on launch day in JUNE ... With the release of the Evo 4GLTE on May 18th and the rumurs of the Galaxy S3 release in June, I am wondering which is Sprint considering their Baby ... I like Both phones but I want to know which will have the Premium Gold Support of Sprint.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Being a Launch Day purchaser for the past 3 years, I have been 100% sure that the phone I was getting was considered Sprint's "Flagship" phone and one they considered the better than the rest of their lineup ... I purchased the Palm Pre, Evo 4G, & Evo 3D all on launch day in JUNE ... With the release of the Evo 4GLTE on May 18th and the rumurs of the Galaxy S3 release in June, I am wondering which is Sprint considering their Baby ... I like Both phones but I want to know which will have the Premium Gold Support of Sprint.

IMO unless the S3 for Sprint gets EVO branding, the EVO 4G LTE is the carrier flagship.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
IMO unless the S3 for Sprint gets EVO branding, the EVO 4G LTE is the carrier flagship.

Agreed, will it sell more than the SGS3 on Sprint? Who knows but the Evo is the flagship device for Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
who cares if it's flagship or not. doesn't change the fact that the evo lte is an awesome phone. i personaly like the evo lte more than the s3, so that's the flagship phone for me.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I would be willing to bet a lot of money that the GS-III is not out in June for Sprint.

Galaxy-S3-release-date.jpg

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I do understand the Evo branding, but this release has had ZERO fan fare compared to the previous releases of their Flagship phones ... I am just wondering if Sprint is trying to pull a fast one to sell the Evo brand then put all their advertising dollars into a new Flagship in June. This May 18th release seems suspect.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I do understand the Evo branding, but this release has had ZERO fan fare compared to the previous releases of their Flagship phones ... I am just wondering if Sprint is trying to pull a fast one to sell the Evo brand then put all their advertising dollars into a new Flagship in June. This May 18th release seems suspect.

i am not suprise if sprint will focus more on samsung s3, they are the number 1 cell phone producer in the world right now. the galaxy series have been a great sucess around the world, of course sprint will spend big money pushing the s3. too bad, i really think the evo is a better phone. the s3 will probably be a great phone too, but i think a lof of samsung features are gimmicky that i will never use. this is exactly like tv show, we see plenty of good quality shows get cancel cause of the number of viewer the show gets. sprint will push what sells. htc hasn't been doing as well the past year, but hopefully with the one line, they will be back again.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site

No offense, but I don't understand why people keep saying this.

First off...the first Evo: First 4G phone in the USA. First phone to launch with a 4.3" screen. First phone with a kickstand. First flagship phone after the failed Palm Pre. First smartphone in america with a front facing camera.

This phone is great...but for all intents and purposes....the blogosphere has seen it before. Its the HTC One X with a design change and SD card and kickstand (slightly bigger battery too). Most of us here have pre-ordered because we know what to expect. Not only that, but Sprint held a press conference for the phone in April and the phone will launch in less than 2 months after. If my memory serves me correctly the Evo was shown off at CES and then launched in June of same year...so anticipation and build up was greater.

Now if you are talking about marketing...you simply won't see commercials for the phone until it is officially out.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if the EVO LTE is the flagship phone or not, I do not like the plastic build of Samsung. EVO LTE kicks butt and is the phone for me and as for S3 in June...come on dude, that's for the US as a whole..coming to Sprint in June is a different story. Almost every phone that gets released in the US typically hits other carriers first and THEN Sprint changes it to make it feel special with their own branding.

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if the EVO LTE is the flagship phone or not, I do not like the plastic build of Samsung. EVO LTE kicks butt and is the phone for me and as for S3 in June...come on dude, that's for the US as a whole..coming to Sprint in June is a different story. Almost every phone that gets released in the US typically hits other carriers first and THEN Sprint changes it to make it feel special with their own branding.

I may be wrong, but didn't sprint get the gs2 before any other carrier?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When it comes to carriers and handset manufacturers Sprint and HTC seem to work together better then Sprint and Samsung. At least thats how it seems to me when it has come to past device launches, updates and support.

Heck i went to an HTC sponsored event in Dallas a few years back and it was a great experience.

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Traditionally HTC Evo phones have been Sprint's flagship model since the first evo came out almost 2 years ago. I don't think it will be any different here. That said, I spoke with a senior level sprint rep who told me that they have SEVEN new LTE devices that will hit the market in July. I still did the Evo Pre-order because that phone probably won't be topped by any real measurable quality any time soon. Also, devices have to include some tablets and wifi devices, so I'm not sure how many phones that really means. My guess is actually lower end LTE devices for those that don't want the features/price of the Evo.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong, but didn't sprint get the gs2 before any other carrier?

Yes Sprint was first to get the GS2.

The S III WILL BE out by July the latest. Official phone of the Olympics, Samsung wants close as possible world wide release this time, Sprint specs leaked out yesterday etc......

Now for which will be flagship, my bet is the Evo LTE until the GSIII comes out.

Sprint will probably push both phones very hard with an advertising for the EVO LTE strong until July and then S III comes out with strong advertising also to be tied in with the Olympics.

If you look at these statistics the SII has been Sprints second best selling phone right behind the Iphone for the last 8 or so months. So i am sure Sprint will also push the SIII hard.

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/28/0,1462,sz=1&i=286442,00.jpg

http://www-bgr-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/canaccord-dec-2011.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles