Questioning getting the LTEVO

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I played with a Nexus for a few days. That phone barely bested my OG EVO that's 2 years old. It wasn't much of an upgrade to say the least.

dking9101

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It is a good looking phone, I played with the dummy model yesterday at best buy, I just wanna see if it's a perfect marriage of style & function

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'll bring sticking it out for the Evo... Had the original and loved it and now I have the epic touch and while it is a nice phone touchwiz is garbage and I'm so tired of the cheap plastic feel... Definitely ready for a phone that feels like it's worth $600 again

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not my nexus my radio is better than my friends HTC and on par wit my girls moto razr on signal strength

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

You must have the special edition, super signal Galaxy Nexus.

That, or you don't admit when you make mistakes, so you pretend like it's the best phone ever.

dschoenike

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the heck I should do. My current EVO 4G has a busted charge port and the screen shattered a week ago. I love the EVO line, and had it from June 2 years ago. But I really can't hold out for much longer. Thinking I should get the Galaxy Nexus and hope the Evo LTE gets released within the 14 day return period. Seems like a shady thing to do, but I'm in need of a (fully) working device. crumby situation
dschoenike

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Well I hope things get worked out but it don't look good for customers that want to enjoy new phone. Apple is who we thought they were. But there would be riots if Google or any manufacturer stopped the next Gen Isuck from being released

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably wait for the EVO...... don't think the Galaxy S III would satisfy me enough..
I've been watching the Samsung phones and "maybe"..... just maybe, "IF" Sprint gets the Galaxy note I "might" be tempted to jump... but that would depend on the specs of the Galaxy Note when/ if Sprint get's it... the way it sits now it's too "old" to warrant me buying it... it would need some upgrades.. hehe.

I know that whatever phone I get HAS to last me 2 years (no more yearly upgrades) and it had better be the mack daddy phone if it's going to keep me happy for 2 years!

I'm sure there will be some tweaks when Sprint releases the Note. I'm waiting Sprint!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the heck I should do. My current EVO 4G has a busted charge port and the screen shattered a week ago. I love the EVO line, and had it from June 2 years ago. But I really can't hold out for much longer. Thinking I should get the Galaxy Nexus and hope the Evo LTE gets released within the 14 day return period. Seems like a shady thing to do, but I'm in need of a (fully) working device. crumby situation
dschoenike
Consider dropping a few bucks on a outdate device used off Ebay or CL to hold you over until this whole mess gets worked out....

Could pick up some used yesterday's devices for pretty cheap these days.... I think the route of playing the 14 day return window is a risky deal.

Reactions: dschoenike

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Up until two days ago, I was all-in on getting the E4GLTE. I even paid the early upgrade fee and everything in anticipation of being able to order one very soon.
Now I am on the fence. This whole delay thing plus the broken way Sense 4.0 handles multi-tasking is leaving me with some major second thoughts.
Somebody please talk me out of giving up and just buying a Galaxy Nexus!

I'm pretty much in the same spot.. although with the Galaxy Nexus, I figure if I want that, EVO 3D (Which I have now) will probably be just as good with an AOSP ROM in another month or two, so I'd hate to waste my upgrade on something that's wayy behind the curve already.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
dschoenike

pick up an old Blackberry or Android off of craigslist. shouldn't cost more than 25-75 bucks. I think you are charged a restocking fee if you dont return within 3 days (but eligible for rest of refund as long as its within 14 days) I wouldn't want to be meddling with the upgrade and possibly losing it days ebfore the evo lte comes out.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
dschoenike
Get through BB and you'll have 30 days to return with no restocking fees. I'm gonna wait a bit longer to see how this plays out today and if looks like it'll be week(s) for the LTE to arrive then gnex it is.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
it's been three whole days I can't take it any more!!!! I've canceled my pre-order dropped sprint divorced my wife shot my dog quit my job gonna move into the woods and live off the land

Now THAT'S the funniest post I've ever seen on Android Central!

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Consider dropping a few bucks on a outdate device used off Ebay or CL to hold you over until this whole mess gets worked out....

Could pick up some used yesterday's devices for pretty cheap these days.... I think the route of playing the 14 day return window is a risky deal.

I'll sell you my old Moment for $20 + Shipping... /snicker! (Hint: You'd be getting the short end of THAT stick, even though it's rooted and running... ok walking... Froyo)

pitaman64

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah I feel ya, I love technology and all but hell a 1ghz processor does they same trick a as dual,. I'm gonna just wait till my og evo burn the hell up then upgrade

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan