Something is Wrong Here

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The fact that Sprint is acting like am amateur unorganized company here by not announcing a launch makes m wonder if something else isnt up with is company? Are they in trouble? Is someone forcing them to play is down? This just makes absolutely no.ensemble.from abusiness perspective.

Reactions: UNSCleric

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are they intentionally trying not to negate that iPhone deal they have going on right now?Something must be going on.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My guess is they have more preorders than stock at the moment. Why announce the release of a phone not a single person can go into the store and pick up? Or might be backordered for a couple weeks?

Reactions: Ry

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Well before the EVOGATE happened, everything was in place for official launch and pre-order shipping. Pre-order shipping got delayed, but apparently orders kept coming from third party websites and so on. So now they're having to fill those orders while also clearing additional inventory from customs. I am thinking they want to have enough units in hand at all the stores before announcing an official date.

Sprint is only playing safe here.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Are they intentionally trying not to negate that iPhone deal they have going on right now?Something must be going on or at least evn being in business, I can't fathom why they are al utterly publicaly locally closed mouthed.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Also, they're not trying to beat any date here, really. 2 years ago they wanted to release the EVO 4G before Apple's conference because Apple was supposed to unveil a phone with a camera on the front. The EVO wanted to be first at that, so they had their release days before that conference and the release of the iPhone 4.

Today? There's no iPhone in sight. At least a month if not 4 away. The Galaxy has no release date. An apple conference is weeks away.

They're just playing it cool. The only people that knew the launch was the 18th was people who already ordered the phone. Everyone else? They'll have available stock on hand when they do the public launch.

It doesn't make sense for them to do anything else other than wait. They have the time and they're just waiting to do it right.

As for any conspiracies.. The amount of orders they'd get would FAR surpass any losses from an iPhone trade in deal they're trying to snuff. This is pure supply and demand. There's no supply, and no additional (public) demand either... Might as well wait to create the demand after you have the supply to back it up.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Conspirators... you guys are hilarious.

"There MUST be something else"

It was announced to launch on the 18th. They BARELY figured out the pre-orders (you know, the ones we all b**ched about, exclaiming we weren't getting them early anymore and such)

They made NO promises to those that would be buying on launch day. The promises were made to us, that pre-ordered : "Get them before launch" - That's it.

Now, they'll figure out a suitable launch day, organize correctly (as originally planned for the 18th) and execute.

You guys are adorably hilarious with your theories....

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
lol I'm sure they rather be slow with updates then fast with possible wrong information.

Our phone's are one week late and that's with a huge customs debacle. Personally i dont blame them....but i still want my da*m phone

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Let me guess, a few of you probably think the moon landing was faked too... :p

Basic PR says downplay a problem you don't talk about it. It's also virtually out of Sprint's hands, trust me, they want to sell you the phone as bad as you want to buy it, but they have to fill pre-orders first.

Pre-order next time if you want to get it first.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard Sprint released very reliable info regarding launch date and even the anticipated customs delay wayyyyyyy back in April, the only problem is they have downloaded the info using their own data network @ a blazing fast speed of approx 25 kbps so the info should just about reach us by June....l:mad:

BTC

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Tupac, Elivis and Anna Nicole Smith are actually hoarding all of the phones in a cabin in North Dakota. They said they won't release the phones until the Lock Ness Monster shows his face and the government admits we never landed on the moon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad