I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
My wifes phone quit on her. I'm on my 3rd phone & now my wife is going to be on her 2nd. Any others had this kind of issue with theirs? My 1st is like my wife's first, it just quit. My 2nd never would update any emails. BB replaced my 1st 2, Sprint is replacing my wife's for $35. Everyone says these are good phones, no issues. Maybe i'm jinxed

Rogue app installed?

Sent via EVO LTE

rrs111

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have EVO 4g LTE. Can you tell me why if I have an app running, specifically games, then leave the game without closing it, then send a text or something, then return to the game via 'recent apps', the game always restarts itself. How can I keep my recent apps to stay open?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have EVO 4g LTE. Can you tell me why if I have an app running, specifically games, then leave the game without closing it, then send a text or something, then return to the game via 'recent apps', the game always restarts itself. How can I keep my recent apps to stay open?

That's the stupid Sense multitasking. I've been doing more gaming on my phone recently and noticed the same thing.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just set up my LTE. On my old Shift, I had a shortcut for the call history. I use this a lot. Is there an equivalent on this phone? Want to bypass the people app & go direct to history.
My Shift also had a notifications soft button. Is there anything similar as dragging the bar down is not one of my habits.
Last, when reading emails & find 2 annoyances. First, after deleting a read email it does not show the next unread email as my old OS did. I've seen this complaint by others so don't think there is an answer. Also, when viewing an email, the text doesn't wrap preventing me from seeing all the words. I have to scroll left - right repeatedly.
Thanks for any replies.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
When I hit the Phone icon it takes me to the dialer and on top is "recent calls", which seems to be some of the call history (not sure what the filter is). The right-most tab on the bottom is Call History. All those tabs can be rearranged, but I haven't found a way to set which one comes up by default.

Hope this helps!

I've also noticed the Gmail text doesn't fit the screen for some reason, which is annoying. I've noticed that it depends on the email that I'm reading; for some it fits it fine. It always fits fine when it's sideways, however.

fvrustyhooks

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a problem with my brand new 4g lte where any racing type apps I download, fail to play. I'm wondering if I have to enable or disable something....

I've tried raging thunder lite, raging thunder 2 lite, raging thunder 2 (paid), need for speed, reckless racing, asphalt 5,6, few others. Exact message is..

"Unfortunately, (insert game name) has stopped."
With 2 options, "report" or "ok"

mikala_sf

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
When I pull up the calendar and then select a specific day, it shows the hours of the day starting from midnight. I have to scroll down to 9am to see business hours. Is there a way to tell it to default to 9am at the top? TIA for assistance.

sessh

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
ok I've had the evo 4g lte for a month now and my music doesn't stay in my google play app. I've tried everything that I know to try to keep in there and it won't stay. I even formated it and my music stayed for a day and disappeared. I had to download Android Music Player so that I can even play music on my phone. The crazy thing is that when I download music on to my phone it shows up in Google Play and stays so I don't know what to do. Please help!!!!

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
How do you create separate albums in th ephoto gallery. I am trying to create different photo albums and I can't seem to do this.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to do it by making different folders on the SD card and putting pictures in those folders (via the computer or a file manager on the phone).

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got a question why when I have a call I get an so asking me if I want to accept the call press 1 press 2 to send to voice mail did o do some dumb set up I don't know of ?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Keonloxe

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM!
I can't play any music from my android music app with the music i bought from google play and it's really annoying. I've done 2 factory resets and my music on the SD card will go on there for a few hours then seperate again. I just will never download music from google's store anymore and have to listen to any music I have in the google app on it's own.:'(

ok I've had the evo 4g lte for a month now and my music doesn't stay in my google play app. I've tried everything that I know to try to keep in there and it won't stay. I even formated it and my music stayed for a day and disappeared. I had to download Android Music Player so that I can even play music on my phone. The crazy thing is that when I download music on to my phone it shows up in Google Play and stays so I don't know what to do. Please help!!!!

lovelyladycb

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I was listening to my music on my HTC EVO and the music just stop I restarted my phone and it keeps saying insert SD card ...its been saying this for a few weeks now I took it out for a day but still no results I try to take a pic its says insert SD card but its already inserted help me plz

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I was listening to my music on my HTC EVO and the music just stop I restarted my phone and it keeps saying insert SD card ...its been saying this for a few weeks now I took it out for a day but still no results I try to take a pic its says insert SD card but its already inserted help me plz

Reformat your card or buy a new one.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
How can I access the hidden apps. PDF, downloads, mirror etc. If I use apex launcher I can access them no problem but not on sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ajinpa

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
i need this file:
RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe
Cant find it online anywhere because his links are down. is it possible you could send it to me?;)

angelk2121

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
am i missing something in my settings, or on my google search widget/app, is it impossible to have that "go" or "search" button show up? it is really beneficial in my opinion, to be able to search things you may not have spelled correctly, and have it come up with the "did you mean so-and-so?" option on the screen. now, you either have to spell whatever you may be looking for correctly, or just not find it (in the search bar that is). thank god there is a "go" button on the internet itself, but obviously just typing something into the search bar is easier. is this just how it is or am i missing something? please help :)

angelk2121

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
also, i think i messed up some how, because my word prediction is showing up everywhere but when i'm on the internet. does anyone know how to fix this??

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:19 PM ----------

jay kay i guess it just shows up sometimes and doesnt in certain places. like it will show up when i type a status into facebook or commenting on a post for instance, but not when i am searching for friends, or in google search. i guess its just like this..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2