Wirefly Pre-orders

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
There is no change to my shipping status and no release date yet. Sprint and Wirefly have really let me down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I know the feeling. I ordered from Amazon and not a peep. Sprint/Amazon/Wirefly = dropped the ball on this one. BAD

decke003

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like two groups have their phones... people who ordered online with sprint, and people who ordered in store at best buy... such a screwed up launch.

edit: I guess it is just us (amazon/wirefly) now. Bestbuy.com orders are being shipped overnight... even radio shack and target are getting pre-order inventory in. (source - inside sprint now)

Last edited:

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like two groups have their phones... people who ordered online with sprint, and people who ordered in store at best buy... such a screwed up launch.

edit: I guess it is just us (amazon/wirefly) now. Bestbuy.com orders are being shipped overnight... even radio shack and target are getting pre-order inventory in. (source - inside sprint now)

I just read inside sprint now, this was the first time I ever used a third party to buy a phone. I got a feeling Im going to regret this big time.

vdidwania

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got fed up and cancelled my Wirefly order. I'll just wait for store release and pick it up there. yea it'll be a little extra but i don't want to keep checking on this. let's see if i regret that also. :p

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same here.. I saw WF from here about the 119.99$ decided to hop on that...

Well at least from ISN they said that they might hear an actual launch date from sprint today... either way ... I'm assuming we aren't getting our phones at least mid to end of next week.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
either way you will have to wait indefinitely, why not wait till you know sprint store is selling the phone then cancel the order? for all we you, those who order from wirefly might get it sometimes next week. we all waited long enough, it makes no sense to cancel now unless you know for sure you can walk into a Sprint store today and pick up the phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

footballbanker

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It has now been 2-3 weeks and still no update for me. How long can they keep that 2-3 weeks ETA? Isn't that false advertising or something similar? I haven't received an email or any other communication from WF.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm standing on the porch and FedEx pulls up to deliver my shiny new.....freaking bluetooth that came free with my LTEvo...that I still don't have!!!!:(

I didn't receive a shipping notification for this, which leads me to believe that I will not receive one when my phone actually ships. Just an FYI.

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
As of 1:00PM EST from one of the Customer Reps I chatted with.

Mahender : Unfortunately, we do not have a firm shipping date for the HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and we are expecting to get next update regarding the availability of the phone very soon.
Mahender : However, as for now we have not received any update regarding the shipment of the phone.
Mahender : I assure you that once it becomes available in stock, we will process the order on priority basis for you.

So basically they don't even have the shipments yet.

They did give me free one day shipping now instead of two day.

RoRoUrBoat

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Had to exchange a phone from Wirefly and sent the phones manual seperate from the phone and they are claiming they have not received the manual therefore I must pay 50.00....should have went through Sprint! Wirefly punks :mad::'(

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Had to exchange a phone from Wirefly and sent the phones manual seperate from the phone and they are claiming they have not received the manual therefore I must pay 50.00....should have went through Sprint! Wirefly punks :mad::'(

This will be my last order with wirefly.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wirefly uses FedEx to ship and FedEx makes treats Saturday as a business day meaning they deliver for the same price so if Wirefly ships them today, we could get them tomorrow.

I really want my phone now, but I don't blame Wirefly...if they had the phones I am sure they would love to sell them and make money. Sprint, HTC, or customs is to blame. I'm going to go with Sprint for being their usual selves. How hard is to have a product before you sell it? I'm sure they do this crap just to try and create a buzz about the phone, but they just look like immature idiots to me. You would think Sprint just opened a cell phone business last week and hasn't figured out how to run things yet. The lack of information from Sprint is because they are embarrassed . . . .and they should be.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
^ WF customer service reps have said that FedEx does not ship for them on Saturdays...and we have no indication that WF will receive the phones today (Friday.)

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
That's a shame....maybe because they get a large shipping discount or something? Oh well...I'll stay busy through the weekend but when life slows down on Monday I'll be impatiently waiting again, hating anyone I can find to blame. :D

Saturday Delivery Services from FedEx

Saturday is a standard delivery day with FedEx Home Delivery?, so most packages scheduled for Monday delivery by the competition will be delivered two days earlier at no extra cost. In fact, FedEx Home Delivery? is faster to more residential locations than UPS Ground. For even more convenience, FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery? allows you to specify the delivery day from Tuesday through Saturday. For your time-definite needs, FedEx Express delivers on Saturday in many U.S. cities with FedEx First Overnight?, FedEx Priority Overnight? and FedEx 2Day? services.

deets86

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
^ WF customer service reps have said that FedEx does not ship for them on Saturdays...and we have no indication that WF will receive the phones today (Friday.)

WF CSRs have said a lot of things that have turned out to be contradictory or untrue (receives shipments directly from HTC, receives shipments directly from Sprint, check for updates on 5/24, check for updates on 5/25, expect the shipment to be in by the end of the week (Thursday), expect the shipment by the end of the week (Friday), expect the shipment by the end of the week (Sunday)).

WF CSRs know crap. I'm not saying FedEx DOES deliver from WF on Saturdays, I'm just saying don't trust WF CSR when they say FedEx DOES NOT deliver from WF on Saturdays.

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post an update on the status of Wirefly's orders.

We know our first shipment is en route to our Sprint distribution point. As soon as it is received it will be shipped overnight to our distribution center and then to our customers. Please know we are in constant contact with Sprint and awaiting word on when we will receive HTC EVO 4G LTE units to ship to you. We are expecting a definitive date from Sprint no later than Tuesday and we will begin shipping the HTC EVO 4G LTE to our customers as quickly as we receive them. We will send you an email as soon as your device is ready to ship. Thank you for shopping with Wirefly, we appreciate your business.

I know it isnt definitive, but I wanted to let you all know the most recent info that I had to share with you. We appreciate your patience while we wait to receive the phones from Sprint. If you have a specific issue with your phone order from Wirefly, please send a PM and we will be happy to help you! :)

wirefly_kim

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
WF CSRs have said a lot of things that have turned out to be contradictory or untrue (receives shipments directly from HTC, receives shipments directly from Sprint, check for updates on 5/24, check for updates on 5/25, expect the shipment to be in by the end of the week (Thursday), expect the shipment by the end of the week (Friday), expect the shipment by the end of the week (Sunday)).

WF CSRs know crap. I'm not saying FedEx DOES deliver from WF on Saturdays, I'm just saying don't trust WF CSR when they say FedEx DOES NOT deliver from WF on Saturdays.

Just to clarify, I can assure you, FedEx DOES NOT deliver from Wirefly on Saturdays. I am sorry for any confusion our representatives have caused, and I assure you we will review this with them and coach them on it. Let me know if there is something I can do to be of assistance to you. :)

Reactions: ceff7711