Are there any other WebOs users out there who feel jinxed?

Are there any other WebOs users out there who feel jinxed?

• Total voters

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Palm Pre for 3 years and finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the HTC E4L and I still don't have a phone.

I know everything there is to know about this phone except how it feels in my hands.

What do I do? Anybody know how to put ICS on a Palm Pre?

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the Palm Pre since launch until it broke 3 months ago now I'm on my backup
a Samsung Transform and it's brutal

this ITC business sucks

do I feel jinxed a little bit started with the Pre 3 then webOS taking a dump thanks to HP

sorry HTC that I jumped on board maybe I should have ordered a Iphone and none of this would have happened : )

Last edited:

ananniia

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had the pre for about 2.5 years now (my first one just died in Jan, luckily my husband had one lying around!), but its on its last legs! I would absolutely love a new webOS device, but thats not going to happen. I doubt that will ever happen now. I took a chance and pre ordered the EVO, but now I don't know. Which now sucks because the fate of our new phones is once again uncertain. I'm not going to cancel now, because I need a new phone, but if it doesnt come before my pre dies, then I'll feel more than a little slighted.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Palm Pre for 3 years and finally bit the bullet and pre-ordered the HTC E4L and I still don't have a phone.

I know everything there is to know about this phone except how it feels in my hands.

What do I do? Anybody know how to put ICS on a Palm Pre?

So its YOUR fault!! :mad:

:D

Sent from my antique Evo 3D that can now be found at the Smithsonian

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the original Pre (-) at launch, but i left it for my EVO 3D... It took some time to get use to it I kept trying to do gestures LOL, but I'm good now... Now I'm ready for the next EVO!

Sent from my EVO 3D and soon EVO 4G LTE

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
LOL:D, Yes, it's my fault. As a matter of fact that was my original title before I decided to change it. "Sorry HTC, this delay is my fault".

Why you have to call me out like that. Now i'm gonna start getting hate mail...:eek:

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a huge webOS supporter. I'm sporting the Franken Sprint Pre 2 but I know I must move on. I will miss some webOS features but after experiencing ICS on my Touchpad I am comfortable with making the switch to the Eco LTE.

I am not in a huge hurry to switch so I guess I will enjoy another week or so with webOS. The major reason for switching is the lack of major apps like for one Kindle, and bugs that making using the phone a headache at times. Still hoping to se webOS alive in devices someday. I don't fell jinxed.

Ever since using ICS on my Touchpad I have not switch back to webOS. WebOS is jinxed, not me.

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I had my palm pre since launch and absolutely love that phone!! But it died two weeks ago and so I ordered the evo. Its probably my fault too. Ive been taunted for years to get rid of that "piece of s**t phone..lol" and just when I make the decision to do it...still no phone Evo or pre!!

random1976

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
My original Pre is on its last leg. Every few months I've been stopping by a sprint store to try the current crop of phones only to find them a lot less functional than the ancient Pre. But now the Pre is dying so it'll have to be the EVO.

bstryd

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Same story - my orig pre is still working but getting quirky. I did some homebrew stuff which really helped about 18 months ago, and I guess I could WebOSDoctor back to pristine WebOS, but since there isn't going to be any more soon, I ordered and am waiting for and helped jinx the EVO 4G LTE. My bad - sorry all.:'(

xberserker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Another launch day Pre- owner. I took it in to a sprint store a few weeks back, because it was stuck in silent mode & the head phone jack didn't work. I tried all the fixes I could find before hand. They just gave me a refurb, so it looks like new at least. But still is very slow & unresponsive at times. I love WebOS, it's a shame it went the way it did. Maybe I'll try to put WebOS 2 on it after I get my new EVO.

I've pre-ordered the HTC EVO 4G LTE and I know it will take a bit to get used to. This will be my first android device.

One thing I love about the Palm Pre is the ability look at my locked or docked Pre and see my latest, email / text notifications without the need to unlock it.

Anyway to do this on Android?

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Three original pre phones still in use in my household, two are eligible for upgrade on Aug 1 with the other eligible Nov 1 so I'm eager to see some real life usage reports of both the EVO 4G LTE and the Samsung Galaxy S III in these very forums to help make up my mind. :D

I am sad to see WebOS go though. :'(

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure you can buy a cdma Palm Pre 2 and transfer your comm board over. Run it on Sprint. Although, I think I'd rather just move to Android. The Pre was great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy