Should HTC/Sprint give good will gesture?

Who, if anyone, should offer good will gesture for EVO debacle?

• Total voters

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This sense of entitlement baffles me...how about you call in and cancel your order. I didnt preorder so I'm unsure if you are required to wait until the device arrives to return it or if you can call in and cancel your order and get your money back. If you can indeed call in and cancel then do that...get your money back...and get a different phone. Or wait...but they dont "owe" you anything for free. They cant control the patent laws. They are victims of this just like the consumer. You think they wanted this to happen?

I think that the original post does have some merit and only brings up a question on how to quell an escalating situation. How you can comment on something you didn't fork out $200 for and criticize others for requesting compensation baffles me. It's not about entitlement. It's about doing the right thing for consumers who did not see this coming. Sprint or HTC could be doing some sort of damage control.

Right now, we don't know how this is going to turn out. The phone could be released from customs next week, next month or later, and all we have seen is press clippings and reports from an insider blog. If you are going to have an event in NYC announcing the product and being out in front of it, don't be hiding from the public now that the balloon had the air escape from it as everyone is looking for answers and updates as to what is going on. No media press conference to be found, yet they can spends millions on commercials for a product that is either not available or only partially available to those fortunate to have purchased it sooner. My two cents. Keep the change (unless it's over $200).

Last edited:
Reactions: learntall

brybry2

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
NO way. This is not Sprint or HTC's falt. Why would you think they should give you something. These things happen when dealing with customs. They can hold up anything they want at anytime.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
NO way. This is not Sprint or HTC's falt. Why would you think they should give you something. These things happen when dealing with customs. They can hold up anything they want at anytime.

The end user shouldn't be dealing with customs. This should have been solved months ago! Sprint and HTC made a big mistake.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This sense of entitlement baffles me...how about you call in and cancel your order. I didnt preorder so I'm unsure if you are required to wait until the device arrives to return it or if you can call in and cancel your order and get your money back. If you can indeed call in and cancel then do that...get your money back...and get a different phone. Or wait...but they dont "owe" you anything for free. They cant control the patent laws. They are victims of this just like the consumer. You think they wanted this to happen?

I'm not sure where you draw up that I have proposed to be entitled to anything other than that of appreciation as a customer. I never said that they owe me anything nor that they are 100% responsible for the situation.

As far as the cancelling you would have to wait to receive your shipment and refuse it or ask for a return kit.
CANCELLING HAS REPORTEDLY BECOME EASIER AS SPRINT STARTS TO HELP CUSTOMERS...http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/2012/05/...SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILS
I am aware that they can't control patent laws but I am sure that HTC could have refrained from infringing on the patent in the first place, I will note that if Apple was aware that they infringed on this patent then HTC should be well aware of it as well. Sprint could have handled the situation better and been more forthcoming with information. I am not entitled to anything but I do believe that business should be conducted appropriately, and that hasn't happened here.

Last edited:

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Is it safe to say that you are faulting Apple with making the call to customs, because they didn't know what shipment to stop or for what reason?

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You obviously didn't read back to my previous posts at all, if your going to draw conclusions on one post and take it completely out of context you could have at least read through the thread a little better. I would do your homework a lil better before assuming what I'm saying.

I read every post in this thread before I responded. Saying you're not owed anything out of one side of your mouth (so you don't get tagged with "entitled") while talking about how you expect a good will gesture out of the other side (even creating a poll about who exactly owes you this gesture) doesn't cut it. At least not in my book.

Sh*t happens.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't care about any of the "in between the lines" stuff....just give me my EVO 4G LTE before I change my mind.

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I read every post in this thread before I responded. Saying you're not owed anything out of one side of your mouth (so you don't get tagged with "entitled") while talking about how you expect a good will gesture out of the other side (even creating a poll about who exactly owes you this gesture) doesn't cut it. At least not in my book.

Sh*t happens.

I'm sorry that you have the need to read into a post and twist it in some form or another. I do not appreciate people putting words in my mouth. You are entitled to your opinion and I value it no matter what it may be, but please refrain from speaking for me. If you did read the other posts then you should be able to appreciate my opinion from my point of view without adding words for me. I posted several comments and they don't mean anything more than the exact words that are written, if for some reason you found them offensive I apologize as I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am, after all, entitled to my opinion as well.:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: dancing-bass

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
...if for some reason you found them offensive I apologize as I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am, after all, entitled to my opinion as well.:confused:

proper respect shown to someone who disagrees with you. A very rare thing in the real world and far less common in the online world. Very well done. My hat is off to you.

sent from my brain

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Nice thread lots of passion on this subject and those that will discount my opinion because I didn't pre-order can't tune out now,, Now you know why I never pre-order anything any more and I suspect many of you will be the same now the lesson is learned..

The argument or premise here is as I understand it that because Sprint got ambushed by a bunch of BS bureaucratic nonsense.. You think they owe you something?? LMAO..
All that is owed is a prompt refund which they are starting to get their feet under them now on that after this fiasco..

I know it's frustrating but that's like me saying every time a cop gives you a speeding ticket weather you deserve it or not and it makes you late to a meeting we had together that you now owe me something?? Maybe a apology which was given.. I won't be holding my breath waiting on the checks and gift cards from those tickets my friends.. But I'm not trying to get something for nothing either. Many of the Napster kids just don't get that and probably never will as giving is not their strong suit..

Last edited:

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice thread lots of passion on this subject and those that will discount my opinion because I didn't pre-order can't tune out now,, Now you know why I never pre-order anything any more and I suspect many of you will be the same now the lesson is learned..

As a point of reference, I did pre-order, but I didn't have to expend a dime doing so. Technically, that would be a reservation, but it serves the same purpose and I am #2 at my local BB to get ny EVOLTE.

Yeah, I would do the same set up again, even though my EVOLTE is delayed.

_Severability_

May 2, 2012
Visit site
As a point of reference, I did pre-order, but I didn't have to expend a dime doing so. Technically, that would be a reservation, but it serves the same purpose and I am #2 at my local BB to get ny EVOLTE.

Yeah, I would do the same set up again, even though my EVOLTE is delayed.

Yes you have the proper mindset for the problem at hand if you pre-ordered Thx.. I will have my new handset the minute they have one in my store here.. Soon I hope :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenix Rev

johnshaft

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered as well. Never did I ever say that we were "entitled" to some sort of compensation because shipment was delayed. The discussion was should HTC, Sprint, or both do something for the customer that felt discouraged. Now that it appears that pre-orders are going to ship this week, it remains uncertain if either will offer something for the delay. If they don't, it doesn't bother me one bit. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably do the same and pre-order. Let's hope that other manufacturers like Samsung don't go through what HTC has.

Reactions: Ry