We may be alright...possible thoery...

JL421

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
If this customs holdup really was as much of a surprise to Sprint as some people think it might have been, there may have been orders that shipped out, and aren't reporting tracking numbers because Sprint wants to CTA.

If shipping was planned to take place at 11:01 PM CST (12:01 AM EST) everything would have been ready to go: boxes packed, planes loaded. Even if Sprint knew about this an hour before ship time last night, the UPS jets were already on the tarmac, waiting for normal take off time. No matter what Sprint said, UPS would not have delayed other shipments to sweep the cargo for any phones that should not have went out yet.

There is still a chance that they may get out today...but time will tell. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm right here, but don't put too much faith in it.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, everything is frozen. Nothing will go anywhere until this is cleared up. I'll gladly eat crow if somebody gets their EVO later today, but it doesn't look good.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
no one is getting a phone until its completely cleared up, preordered or not. Sprint isnt going launch the phone to a couple thousand (just a number Im throwing out there) then have another launch to everyone else. Im betting it will be next Friday

creighton

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
HTC shared this statement regarding the HTC EVO 4G LTE:

“The US availability of HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have both received enthusiastic support and we appreciate customers patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.”

Here's Information from Sprint:

HTC EVO 4G LTE availability
The U.S. availability of the HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed. HTC is working to resolve this issue and appreciates your patience as they work to get products into Sprint channels. We can’t provide specific timing for product availability at this time and we appreciate your patience as HTC works to get products on store shelves as soon as possible.

Pre-order status/availability
Delivery of products for pre-order are on hold and Sprint will provide a ship date as soon as possible. Sprint will maintain the promise for the preorder customers that they will be among the first to receive their HTC EVO 4G LTE units.

While we'd rather you didn't cancel your pre-order, there are instructions provided in the backorder email on how to do so. I've pasted them here for your reference:

If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays.Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing.If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Sprint Community: HTC EVO 4G LTE - DELAY

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, everything is frozen. Nothing will go anywhere until this is cleared up. I'll gladly eat crow if somebody gets their EVO later today, but it doesn't look good.

I've got my tracking number, and there hasn't been any movement yet. Someone on another thread said maybe 3pm today. I will keep checking and let everyone know when I see any movement.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Heres the thing, if Sprint does in fact have an inventory of EVO LTE, the decision to delay pre-orders is on Sprint. Customs does not have jurisdiction outside of their area without a court order. The ITC cannot go beyond Customs. For legal reasons and not to piss off Apple, (the remored iPhone 5) Sprint may be trying to cover their own butt. I still cannot imagine Sprint would wait 3 days prior to launch to receive shipments.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance