HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs for i

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One X and Evo 4G LTE indefinitely delayed at US Customs f

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/b...les-of-2-htc-phones-in-us.html?ref=technology

In its statement, HTC said it believed it was “in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with customs to secure approval.” Sprint and AT&T both declined to comment.

Sprint is keeping a shut mouth about this. I personally believe that everyone is at fault here. From Apple for creating a patent that my blackberry pearl had way before it, and for the patent office for accepting this. Now Sprint + HTC knew that they had this problem, yet they still charge us and keep us hung by our tails.

I don't know if I should go for the galaxy nexus now, I just won't feel complete if I get it. (I need a new phone asap as I am a medical student and I often need to use medical apps when I am at the hospital).

oespinoza83

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Jessica: I'm afraid we are unable to cancel pre-order devices. This was an option previously, but I am afraid this option is no longer offered. You can refuse shipment, or once the package has arrived to chat back in for return options.

Looks like I am filing a CC fraud claim if the phone does not arrive on Friday. Not being able to cancel a pre-order is absurd.

Reactions: Ry

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site

So awesome. Thanks for checking. Does the same thing happen if you text message or email him a phone number?

I texted him a phone number this morning and when he tapped at it, it opened up the phone dialer app, ready to dial.

oespinoza83

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Looks like Sprint started the "no cancelling pre-orders policy" last night as just told to me by CS.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone try to cancel a pre-order in-store?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Cowards

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm curious, how are they cowards? The law suit is against HTC all of this is out of Sprint's hands. It would be foolish for them to make a statement to just tell us they don't know. We know that already. The best thing Sprint can tell us is what they have already said and that is HTC is working with Customs to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Ice

mikep7779

May 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious, how are they cowards? The law suit is against HTC all of this is out of Sprint's hands. It would be foolish for them to make a statement to just tell us they don't know. We know that already. The best thing Sprint can tell us is what they have already said and that is HTC is working with Customs to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Ice

They should still own up to the issue... Maybe a statement? Something?

blckz28

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Time to re-open the "The official EVO 4G LTE release date guessing game (FREE STUFF!)" thread!

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

The IPhone 5 has the specs that are remarkable to chimp. But the backbone and limitations are there clear as day. Apple will try to carry this as long as they can so don't be surprised if this happens again when Samsung Galaxy S III comes to the U.S.

Apple would have to get an ITC exclusion order against Samsung and have it apply immediately.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

They should still own up to the issue... Maybe a statement? Something?

They made a statement, they are referring to HTC who they should be referring to. What more can they say? If you owned a business selling product and your product was held up in customs you would do the same thing because your merchandise being held up in Customs is not your fault.

Ice

anon(603471)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Ice

All the people with pre-orders gave sprint $200 or more if it wasn't an upgrade. They should keep us informed rather than changing status messages all over their site with no explanation.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

All the people with pre-orders gave sprint $200 or more if it wasn't an upgrade. They should keep us informed rather than changing status messages all over their site with no explanation.

I along with you also paid my $200 and I'm just as frustrated as you are. I know the big wigs at Sprint had a meeting today on this issue and yes we should get some kind of statement about the pre-orders but the statement earlier was directed towards the delay not our pre-orders.

Ice

mikep7779

May 13, 2012
Visit site

They made a statement, they are referring to HTC who they should be referring to. What more can they say? If you owned a business selling product and your product was held up in customs you would do the same thing because your merchandise being held up in Customs is not your fault.

Ice

Can you link the statement? From what iv'e read its been CSRs guiding the information.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site

I for one agree. The power is with people and we ought to encourage folks around us to get rid of apple products and not buy any of their products or use their services.

You might want to tell google not to keep paying Apple so much money to make the default search engine on iOS devices Google. That reported $1 Billion dollars google paid Apple is surely funding Apple lawyers :)

BigKenW

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to the local Best Buy, they just confirmed that they haven't received the shipment of preorder devices yet. They also said they are only learning of the delay via sites like AC. Best Buy corporate hasn't reached out to them yet to provide guidance or if their distribution centers have phones for the preorders.

Grrrrrrrrrr

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: couragedragon