I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

jharre08

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for doing this Q&A as like many, I am torn between this phone and the GSIII.

The specs say expandable to 32GB microSD, but wouldn't a 64GB work as well? Couldn't imagine why not....

I am concerned with the fixed battery. I doubt you've had this issue yet, but any word on what to do if this thing locks up? No battery pull, so.....

Thanks again Phil!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I read elsewhere that there's allegedly more than one antenna built into that cover. NFC seems the likely answer, but I was wondering if the cell or BT antennas are integrated into the cover? Does anything not work if you leave the cover off?

NFC is built into the removable cover. Doesn't work if it's not attached.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for doing this Q&A as like many, I am torn between this phone and the GSIII.

The specs say expandable to 32GB microSD, but wouldn't a 64GB work as well? Couldn't imagine why not....

I am concerned with the fixed battery. I doubt you've had this issue yet, but any word on what to do if this thing locks up? No battery pull, so.....

Thanks again Phil!

Like on the other HTC One phones, you just hold down the power button. NBD.

Reactions: jharre08

tj78942

May 10, 2012
Visit site
A lot of us are asking for you opinion on the speaker phone. I know that's subjective but could you compare it to other phones

Also how durable do you feel it is, would you be comfortable using it sans case?

thisguy81

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It cant be uninstalled but you can disable notifications.
Click to view quoted image

You can turn off notifications in the Sprint Zone app but if the phone gets an OTA update (like my Epic Touch 4G did) it resets the notifications so you have to turn them off again.

I put the FD24 update (Offical... Unoffical ICS) on my Epic Touch, and i am able to uninstall most of the bloatware, and the ones i couldn't uninstall I was able to disable. Pretty nice.

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the EVO 3d in an otterbox defender case and i carry it in my pocket do you think the 4g LTE is to big to carry in your pocket also does it vibrate more than one time when you get a text or just once like the 3d .

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The sound quality of the speaker when streaming music from something like Google Music is really important to me as well. The Evo 4G has an impressive speaker for a cell phone in my opinion, but when I had the Evo 3D for 2-3 weeks last summer the sound quality was horrendous and very weak. Any opinion on this?

Reactions: chesalaam

gr8lkn85

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know you are being bombarded with questions but I have the iPhone 4S and before that the OG EVO. Loved my EVO. Only one thing will sway me back,,==....need to know about the camera in comparison to the iPhone 4S. If its at least comparable, I will order one today. I miss my android.... :-(