Seidio cases vs. TPU (Diztronic) cases

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Any opinions on which ones are preferred? I am deciding between Seidio surface case vs TPU case from diztronic and just wondering what others have experienced and what they prefer.

Thanks all.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Only used Seidio combo here and it fits snug in hand and tight to phone just like it should . I give it 10/10;)

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The Diztronic cases are really nice with great support if you have a problem. The owner is a member on XDA Developer forums. :D

Reactions: Ry
May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have only used the Seidio cases, holsters, and screen protectors. They have never failed me in the last two years with me EVO. Everything fits perfectly. I have dropped the phone a couple of time and it still looks like the day I opened the box!

Jaymcp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've used nothing but TPU cases without issue on my EVO. However, my wife used a Seidio case at first and it scratched up her phone quite a bit. TPU cases are also a bit cheaper in comparison. I plan on getting a Diztronic case as soon as they're available.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've used nothing but TPU cases without issue on my EVO. However, my wife used a Seidio case at first and it scratched up her phone quite a bit. TPU cases are also a bit cheaper in comparison. I plan on getting a Diztronic case as soon as they're available.

The same thing happened to me with my og Evo; it scratched the sides up pretty effectively.I've used TPU cases ever since and really like them.

Reactions: Jaymcp

Shardak

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I originally purchased the Siedo Surface case (the BestBuy branded version). While it fits well, it does add alot of bulk, and the covers over the buttons make it alot harder to push the volume and camera shutter buttons.

So i ordered the Diztronic Matte Black from amazon ($9.99), and it arrived today. I really like it. It fits like a glove, and allows direct access to the buttons. Also, the Seidio holster works with the Diztronic case.

Seidio gets a 7/10 rating. Diztronic is 9/10. Given that the Diztronic is only $10...its a no brainer.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got both and prefer the Diztronic TPU case. I've been using the Seidio's Surface case for my OG EVO and loved it. But for some reason, Seidio decided to go with a smooth slippery texture for the EVO LTE. The Diztronic TPU case isn't as slippery so I'm sticking with that one.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know I don't have the evo, but on my devices I have used Seidio, Casemate Barely There, Casemate Pop! Diztronic, cases someone on here was selling a few different ones from speck for my treo at the time. Favorite case is the pop by far but since I want a holster/ leather belt pouch I ordered the surface case for my Nexus. Different cases for different applications.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I got both and prefer the Diztronic TPU case. I've been using the Seidio's Surface case for my OG EVO and loved it. But for some reason, Seidio decided to go with a smooth slippery texture for the EVO LTE. The Diztronic TPU case isn't as slippery so I'm sticking with that one.

Sh3ngLong

You took the words right out of my mouth! I ordered both cases (Diztronic & Seidio), but the Diztronic won out. It's good looking, simple, and functional. It feels well constructed. I was skeptical at first about the uncovered buttons, but I love it now! The Seidio is just too slick. It looks & feels sturdy, but there was another issue. The camera button cover wasn't working properly. I kept activating the camera and taking pictures I wasn't aware I was taking. I've never done that w/my Diztronic cases. Those two issues were the deciding factors in me retiring the Seidio case. I now have 2 Diztronic cases, and I'm happy. They have a nice texture/grip in my hand. I was too afraid I was going to accidentally drop my phone w/that Seidio case.

Last edited:

rtnapl

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Had the Seidio on the OG EVO but I just picked up the Diztronic for the new EVO LTE and it's exactly what I was looking for!

Pros: very thin yet protective, fits like a glove, just the right hardness and flexibility,
has a nice matte finish for some grip, slips in and out of your pocket easily, only $12.40! It's sexy!

Con: power button activation requires some practice. I may experiment cutting the front tab for easier power button access.

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the thin feel to the phone but also want a case on it for protection. Which one of these would you suggest. thanks in advance.

cbt007

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I like the thin feel to the phone but also want a case on it for protection. Which one of these would you suggest. thanks in advance.

If you like the slim profile of the phone, the Diztronic would be the way to go. It adds very little bulk compared to the Seidio, IMHO.

I tried both, had the same issue where the buttons were much more difficult to use, especially the camera button.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I got Diztronic matte finish, but was pleasasntly surprised to see the glossy front side lining, really a nice touch.

Don't have any experience with Seidio but Diztroni's back is also very stylish. I think it really complements the phone's colots and esthetics.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol