your apple suspicions are true involved in ITC!!

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So i just read this from the Samsung forum stating that he in fact knows apple put in a phone call to the itc. This is what he said. Again not my words.

Ita a matter of public record that Apple contacted the ITC....I verified thia by putting in a call to their public relations department yesterday (working on a story a out all thia madness) I spoke to a very nice, professional individual who confirmed it and referred me to speak with US Customs about an eta for the conclusion of the investivation....wotking on that now.

Jack

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If this is true than apple is most definitely running scared of an android take over. Just makes me wonder what ol Steve Jobs would say about all this.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Of course it was Apple, the fact the first shipment of the One X went through without a hold up, is a dead giveaway.

Benzter

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha no surprise whatsoever, people saying anyone who thought of this was a conspiracy theorist and Android fan boy, well looks like we will have the last laugh. Apple wants to play hardball i don't see why Samsung can't just sabotage them since they supply them with internals but i guess the money is too good for Sammy. Regardless, Apple will die a slow painful death just like its founder did. God forgive me but it is true, karma will always come back for you.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Haha no surprise whatsoever, people saying anyone who thought of this was a conspiracy theorist and Android fan boy, well looks like we will have the last laugh. Apple wants to play hardball i don't see why Samsung can't just sabotage them since they supply them with internals but i guess the money is too good for Sammy. Regardless, Apple will die a slow painful death just like its founder did. God forgive me but it is true, karma will always come back for you.

Unfortunately Samsung can't do that being that apple is their number one customer. Doing so can and will cost samsung hundreds of millions of dollars in the short term and if apple decides to find another supplier that will cost samsung billions in the long term. But apple is gonna get theirs in the end, karma is a b1tch.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately Samsung can't do that being that apple is their number one customer. Doing so can and will cost samsung hundreds of millions of dollars in the short term and if apple decides to find another supplier that will cost samsung billions in the long term. But apple is gonna get theirs in the end, karma is a b1tch.

Huh!!! Samsung manufactures, T.V's, digital and video cameras, home theater equipment, computers, refrigerators/freezers, etc. Samsung will do just fine without Apple.

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Huh!!! Samsung manufactures, T.V's, digital and video cameras, home theater equipment, computers, refrigerators/freezers, etc. Samsung will do just fine without Apple.

Unfortunately, Apple is still Samsung's number 1 customer by about a 2:1 margin last I checked. No company, no matter how big can lose half of their business overnight. Besides, more than likely they have a contract going out several years that would cost 100's of millions to get out of. The good news is that Apple is starting to look elsewhere for the displays to their iCrap.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, Apple is still Samsung's number 1 customer by about a 2:1 margin last I checked. No company, no matter how big can lose half of their business overnight. Besides, more than likely they have a contract going out several years that would cost 100's of millions to get out of. The good news is that Apple is starting to look elsewhere for the displays to their iCrap.

I respectfully, disagree! Yes every iPhone has Samsung components. Just about every Smart Phone not related to Apple have Samsung components as well. Last I checked there are more Android phones than iPhones.

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Being the largest customer by a 2:1 ratio just means they order twice as much as the next biggest customer. It doesn't mean they're responsible for half Samsung's orders. I agree that they'd certainly feel the impact of losing Apple's business and it wouldn't be ideal for Samsung, but at the same time, they'd get along just fine without them.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
C'mon, think about this for one hot minute. Even if Apple is 2:1 their largest customer, if Apple goe out of business all those people using iCrap have to turn to... Android! This would be a huge boost to all the other manufacturers that make Android HW, which probably use as much of Sammy's internals as crApple! I see this as, the balls in Sammy's court! Play the tape Sammy!

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes I know samsung manufactures many other products. Samsungs contract with apple probably only accounts for 5% to about 8% of samsungs total revenue, but the reality is still the same, you don't leave your number customer hanging regardless of how much money you're making elsewhere.

bsagmoe

May 15, 2012
Visit site
The fact that the One S got through while running the same software as the One X is just further proof of Apple's involvement. This make me wonder if the Droid Incredible 4G will be held up as well.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So i just read this from the Samsung forum stating that he in fact knows apple put in a phone call to the itc. This is what he said. Again not my words.

Ita a matter of public record that Apple contacted the ITC....I verified thia by putting in a call to their public relations department yesterday (working on a story a out all thia madness) I spoke to a very nice, professional individual who confirmed it and referred me to speak with US Customs about an eta for the conclusion of the investivation....wotking on that now.

Jack

Link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
It's always been obvious to me that Apple was the main reason for all of this. They can't stop it forever, and it's going to wipe the floor with the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20