HTC EVO 4G LTE Camera Shots: Lets see them here!

Xxdakyddwestxx

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Camera seems great to me your able to take some pretty great shots if you really wanted to.

Took these earlier today at a little creek

Pretty nice if you ask me.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Here are some of my better ones...

w2iypu.jpg
242u7bo.jpg
mj4px0.jpg
2gwdjqx.jpg
2d8nf28.jpg

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of into photography & this really bums me out. I don't know what you guys think but 90% of these photos are soft as hell & the color is way off. This can all be fixed thru software upgrades by HTC. I sure hope they get on it & fast. Believe me I'm not trying to insult you folks, my camera is the same. We should have more control but sadly it's not on the phone. Comments ?

I agree with you, though I have not played with the settings on this camera at all yet . . . I've taken a few quick snapshots. I was hoping that we would have some control over color and sharpness in processing software . . . but I agree, a few and simple changes by HTC would make a world of diff! But, I think they are pretty good for a "crappy cell phone pic".

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The Ohio River Fossil Beds look like a place my girls would LOVE to play . . . and me too! I remember finding fossils as a kid in a creek behind our house, and a lot of other stuff too! We've not found any in a creek near our house now. . . I reallly like #85 in your set of pics. . . looks like great fun.

36cf

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been lurking throughout this whole fiasco of the phone launch. I got my phone from Best Buy on Friday, and it's a blast. Of course, coming from the Hero, it had to be. Anyways, here are a few pictures from my first weekend with the phone. Hopefully, I'm not leeching too much bandwith with them.

Kuscoot, there are options to edit all that stuff after you take your picture (as I have done with some of mine posted below). Upon reviewing the picture, go to Edit. once there, you can apply various filters. There is another edit button (when applying filters) that is located on the top right half of the screen. Click that, and you can play with various settings (balance, contrast, saturation, etc.) of each filter. Hope this helps.

Disclaimer: I am not, nor do I claim to be, any kind of photography expert.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuscoot

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of into photography & this really bums me out. I don't know what you guys think but 90% of these photos are soft as hell & the color is way off. This can all be fixed thru software upgrades by HTC. I sure hope they get on it & fast. Believe me I'm not trying to insult you folks, my camera is the same. We should have more control but sadly it's not on the phone. Comments ?

I agree with you.. I am heart broken to say the least as I had really high hopes from the camera. I ahve two Nikon DSLRs but we still tote point and shoot to some locations with kids when we don;t bring our DSLRs. I was hoping to let go of the point and shoots, but no way..

Some of my pics are really really bad.. really really grainy like ISO 6400+ or something like that.. disappointed. Though I did click one on NYC this morning and might be good.. haven't checked it out yet though. Will post i if it's any good

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a professional photographer would be picky about these results. This clearly isn't a thousand dollar digital camera we're speaking of . But the pictures I'm getting and seeing from the EvoLTE look wonderful....say cheese...:D

sent from my Evo4LTE

Last edited:
Reactions: jalaazul

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from the Epic Touch, but after seeing the sample pictures, I don't see the point. The main reason for my switch would have been the camera, but the shots I've seen so far on multiple forums are FAR from what was promised.

This can't be the same camera as the One X, can it? I've seen some pretty impressive shots from that camera.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I was expecting a lot more out of this camera with all the hype about imagesense. Almost all these pictures look extremely soft and I don't think I saw a proper focus in any of them. Sad day :(

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from the Epic Touch, but after seeing the sample pictures, I don't see the point. The main reason for my switch would have been the camera, but the shots I've seen so far on multiple forums are FAR from what was promised.

This can't be the same camera as the One X, can it? I've seen some pretty impressive shots from that camera.

I am baffled hwo could the image quality on camera be so botched... I am seriously thinking of ditching this. For Nexuxs II maybe..

Sense does not make any sense either to me really.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This was really the one area HTC REALLY needed to improve on aside from their battery life. I gotta say, they didn't succeed. They need to get whatever lenses/software/optics Samsung and Apple are using and ditch theroute they've gone so far. Don't really have time to sit and make 50 adjustments in the settings to get a decent pic when others can just point and shoot and get better results. I honestly can't say i'm surprised though, the camera on the 3D was horrible. Was expecting much more from this phone.:'(

Reactions: jdizzle316

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
This was really the one area HTC REALLY needed to improve on aside from their battery life. I gotta say, they didn't succeed. They need to get whatever lenses/software/optics Samsung and Apple are using and ditch theroute they've gone so far. Don't really have time to sit and make 50 adjustments in the settings to get a decent pic when others can just point and shoot and get better results. I honestly can't say i'm surprised though, the camera on the 3D was horrible. Was expecting much more from this phone.:'(

I am pi'd that we will be SOL on this iteration though... really sucks:eek:

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
when did this turn into a "whaaa i hate the camera so i'm returning the phone" thread? there's plenty of other places on here to go complain about the pre-ordered lemon you received...

Reactions: taniabonita52

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Those are great pictures, colorful and vibrantly clear. I'm truly amazed at what quality pictures has finally come from HTC in part several years it truly remarkable thanks for sharing.:);)

sent from my Evo4LTE

sandman132

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Listen people I've used just about every cell phone on the market and the Camera is one of biggest selling points when I buy a phone. I switched from the D710 aka Epic Touch which had amazing camera. This definitely beats that phone! Some of these pictures people been posting are terrible and I'm looking through my pictures like how and why would you post terrible picture. HDR I honestly don't like it but when taking a picture I use burst and take like 20 then pick the best one, to me that is best way to get picture of animals, kids.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Listen people I've used just about every cell phone on the market and the Camera is one of biggest selling points when I buy a phone. I switched from the D710 aka Epic Touch which had amazing camera. This definitely beats that phone! Some of these pictures people been posting are terrible and I'm looking through my pictures like how and why would you post terrible picture. HDR I honestly don't like it but when taking a picture I use burst and take like 20 then pick the best one, to me that is best way to get picture of animals, kids.

People are sharing the results they are getting. can you please post a good one you got ? I am wondering maybe there is a difference in some lots that went out ? Mine are definitely blurry no matter what I do.

wilso850

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Herr are some pictures I took a little bit after I got my new EVO. This camera is sooooo much better than my Hero! My photography teacher was impressed!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: taniabonita52

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech