When will Evo 4G LTE be on shelf at a Sprint store?

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Even if i didn't pre-order EVO 4G, I can't wait to see the actual product at a retail store. When will the product be available to view?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Even if i didn't pre-order EVO 4G, I can't wait to see the actual product at a retail store. When will the product be available to view?

The answer to that question may vary from store to store. I'd call the one you intend to visit and ask them when the phone will be available in store. I'm fairly certain that pre-orders will likely consume the first round of available inventory. However, Sprint should have some allocations set aside for in-store demo purposes. Again, it may be a different story from store to store.

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Sprint owned store and they said they had no idea, anything past Friday in store is inexcusable imo

not if they want to make sure every store has a certain amount before they start selling them. there are thousands of sprint stores across the country and they arent all gonna get a shipment at the exact same time. also im sure there is a little more to do than just take them off the truck and put them on the shelves. i dont work at a sprint store so i dont know the ins and outs of how it all works but im sure they make it a couple days after the items ship that way every store across the country is on the same page on launch day.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
not if they want to make sure every store has a certain amount before they start selling them. there are thousands of sprint stores across the country and they arent all gonna get a shipment at the exact same time. also im sure there is a little more to do than just take them off the truck and put them on the shelves. i dont work at a sprint store so i dont know the ins and outs of how it all works but im sure they make it a couple days after the items ship that way every store across the country is on the same page on launch day.

Google Maps search: "Sprint store"
Zoom out to full map of United States = 38,045 results

...they're gonna need a bigger truck. :p

Reactions: Rydah805

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Sprint owned store and they said they had no idea, anything past Friday in store is inexcusable imo
My Store told me they don't know. Sprint has not contacted them with that info. I'm suppose to get two. I'm ready. I did my early buyout, it's already charged to my acct. I did this so i could get the phone when it comes out, make the purchase easier. So if it's next week that's ok. I will ask for a credit if the phone doesn't come out soon.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I used to work for Sprint, yet I too have nothing to share with you.

Only thing is when we got phones for major release, we started selling them. That was back when they still gave a decent commission to sales people though. Use to kill it with the first Sanyo picture phones! Remember selling 52 in one day. Lol.

I'm fairly certain sprint will send out phones to every store ASAP. Give it a few days and then launch the phone. If the small stores don't have them yet, they will within a day or so.

Be nice to spread the frustration around evenly though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

castingon

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was in my local store tonight and they don't even have a demo model yet. They were excited to play with mine. The manager said hopefully soon, but not before the holiday.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Sprint/HTC should release some kind of info. on when customers can expect the phone to be on the shelf. Why keep us guessing? If they don't know say so. Just give us some kind of info. Even the people in Dan's Office don't know. This is not a good way to let customers know what is going on.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Sprint/HTC should release some kind of info. on when customers can expect the phone to be on the shelf. Why keep us guessing? If they don't know say so. Just give us some kind of info. Even the people in Dan's Office don't know. This is not a good way to let customers know what is going on.

Yes,I, agree they said official release date was 5/18/12 and had the issues with patent/ customs. then they screw everyone waiting except pre orders. I have been waiting for over a month to get a new phone due to several issues. I call Sprint and hey have no clue to a release date for a phone already supposed to be out.:banghead:

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree. Sprint was going to 'launch' the phone nationally on May 18. What happened to all the phones they were going to release to the waiting public a week ago? Maybe they didn't have them, and all of this has been a nice excuse to not have to reveal the fact.

Either way, some communication from Sprint would be nice. At this point the national launch will be almost two weeks late at best (earliest would be Wednesday with Monday being a holiday) with only a four day delay due to customs. There's something rotten in Louisville or Kansas City.

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Agree. Sprint was going to 'launch' the phone nationally on May 18. What happened to all the phones they were going to release to the waiting public a week ago? Maybe they didn't have them, and all of this has been a nice excuse to not have to reveal the fact.

Either way, some communication from Sprint would be nice. At this point the national launch will be almost two weeks late at best (earliest would be Wednesday with Monday being a holiday) with only a four day delay due to customs. There's something rotten in Louisville or Kansas City.

Sent from my OG EVO...for now!

Y'all must be sick of me by now, i know i'm sick of myself in here at this point but for some reason i find myself immobilized UNTIL i get my own hot lil hands on this device...My HTC White One X keeps looking at me funny as if to say, "um crazy lady, you DO realize i am a marvel in my OWN right, don't you?!" lol

I was super p'o'ed yesterday when everyone here started getting theirs so it prompted me to call my Sprint store and DEMAND to speak to Mgr (lol, it was prolly the janitor : ) and i really unleashed on that guy (i was nice but man on man did i give him an earful : ) And I didn't stop at this past EVO LTE debacle, i went back to around 2007 and complained about every dissatisfying experience i ever had at that store (long lines, uninterested sales ppl, billing mistakes, poor guy...lol)

But honestly and to his credit he clarified the point that "reserving & pre-ordering" are two totally different things, and although i think his sales force should make that clear to customers, i will admit i did not understand that until all of this unfolded with online pre-orders getting to people before Sprint phone reservations, as i do now.

He also added and i must admit that normally launch dates and instore dates usually are extremely close to each other and many phones don't have anywhere near the anticipation this one does/did, nor have run into the customs delay, so this sort of thing rarely happens....

So i'm offering this story up in the hopes any other frustrated Sprint Store Reservees might understand what went wrong a little better and not feel so slighted :-*

BTC

Reactions: jaescott

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just called Sprint Customer Care. The guy told me his Supervisor told him the phones were still being held up in Customs. He was not aware preorders had been shipped. This is horrible info. from Sprint.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
i went to my local BB Store & put 2 on preorder. They said it's not possible for any BB Store to have any for walkin customers. They only rec'd 3 that were preordered. They say there are more waiting release from Customs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon