Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail stores?

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
In the interest of time (or lack thereof) and not wanting to go through the scores of articles, forum posts etc (ok yea I'm being lazy but come on, there really are a ton of write ups, none of them talking about more than the "shipping" part)...when will the Evo 4G LTE be available in Sprint stores (or Radio Shack, or Best Buy etc)...for the rest of us who did not pre-order?

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ok so...when will it be available in Sprint etc. retail store

everyone, including us pre-orders, are waiting for any kind of solid information from sprint. they said "by may 24" so if we have to wait till thursday, then i guess we have to. 3rd party sources are saying the may 24 date also or just saying they will send them out when sprint does. so basically we're all waiting to hear from sprint saying that they are def shipped out. i would really love an update in the next hour or so...

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site

It's that difficult to read the articles on this site. AC does a great job of keeping us updated. It takes more work to make a thread than it does to scroll along the front page...

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

It's that difficult to read the articles on this site. AC does a great job of keeping us updated. It takes more work to make a thread than it does to scroll along the front page...

Oh trust me, I LOVE AC, and it is one of my daily readers for some time now. The articles are greatly written and relevant to many different interests, so I regard this site highly. But you have to admit, there are so many articles and forum posts so far about this specific topic, that while at work I just don't have time to read at the moment. I'll catch up with them all soon.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site

everyone, including us pre-orders, are waiting for any kind of solid information from sprint. they said "by may 24" so if we have to wait till thursday, then i guess we have to. 3rd party sources are saying the may 24 date also or just saying they will send them out when sprint does. so basically we're all waiting to hear from sprint saying that they are def shipped out. i would really love an update in the next hour or so...

Hmm...so maybe an educated guess is if the shipping pre-orders are tentatively scheduled for Thursday the 24th, maybe the store release will be Friday the day after? A week after the initial release isn't too bad...

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Ive been saying it would be the 25th, but Sprint is really dropping the ball on this entire thing. I have the money set aside to walk into my local Sprint corporate store and pay full price for an evo because I hate my Epic touch, but if Sprint doesnt announce a release date by tomorrow Im gonna order some goodies for my car

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Ive been saying it would be the 25th, but Sprint is really dropping the ball on this entire thing. I have the money set aside to walk into my local Sprint corporate store and pay full price for an evo because I hate my Epic touch, but if Sprint doesnt announce a release date by tomorrow Im gonna order some goodies for my car

It seems clear by now that Sprint doesn't really care one way or another about this whole ordeal. They've been nonchalant from the start and are getting worse with each day of silence and no progress. The past month of hold-up has been Apple's fault, but it's all on Sprint now.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
phone scoop said that a shipment went out and sprint preorders should see them on or about the 24th no news about the others

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

It seems clear by now that Sprint doesn't really care one way or another about this whole ordeal. They've been nonchalant from the start and are getting worse with each day of silence and no progress. The past month of hold-up has been Apple's fault, but it's all on Sprint now.

i dont know if i believe that they dont care. any company would care about a delay on a flagship product. the lack of communication possibly tells me that this caught them completely by surprise and they are running around trying to sort everything out and not give information that may not be true. i bet the top brass of sprint is giving htc some [deleted] over this...

Last edited by a moderator:

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

i dont know if i believe that they dont care. any company would care about a delay on a flagship product. the lack of communication possibly tells me that this caught them completely by surprise and they are running around trying to sort everything out and not give information that may not be true. i bet the top brass of sprint is giving htc some sh*t over this...

We have a guy on the inside who is telling us Sprint hasn't even talked about this issue one bit today, and if they did it was really quick at the end of the day. That's not what a company would do if this was a priority to them at all.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

We have a guy on the inside who is telling us Sprint hasn't even talked about this issue one bit today, and if they did it was really quick at the end of the day. That's not what a company would do if this was a priority to them at all.

i agree its not good to have any new info, but again, there might not be any solid info to give, and instead of giving the customer service reps a new story to tell customers every couple hours, they keep all info internalized until something solid is known.

i dont know. just my 2 cents...

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site

i agree its not good to have any new info, but again, there might not be any solid info to give, and instead of giving the customer service reps a new story to tell customers every couple hours, they keep all info internalized until something solid is known.

i dont know. just my 2 cents...

But...we have a guy on the inside, and not even he can get any information about where the phones are and when/if they shipped to retailers yet. That is what is so ridiculous.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Have you tried to buy your upgrade?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

An unofficial Sprint resource said: "I feel confident that the HTC EVO 4G LTE will be in stores throughout the nation by February 28th, 2013." :p

Reactions: Dakota 35-2

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm guessing the 25th, but I also agree Sprint has dropped the ball horribly on this issue. At this point, skip the launch nonsense and get the phone to stores. Every day you don't have it for sale to the public you risk losing sales to other phones and carriers.

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

nah I aint close to eligible, I just got this pos epic touch in November:'(

You can buy your upgrade. I got the epic touch 4g in nov too and for $165 sprint let me upgrade to the new evo lte for $199.00 give them a call and ask for retention dept and that you want to buy out your upgrade.

Ian B

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

Wow for 165$ you could take that epic touch and sell it and make twice that back.

Good deal :)