HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs for i

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yet HTC phones sold by carriers who do not sell the iPhone have not been checked. For a "big picture" guy you don't look at much, do you? Perhaps it might have been more expedient for someone to walk into a Verizon store to check the One X instead of stopping all of them and the Evos, sending HTC and Samsung stocks into a plunge all while benefiting Apple. But no one considered that.

It appears that jjust like to argue, whether you make sense or not. Keep repeating yourself, you'll still be wrong, but it seems to be fun for you.

The "stopped to be checked" is my theory based on the evidence we know. Droid800 clarified that for me in a post right after.

Again, the system sucks. Unless it comes out that Apple made the call to Customs and the ITC, I'm not going to blame Apple. I'm blaming the system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

I'm trying to recall windows 95, but I am a bit fuzzy. In what situation are you referring to when you see a hyper link, jpeg, or plain text? Are you referring to a web browser? I think in that situation, I think that the html data file provides the instructions to the browser that specify that data type, and how it should be presented to the user. So maybe it lacks the functionality of interpreting generic data and predicting a particular action based on the data structure. There are probably other situations that I'm not thinking of though.

Any dynamic website can have server-side scripting run regular expression pattern checking to create HTML links in text that would not otherwise exist, to, say, automatically turn an email address into an anchor mailto link, whereby the user can click on or mouse-over anything that resembles a valid email address and be taken to their default email client, or to a pre-built email form on the site.

That is not any different than the functionality that Apple is describing in this patent. And it has existed for much longer than 1996.

Now, I'm sure you've also been to websites where various text/keywords are automatically turned into links/tooltips on the client-side (JavaScript). That is also the same kind of functionality. Though I don't recall seeing any such client-side implementations prior to 1996.

Rydah805

The Rapper
May 20, 2011
Visit site
So Apple got away with patenting the already patented hyperlink.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Any dynamic website can have server-side scripting run regular expression pattern checking to create HTML links in text that would not otherwise exist, to, say, automatically turn an email address into an anchor mailto link, whereby the user can click on or mouse-over anything that resembles a valid email address and be taken to their default email client, or to a pre-built email form on the site.

That is not any different than the functionality that Apple is describing in this patent. And it has existed for much longer than 1996.

Now, I'm sure you've also been to websites where various text/keywords are automatically turned into links/tooltips on the client-side (JavaScript). That is also the same kind of functionality. Though I don't recall seeing any such client-side implementations prior to 1996.

You don't understand the nature of these types of patents. A key part of the patent, and one that separates it from any prior art, is the user prompt for interaction coupled with the data tools. It doesn't matter if what you described existed before 1996, because it is different than what apples patent is for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So Apple is fighting for an action with hyperlinks? Or are they fight for time? Honestly, I think its time, only on the count of having customers choose between purchasing HTC devices and Samsung devices. Apple buying time and counting sales, so they can bring out the IPhone 5. Apple never had to change its look or make a bigger or even better device until now. Bad thing about is, Samsung is probably going to pay the price only if Apple's plan is a success.

Remember if you look at sales, Samsung was #1 and Apple was #2 and HTC stocks fell once they were stopped at U.S. Customs. All over the action of hyperlinks. See others can say its about money but others know what its really about, Rankings. When Jobs was in power, he made sure Apple stayed at the top but when they dropped rank. Steve made it his plan to get back at the top by whatever means necessary. Patents were taken out to ensure they have complete control when it happens.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Apple would have to get an ITC exclusion order against Samsung and have it apply immediately.

HTC was the weak link...Apple wins and loses back and forth with Samsung and Motorola. Really Google should go all in and throw every patent they have from the Motorola purchase at Apple...unfortunately Google has been defensive instead of offensive in the patent wars and has let all the cases be fought by proxy.

Reading earlier it sounds like HTC went with a workaround instead of removing the feature like they should of...if thats the case they might not even get it resolved quickly if they go to court. Sounds alot like HTC gambled they could push it thru Customs and lost. Damn shame to since the only companies that benefit from this will be Apple and Samsung.

Reactions: Ry

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC was the weak link...Apple wins and loses back and forth with Samsung and Motorola. Really Google should go all in and throw every patent they have from the Motorola purchase at Apple...unfortunately Google has been defensive instead of offensive in the patent wars and has let all the cases be fought by proxy.

Reading earlier it sounds like HTC went with a workaround instead of removing the feature like they should of...if thats the case they might not even get it resolved quickly if they go to court. Sounds alot like HTC gambled they could push it thru Customs and lost. Damn shame to since the only companies that benefit from this will be Apple and Samsung.

Too many of Motorola's patents are SEPs, and Motorola (and Samsung) are already under antitrust investigation for abusing SEPs in other instances. Google would risk a massive antitrust investigation that they cannot afford if they went 'all in'.

Merc25

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Too many of Motorola's patents are SEPs, and Motorola (and Samsung) are already under antitrust investigation for abusing SEPs in other instances. Google would risk a massive antitrust investigation that they cannot afford if they went 'all in'.

That is very true...however I assume Google has something they could use to gain leverage to get Apple into licensing agreements with their primary manufacturers. The opposite seems to be happening now that Apple is dropping everything Google they can from their ecosystem (like Maps) and replacing it with their own version.

Google is playing Checkers while Apple is playing Chess.

PointDexter85

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
But its not because you can test this theory by looking into the last two HTC models. Especially Sprint. The EVO DESIGN 4G AND THE EVO 3D both have broken hyperlinks.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ancalagon

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Pardon if this has been asked and answered, but is the feature in dispute part of stock Android or Sense (or both)?

mikep7779

May 13, 2012
Visit site

I really hope the hearing is today or early Friday, with Saturday delivery anything is possible :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt