5/23 release date cancelled!!!

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got this email from BB.
You recently received an e-mail that provided an incorrect release date for your pre-ordered item below. We're very sorry for this mix-up.

The release date has changed, but we do not know the new release date yet.

Sprint has not yet announced the new release date, but we'll let you know as soon as we know it.

Be assured that your pre-order is still valid. You can expect that your device will be ready to ship or pick up on the day that it's released.

Great no EVO this is not good!!

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
CYA to the nth degree.... I imagine every party that is now involved in this mess is so paranoid they would not even commit to their mother's birthday if asked.

Last edited:

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got the email too, date pending, [deleted] Apple and their patterns, they want to dominate the world

Last edited by a moderator:

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
same here.. doesnt look good for any of us.. Might as well start holding on for the s3....and evne it may get blocked too. This is ridiculous.... all the over a damn phone.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think someone at sprint read them the riot act!!

This now makes sprint and htc look even worse in customer's eyes.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If this gets pushed into late May/early June the GS3 will reap the benefit of it. It was one thing to have to wait a month, will be another thing totally to have to wait a week or two.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think someone at sprint read them the riot act!!

This now makes sprint and htc look even worse in customer's eyes.

I would assume that is the reason. If Sprint doesn't have a firm date they don't want Best Buy telling everyone its coming on the 23rd, when they probably just picked a date.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Still holding out for this phone. My 3D is holding out just fine until all this gets sorted

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I don't think Sprint knows any more than we do ATM.

I was at Sprint yesterday, friend of mine is a sales rep and he knows I'm a moderator here and he asked me, " What are your sources saying? Sprint isn't telling me anything and he hates having no answer to give to dozens and dozens of pre ordered customers."

He told me he's been following our blogs and threads on this subject because as of Thursday afternoon Sprint hadn't even passed out anything solid to tell customers about Friday's date being squashed.

Soo.. That about sums it up folks.. We don't know and it appears Sprint isn't giving the reps anything solid to work off of either.

Reactions: Active_Matrix

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed! I just got the Best Buy email as well. Quite dissapointing and probably one of the worst releases I have experienced. But I'm not in a mad panic to upgrade, so I can wait a bit more. I think this phone is well worth the wait!

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If this gets pushed into late May/early June the GS3 will reap the benefit of it. It was one thing to have to wait a month, will be another thing totally to have to wait a week or two.

I think you might be right. This needs to come to a head NOW. This phone must be released before June.

News reports all over the place today about the GSIII already getting over 9 million pre-orders. HTC cant have their thunder taken away from them.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Waiting on Inside Sprint Now to confirm that the release date is cancelled.

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781