I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
on my og Evo I hold the search button and get to the voice search aka SIRI before SIRI. Is there something comparable in these phones without the dedicated search button.

BTW I will never understand the thought pattern that came up with the idea to remove the search button on a phone whose software was created by Google.
Google search widget now has a mic on it. ICS has the search widget by default on every screen - no need for buttons.

I know the phone wouldn't say this, but when you got the phone from HTC/Sprint, did they say anything about off-contract price? I know BestBuy is saying $700, but I'd like to double check on if other places are doing the same thing.
$550.

$549.99 at the Sprint store. You may be able to "buy up" your contract date, which could enable you to pay less. Contact Sprint for details.
Yep - lots of areas participating in test "early upgrade" offers. Go to your nearest corporate store and see if you're eligible for anything.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
And would you say the case is hardy enough that a Chilean miner would keep it handy in the event he were to be caught between a rock and a hard place? And if he should deploy his phone as a digging tool to liberate him and his fellow miners -- would the screen suffer any scratches?

culry0788

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
can you do voice and data at the same time on sprints 3G being a LTE enabled device or do you still have to be on wifi to be able to do that ?

culry0788

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
can you do voice and data at the same time on sprints 3G being a LTE enabled device or do you still have to be on wifi to be able to do that ?

jharre08

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
The htc evo lte is not listed under a supported device.

Directly under supported devices it says:

"Select ?All other supported models? if you cannot find your phone in this list. Devices launched after 9/2011 will be shipped with the unlock capability. Please check back often for updates on the unlock status of additional devices."

Rydah805

The Rapper
May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not a total wipe, just personal data. Once you add your google acount, it re-syncs contacts, etc.

im quite familiar with how android works, just never used HTC unlock method. thanks, was wondering about data, since i s-offed my 3d, and lost nothing.

when you unlock a nexus device (or at least the nexus s), your "sd card" is wiped. at least i think that's the case....i unlocked a long time ago. anyway, i think that's what rydah is asking about.

yikes!!! sd card also??? remind me not to have mine in the phone while i run this!

jharre08

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
im quite familiar with how android works, just never used HTC unlock method. thanks, was wondering about data, since i s-offed my 3d, and lost nothing.

yikes!!! sd card also??? remind me not to have mine in the phone while i run this!

I didn't use HTC's method with my Evo 4G, so I lost nothing as well. Just going off of what I have read and what the screen reads that Phil posted. I highly doubt the SD card wipes. But hey, why risk it right?

Reactions: Rydah805

mercado79

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use HTC's method with my Evo 4G, so I lost nothing as well. Just going off of what I have read and what the screen reads that Phil posted. I highly doubt the SD card wipes. But hey, why risk it right?

well, just to be clear, the nexus s doesn't have an sdcard. it's all internal storage and so that go wiped / hard reset. i imagine that on devices with a micro sd card slot, the card wouldn't be wiped.

ian3047#AC

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Wow so you can't just use the internal storage for apps. So basically it will end up like the old EVO where at some point you may have to shuffle apps that require internal.

david279

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
According to FCC docs the evo lte supports SVDO and SVLTE(voice and data simultaneously). I know the LG viper supports it too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool