I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Where the casing and the glass meet around the sides of the screen. Does the glass fit tightly against the case to allow no room for dust to get in or is there a slight gap? I noticed this was a problem with the evo 3d.

dleasman

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Any software issues yet? Have you seen a FC yet?

It seems that every, and I mean EVERY, new phone has some sort of emergency update pushed in the first couple weeks. Some bug that slipped through, or the SD card does not work... You know as I do from previous EVO releases...
I realize that this is subjective to how much you have your device loaded up with custom software, and I don't know if you are using Google Voice.
Have you had any issues with the stock ROM? Have you seen an FC yet?
-Dana

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
can a mod ban him for the above inappropriate comment please? thanks.

Phil, can you actually ban yourself? :D

klau25, I hope you were joking... While I like a "family" orientated forum as much as the next person, Phil's response was appropriate for the question he was answering....

David...

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Phil, can you actually ban yourself? :D

klau25, I hope you were joking... While I like a "family" orientated forum as much as the next person, Phil's response was appropriate for the question he was answering....

David...

haha, of course i am joking, who's going to give us all these info if phil is bannd? haha.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Where the casing and the glass meet around the sides of the screen. Does the glass fit tightly against the case to allow no room for dust to get in or is there a slight gap? I noticed this was a problem with the evo 3d.

Seems tight enough. Dust under the screen is (hopefully) one of those things that you won't ever seen in the first day of use, though. And because of manufacturing fluctuations, one or two devices might not be indicative.

That goes for all phones. One or two or even 10 instances of something doesn't necessarily mean design flaw or anything. Let's try to remember that.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, sorry to harp on this so much, but just for some additional clarification. Even if you press the screen on button and then press the camera button, it will not open the camera app?

If you can't tell, I really don't want to have to add the camera icon to my bottom row just so I can launch the camera from the lock screen.

Thanks

You must first turn on and unlock the phone for the shutter button to do ANYTHING.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
How is the build compared to the plastic on the GSIII or Nexus. Does the metal feel better (minus the stupid glossy plastic cover)?

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I know you haven't had as much in hand time with the GSIII, but from first impressions, which phone do you like better (going with the understanding the the Sprint GSIII will likely be dual core)? Which phone do you think will have more dev support?

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
If I'm coming from the NS4G, would this phone feel stupid big? Will there ever be a worthwhile upgrade option for a Sprint customer who wants a 4" phone?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Only 2 things Im interested in are the battery life and speaker. Other then that Im just worried about the amount of tissues Ill go through when I have to sell back my evo shift...:(

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the NFC integrated into the removable shiny black cover section (like on the Nexus S), or is it part of the phone?

I read elsewhere that there's allegedly more than one antenna built into that cover. NFC seems the likely answer, but I was wondering if the cell or BT antennas are integrated into the cover? Does anything not work if you leave the cover off?

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Does it have bluetooth v4, v3 or v2.1+EDR? There's conflicting info out there between what Sprint and HTC have published and what's in the One X. Most interested in BT4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie