Do You feel screwed?? No LTE for many!!

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Sprint customer for 7 years now and just about every time a new phone drops I was in line supporting Sprint. From the Pre, Evo, Evo 3d, GS2 I have supported their new phones and didn't question network or anything because I believed they would get better. However, Sprint has not met its end of the bargain especially from a data standpoint. My data speeds are the most horrid they have ever been and Wimax is virtually useless as it has always been for me. I can literally be in one spot with a full wimax signal and then move 80 yards away and lose the signal completely.

Sprint has basically come out and told us that they didn't treat their customers right with network quality hence the " Network Vision Plan" so with that said do any of you feel left out in a major way? I feel totally left out because I've dealt with horrible 3g and virtually no 4g for 2 years no waiting on Sprint to build out its network with LTE. Now low and behold I am stuck with the GS2 with super slow speeds while new customers will enjoy fast speeds in my area..(Houston)... Its time to switch!

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Go for VZN, they have some good speeds. :D

So you are in one of the first LTE cities Sprint will support. What's the issue then? Call and get an early upgrade. :D

crow11ad

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope I don't. Yes I'm in the Dallas area and even when I had the original evo and 4g, I didn't use it that much. Pretty much used wifi.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope B-More has had good speeds and not much dropping at all . I'm looking forward to what the LTE will bring and see they have already upgraded some Towers with more being done. I went from Instinct, Pre, Evo and my only real issue seems to be when traveling to places like the Beach or Disney where it seems more like Overload then bad signal and they are fixing that.

Yes Ver has better network but not enough for me to shell out those prices to use it.

Bjamar24

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If u have been on #teamsprint for this long. You can wait a little will longer.. we all know sprint pissed them selves when they signed a contract it clear wire...Trust me its worth the wait. But if u can't wait, be my guest and go over to vergazon and let them butt rape u every month . Plus then your gonna have to watch your minutes and data usage.....

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, never had it and don't care...3G and the phones capabilities have me sold.

***Please excuse any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint doesn't have the resources for an aggressive rollout. They've been losing customers for years, wasted $20B on the stupid iPhone deal, and the only reason they have any retention at all is the unlimited data plans, they are the friendliest and most open carrier and they usually get the best version of a phone.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I may never get to use LTE with the new Evo I just pre-ordered and I am ok with that because Sprint made it clear to me.

However, I have a huge amount of resentment over the 4G (wimax) situation. I got the first Evo on release day and was told we would have 4G in my area "in a couple months". 2 years later and even on my trips to CA I have NEVER ONCE got to experience 4G. . . . SCREWED!
I remember people saying Sprint was screwing up going with wimax two years ago, but somehow it took Sprint a lot longer to realize this. :confused:

In my opinion Sprint customer service is extremely rude and ignorant, and Sprint as a company seems to be immature, somewhat dishonest, and shows absolutely no appreciation for their loyal, long time customers(and any customer for that matter). I stick with Sprint because they are cheaper than competitors, I get a 25% employee discount, and for the most part they get the job done. However, every time my contract is almost up I start shopping with competitors and the day I'm not saving a significant amount of money I will leave Sprint simply because of its lack of customer appreciation and almost non-existent customer service skills.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I may never get to use LTE with the new Evo I just pre-ordered and I am ok with that because Sprint made it clear to me.

However, I have a huge amount of resentment over the 4G (wimax) situation. I got the first Evo on release day and was told we would have 4G in my area "in a couple months". 2 years later and even on my trips to CA I have NEVER ONCE got to experience 4G. . . . SCREWED!
I remember people saying Sprint was screwing up going with wimax two years ago, but somehow it took Sprint a lot longer to realize this. :confused:

In my opinion Sprint customer service is extremely rude and ignorant, and Sprint as a company seems to be immature, somewhat dishonest, and shows absolutely no appreciation for their loyal, long time customers(and any customer for that matter). I stick with Sprint because they are cheaper than competitors, I get a 25% employee discount, and for the most part they get the job done. However, every time my contract is almost up I start shopping with competitors and the day I'm not saving a significant amount of money I will leave Sprint simply because of its lack of customer appreciation and almost non-existent customer service skills.

I would never sell out my principles for a buck. I have to say I've not had the same experience with Sprint that you have and neither have many friends who also have Sprint.

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I live in an area that had 4G when the Evo 4G first came out just about 2 years ago (San Antonio). I've had my original Evo since day 1. Frankly, with the way I use the phone I hardly ever turn the 4G on. I'm usually on wifi. I will use 4G occasionally if I'm somewhere without wifi and find the 3G connection getting sluggish. That's when I remember to switch to 4G. I understand that my usage pattern is not the same as everyone's, but 4G hasn't really done much for me.

I understand that LTE is in SA now, but probably locked up for testing. Someone in town was able to connect to it and put something up on YouTube measuring its speed. He seemed impressed (but it mostly went over my head). I guess I'm fortunate to have only a very short wait for LTE, but even with a longer wait, lack of availability wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

Of course, your mileage my vary.

Mike

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I live in an area that doesn't have Wimax so I wouldn't be missing out either way. On a vacation to Portland Oregon I got 4G and didn't see what the big fuss was about.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I would never sell out my principles for a buck. I have to say I've not had the same experience with Sprint that you have and neither have many friends who also have Sprint.

LOL@ "sell out my principles"....way to be dramatic. Sprint could literally poop on my bill each month before they mail it to me and I wouldn't go back to ATT so I suppose I haven't sold all my principles! :p
I'm glad to know your "many friends" have had such great experiences with Sprint, let's just hope they don't ever have a question to ask customer service that isn't on a computer in front of their faces.

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
so with that said do any of you feel left out in a major way?

I've been with Sprint for 14 continuous years now- using data since 2004, and their data network has generally always been sub-par to put it nicely. But the price simply cannot be beat. $40/month for unlimited data and lots of other stuff pretty much makes up for it.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL@ "sell out my principles"....way to be dramatic. Sprint could literally poop on my bill each month before they mail it to me and I wouldn't go back to ATT so I suppose I haven't sold all my principles! :p
I'm glad to know your "many friends" have had such great experiences with Sprint, let's just hope they don't ever have a question to ask customer service that isn't on a computer in front of their faces.

Well you're the one who said you only stay with Sprint because of price. So I guess if ATT gave you a good enough price you'd switch to them instead? And yes, customer service can vary at different companies and phone companies seem to be lagging behind other industries. The few times I've needed to contact Sprint customer service they've been professionable and for the most part knowlegable. Unlike Verizon who actually accused me of stealing service because I was grandfathered into a data plan that they wanted me off of. Sorry you're such an unhappy customer.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Atlanta area and have been a Sprint customer almost 13 years. I've never had a problem with phone service locally or when traveling. I use between 10 and 20 Gig of data a month. Over 90% is WiFi at home (I home office) or in public places (restaurants, shopping malls, book stores, etc.) It will be fun to have LTE but no deal breaker for me. I don't recall ever encountering rudeness or any problem with customer support. I am more than happy to contract for another two years. I've had the EVO 4G, EVO 3D, and am very much looking forward to my preordered (Sprint online) EVO 4G LTE.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been a Sprint customer for 7 years now and just about every time a new phone drops I was in line supporting Sprint. From the Pre, Evo, Evo 3d, GS2 I have supported their new phones and didn't question network or anything because I believed they would get better. However, Sprint has not met its end of the bargain especially from a data standpoint. My data speeds are the most horrid they have ever been and Wimax is virtually useless as it has always been for me. I can literally be in one spot with a full wimax signal and then move 80 yards away and lose the signal completely.

Sprint has basically come out and told us that they didn't treat their customers right with network quality hence the " Network Vision Plan" so with that said do any of you feel left out in a major way? I feel totally left out because I've dealt with horrible 3g and virtually no 4g for 2 years no waiting on Sprint to build out its network with LTE. Now low and behold I am stuck with the GS2 with super slow speeds while new customers will enjoy fast speeds in my area..(Houston)... Its time to switch!

I feel totally screwed by sprint with the 4g issue. I have had the EVO 4G on the first day of release and now the EVO 3D on the first day. No 4G for almost 2 years. They boasted about the 1st 4G phone, yet half their customers with 4G capable phones couldn't use it. Still paying the bogus $10 smart phone premium.

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
have been on sprint for 10 years. I had the evo 4g on day one and have never had the chance to use 4g. Kinda buged me but not a big deal in the long run.
3g in my area holds its own and the phone service and customer support in the local stores make up for the lack of 4g. When to at@t for 3 months when the og iPhone came out and was treated like a number not a person so i got my service canceled and went back to sprint. had a htc phone ever sense... mogul, touch pro, touch pro 2, og evo, and now the new evo 4g lte.
so if you are pissed about a service that you never got to use go play with Verizon and see how much you like giving a kidney every month to pay a phone bill.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I stay with Sprint is I need CDMA. If your area has GSM, buy an unlocked phone and pick one of the prepaid plans - they are all much much cheaper and you'll end up saving money and enjoying an unlocked phone. e.g. TMobile $30 plan with 5GB LTE, StraightTalk etc.

Compared to the rest of the world, US carriers are robbers.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Well you're the one who said you only stay with Sprint because of price. So I guess if ATT gave you a good enough price you'd switch to them instead? And yes, customer service can vary at different companies and phone companies seem to be lagging behind other industries. The few times I've needed to contact Sprint customer service they've been professionable and for the most part knowlegable. Unlike Verizon who actually accused me of stealing service because I was grandfathered into a data plan that they wanted me off of. Sorry you're such an unhappy customer.

That's right, I stay with Sprint for the price...I'm sorry but I don't see what the issue is with that? Me being smart about money has left my life unaltered by the recession, while many Americans have suffered for the last 10 years I am financially better off than ever and if that comes at the price of dealing with a inferior company a handful of times over 8 years then I'm happy to do it. I'm not "selling out", because I don't see how a person can sell out over such a minute detail of their life. I'm talking about a phone bill, not dancing on a pole, and as stated before I wouldn't go back to ATT....period, I don't see how that wasn't made clear.

I'm sorry that I am not allowed to express my opinions on my experiences with Sprint without you taking it as a personal attack and attempting to insult me by saying I am some kind of "cell phone sell out". I've always felt expressing opinions in a forum shouldn't be allowed, threads would be so much better if everyone kept their experiences and opinions to themselves. Oh, wait......

Anyway I'm not going to continue this any further, this wasn't the point of the thread and I shouldn't have to defend myself against you for expressing an opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670