I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
evo-4g-lte.jpg

OK, boys and girls. It's review time, and I've got one. Have questions, fire away!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited by a moderator:

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
besdies kickstand/physical camera buttons, is the screen/layout the same to where ONE X screen protectors would also fit? its the exact same screen and dimensions, so i would assume the light sensor or anything else on the screen would be a match, right?

TIA

also, MHL is standard and non oem MHL converters should work with this right?

r1fo

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to the review, Phil! Here are some questions:

* How much/what kind of bloatware did it come with?
* How is the 3G reception as compared to your other Sprint-type phones (ex/ Galaxy Nexus)
* Is there a way to disable the external camera button from turning on your phone? I'm asking in case it's in your pocket
* It looks like we have antennas in the removable back cover, does it look like something a third-party will be able to reproduce so we can buy custom?

Thanks as always!

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on getting one to "play" with! :)

Other than the battery, which everyone else want's to know about, how's the screen look in sunlight, and how fast is data access on the Micro SD card? I'm coming off of an Evo 4G contract and would like to see this compared against the Sammy S-III (I know the One X was compared)

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Extrenal speaker sound quality? Also, when placed flat, does it rest on the camera lens like the past Evo's?

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
How is the camera in low light situations? Is it better than the Iphones?

How is the flash functionality? Is it actually useful now or still washing everything out?

(yes I'm bitter...the EVO3d has been a bit of a let down and I'm considering Samsung but this might be the RedeemVo.)

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Is it, in fact, the exact same screen as the one-x? No surprises or last second switches? (unless they're for the better!) Battery life of course you won't know until you use it for a while, but obviously interested in that.

I know you've played with it before, but now that you've had it for an extended period of time and recently been playing with the GS3 and other new phones at CTIA (and the one-x of course)...how can you honestly rate the sexiness in person comparatively to other "flagship" phones?