I know we're all excited about our new evos! But I have a question concerning the battery.. What should I do when I get the phone? Should I charge it all the way up? Or drain the battery then charge it? What will allow the best battery performance? Thanks guys.
    05-22-2012 09:51 PM
    I know we're all excited about our new evos! But I have a question concerning the battery.. What should I do when I get the phone? Should I charge it all the way up? Or drain the battery then charge it? What will allow the best battery performance? Thanks guys.
    It's best to charge when it's low only and once a month let it die then charge it.

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.
    strawhatnito0890 likes this.
    05-22-2012 09:53 PM
    It's best to charge when it's low only and once a month let it die then charge it.

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.
    Actually I disagree that being the best advice for lithium ion batteries. They can be charged whenever and it isn't good for them to be allowed to fully depleted often.
    KoukiFC3S and Uncle Louie like this.
    05-22-2012 09:56 PM
    uh oh. disparity among the suggestions. maybe this will be a good conversation topic to take everyone's mind off the fact that we have no phones...
    05-22-2012 09:59 PM
    Actually I disagree that being the best advice for lithium ion batteries. They can be charged whenever and it isn't good for them to be allowed to fully depleted often.
    I would agree. Most older battery techs required full cycles. Lithium batteries are pretty good as long as you never fully deplete.
    05-22-2012 10:05 PM
    Exactly what I was thinking, Eric.
    ericj12 likes this.
    05-22-2012 10:07 PM
    It's best to charge from 50%. Your battery gets more cycles this way.

How Often Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong Its Lifespan?

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries
    05-22-2012 10:12 PM
    05-22-2012 10:14 PM
    I apologize these were the recommended instructions for the og evo...didn't know the battery was different

05-22-2012 10:18 PM
    Check this video out:

I found it to be pretty informative.
    05-22-2012 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD