HTC StereoClip available at sprint.com

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, Sprint is now selling the HTC StereoClip under accessories. This is the dongle that was advertised at MWC. Just placed my order and waiting for shipping notice. Hope Apple doesn't have some stupid patent on this too. Sounds like it's a good solution for the car, or anyplace with a 3.5mm headphone jack input. The OneX (& Evo) support the higher quality aptX codec for streaming bluetooth audio, which is supposed to make this sound better than normal A2DP audio. Good first look article here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403708,00.asp

What's interesting is Sprint seems to be the only retailer that has them available. The Sprint website doesn't report it as out of stock or on backorder. AT&T doesn't have them online, and HTCpedia.com is reporting a backorder to 6/8/12.

Hope mine ships on Monday!

Last edited:

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, Sprint is now selling the HTC StereoClip under accessories. This is the dongle that was advertised at MWC. Just placed my order and waiting for shipping notice. Hope Apple doesn't have some stupid patent on this too.

Interesting, since Sprint seems to be the only retailer that has them available. The website doesn't report it as out of stock or on backorder.

AT&T doesn't have them online, and HTCpedia.com is reporting a backorder to 6/8/12.

Hope mine ships on Monday!

Link?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Ohh, tha's a nice replacement for the m-to-m 3.5mm wire I use in the car.

The main reason I probably won't be buying this is that it needs to be charged. It only has about 4 hours battery life or something. So you're going to need to use a cable to charge it, so why not just use a cheap 3.5mm audio cable instead?

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone actually able to order? It likes NONE of my credit cards. :-/

I am actually very surprised my card did work. I have had a hell of a time with using credit cards when ordering through Sprint. I found in the past that your address needs to be exactly like it appears on your bank statement/pdf - that is exactly to the ascii level, if it's all caps on your bill put all caps in the order, if your name is all caps and has you middle initial - ditto.

So I did that, caps lock on from the get go and fully qualified name, and it worked - go figure.

Of course YMMV but I put this out there FWIW (as it were).

sabbys

jb23fan

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm still kind of confused on what this does... Is it just higher quality Bluetooth streaming, and if so, does that mean this device syncs with your car stereo instead of the phone?

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
just ordered been looking for one. The reason i got it was because i get interference running my 3.5 cable and charging my phone at the same time. listening to a audio book and hearing a buzz every time i put my foot to the floor is just annoying.

btw i drive a lot 80-200 miles a day and i use my gps the hole day so need some thing nice and easy.

and it did let me order used a amex

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I might actually order one if I can find a coupon code that will work on Sprint's website, or if they pop up cheaper somewhere else.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Man i hear ya on the drive bit. I drive a minimum of 100 miles a day and being plugged into both the charger and the head phone jack is tiresome at best. I like this new little trinket :)

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Mind saying what you paid for head set?

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

My badd, should have gone to site to check it out . I was looking at several eart phones this week with all the talk about the beats audio drew my interest .

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The main reason I probably won't be buying this is that it needs to be charged. It only has about 4 hours battery life or something. So you're going to need to use a cable to charge it, so why not just use a cheap 3.5mm audio cable instead?

You know that's a good point. I just really wanted to find a wireless solution since the cable gets in the way of my manual transmission. I wonder if the USB port on my headunit is capable of charging the stereoclip. Actually, look at this...

http://www.newtechnologymag.com/featured/htc-car-stereoclip-bluetooth-dongle

http://www.newtechnologymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/htc-stereoclip-hands-on8_1020_medium.jpg

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone seen the tunelink?

It goes in the cigarette charging port, and streams media from your phone over FM or audio jack.

It will also charge your phone really fast with its 2A charging rate.

The HTC one seems like it has better quality audio with the new codecs and whatnot, but this tunelink does not need to be charged.

The tunelink costs more than the HTC ($90 on amazon), but I did find mine on sale for ~$60.

Tune link Android Auto: Wireless Bluetooth Audio Car Kit FM Radio

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma